Clarence Thomas Is Not a Black Hero—He's an Enemy of Black People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, nothing racist about my opposition to Thomas. But you want blacks to be in a certain place which is why you support blacks like Thomas who don't mind being put in the place you want him.

Nah, nothing racist about my opposition to Thomas. But you want blacks to be in a certain place which is why you support blacks like Thomas who don't mind being put in the place you want him.
Try to make sense racist

I have mixed feelings about Thomas.

I think he is absolutely a political hack, but so are most of the justices on SCOTUS, so why signal him out?

I also think the stuff they did with Lying Anita Hill was beyond reprehensible.

I have mixed feelings about Thomas.

I think he is absolutely a political hack, but so are most of the justices on SCOTUS, so why signal him out?

I also think the stuff they did with Lying Anita Hill was beyond reprehensible.
Yet you fine with the treatment of Kavanaugh, and ACB

That's a lot of power you project on that MAM.
Nothing stops ANYONE from "progressing" but THEMSELVES!
A Supreme Court Justice can impede progress.

Yet you fine with the treatment of Kavanaugh, and ACB

Kavanaugh actually had better evidence of real abuse. And ACB was only called out for being a religious fanatic, which is a legitimate concern.

My problem with Anita Hill's story is that it never made sense to me.

If Thomas was sexually harassing her at the Department of Education, why did she transfer with him to EEOC?

Black people like white people owned slaves through history

America is one of the only countries of the world where the media and Rich celebrities provide the viewpoint that “American history is evil and racist”, which is false and a abomination

Young white men are responsible for most school shootings. Young black men overrepresent violent crimes in general in America.

We have a cultural problem in America among young blacks and whites.

Home prices have doubled since Biden took office

Most black men and white men white nothing to do with BLM or race politics. They want a better life and they want the middle-class. The middle-class is dwindling in America.

You are the racist
Only to the racist whites here. Now try staying on topic. I have presented evidence validating my opposition to Thomas. You can't refute any of it.

You mean like watching Democrats, who aren’t anti-Semitic, come to the defense of Palestine?
This thread is about Clarence Thomas. The types of whites who defend him are the whites who defend any black person who works against black progress.

This thread is about Clarence Thomas. The types of whites who defend him are the whites who defend any black person who works against black progress.
This thread is about the same whinny shit you post constantly.

Don't worry, your reparations check is already in the mail.

LOL

Clarence Thomas’ Long Battle Against Affirmative Action​

When Clarence Thomas was accepted to Yale Law School in 1971, the school’s stated goal was for students of color like him to make up about 10% of its incoming class. It was part of the nationwide affirmative action movement in which schools and workplaces actively recruited women and people of color into arenas where they had long been underrepresented.

For decades, many universities have considered race as one admissions factor to help create a diverse student body. Thomas has long remained staunchly opposed to affirmative action.

In 1980, Thomas said at a meeting of Black conservatives, “You had to prove yourself every day because the presumption was that you were dumb and didn’t deserve to be there on merit.”

But Thomas “was at war with himself” on affirmative action, according to the biography Supreme Discomfort by Kevin Merida and Michael Fletcher. In 1983, as head of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), he said that affirmative action laws were of “paramount importance” to him. “But for them, God only knows where I would be today,” he said.

Thomas would come to believe that affirmative action harms the very people it claims to benefit, writing in a later Supreme Court opinion that Black and Hispanic students “who likely would have excelled at less elite schools are placed in a position where underperformance is all but inevitable” and that would negatively impact their self-confidence.

“Clarence Thomas stands to be one of the great beneficiaries in American life of affirmative action,”
-Harvard Law Professor Randall Kennedy

Yet he opposed the very policy that got his eventually to the SCIOTUS. Today Thomas is hailed as a great black role model by the white racist subculture because he helped gut the equal opportunity for nonwhites that same subculture has always opposed.
What is the basis for your disagreement with this documented evidence DBA? That you're white and you say so?

I defend him because I agree with this reasoning the majority of the time. I don’t agree with AA because it is a race and gender based policy. The black kid whose dad was a brain surgeon and went to private schools shouldn’t be afforded the benefit of AA over a white kid who grew up in a trailer in the mountains of WV. If AA is to exist at all, it should be based on economic factors alone, not gender or race.

What is the basis for your disagreement with this documented evidence DBA? That you're white and you say so?

See my response below. Race based policies are wrong.

I defend him because I agree with this reasoning the majority of the time. I don’t agree with AA because it is a race and gender based policy. The black kid whose dad was a brain surgeon and went to private schools shouldn’t be afforded the benefit of AA over a white kid who grew up in a trailer in the mountains of WV. If AA is to exist at all, it should be based on economic factors alone, not gender or race.
Of course, you agree with Thomases reasoning because his reasoning further advances white preferential treatment. This is why I say that whites like you need to relearn history. Because white men have everything they do because they enacted race and gender-based policy that excluded everyone not a white man and lied to themselves about how they created a system that celebrated freedom and opportunity for everyone. And now whites like you think that by allowing that system to continue that somehow we will achieve equal opportunity. A black kid whose father is a brain surgeon is rare and still that kid will face discrimination based on race while the white kid who grew up in a trailer will not.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA

That would work well, if race wasn't already a determining factor in how society treats people despite their accomplishments.

Your hypothetical son of a brain surgeon is still going to be pulled over by the cops for a DWB for driving too nice of a car, or will be passed up by a cab no matter how nice his suit is, or will have his resume rejected because his name sounded too black.

Your hypothetical kid from the trailer park will be granted a pass for a cop, will never have a problem getting a cab, and no one will care about his economic status growing up when his resume cross HR.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back