Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Is this the rules?

Coyote
Varmint Staff member Moderator Gold Supporting Member
Yesterday at 6:01 PM
“If a topic has to do with broader things, such as sexual assault, it is not off topic to bring up that behavior.”

If so, anything posted about Trump we can derail the thread to Biden as long as we’re still talking about old rich white guys running for President?
Zone 2 says posts must be related to the OP.

Just looking for clarification on what you want. Any OP about Trump we can derail to Biden and visa versa, correct?

Is this the rules?

Coyote
“If a topic has to do with broader things, such as sexual assault, it is not off topic to bring up that behavior.”

If so, anything posted about Trump we can derail the thread to Biden as long as we’re still talking about old rich white guys running for President?

Just looking for clarification on what you want. Any OP about Trump we can derail to Biden and visa versa, correct?

Seems to me that would apply if the context was Rump or Bitin' as candidates or as politicians.

But if there's a thread about Rump as a person. then deflection to waddabout Bitin' would be a clear violation of Pogo's Law and a fine of up to five centavos,

Really? I post a thread about the legality of sanctuary cities, and here we are. California liberals want to eat each other, who cares?

Is this the rules?

Coyote

If the topic is "old rich guys running for president" - sure.

What you are looking for is a topic soapbox isn't it? Where you can can't allow any other relevant posts. So, if you have a topic claiming Candidate X molests hamsters, and should be investigated - no one is allowed to bring up Candidate Y's hamster perversions. It doesn't really work that way. As long as the broader topic is respected we don't mess with it. But if the thread gets derailed into Candidate Y's Budgie fetish and the millions of taxpayer dollars he spends on purchasing outfits and shoes for his budgies - that would be a derailment.

Is this the rules?

Coyote

This is your SECOND day in a row post wondering about a certain moderator decision, is the same type of complaint as yesterday, which was shut down, maybe it is better to use the PM system instead?

Coyote's old post wasn't good enough? Sonofabitch! I thought it was gold! If anybody should be complaining about mod decisions..and Coyote infracting me..it should be me.

I am not doing that.

The best rules for USMB were posted by Coyote.
Oh thank God, I thought I was going crazy. Here they are:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back