Claire Wineland, inspirational speaker and social media star, dies one week after lung transplant

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Cystic fibrosis did not define Claire Wineland. She did.

No matter the obstacles placed in front of her, of which there were many, she refused to be pitied and was determined to live a life that mattered. She inspired countless people, invited -- no, demanded -- honest talk about illness and mortality, and brightened the worlds of those she touched with her smile, spunk and spirit.
On Sunday evening, after being taken off life support and using the newly transplanted lungs she received just one week earlier, Claire took her last breath. The cause of death was a massive stroke she suffered soon after the transplant surgery. She was 21.'

Claire Wineland, inspirational speaker and social media star, dies one week after lung transplant - CNN

170702184457-claire-wineland-portrait-restricted-medium-plus-169.jpeg

Few - if any of you - may know who she was. But I did - just off of the web and a few tweets I exchanged with her.
She was - IMO - an AMAZING person. And I am SOOO sorry that she is gone.

No matter the obstacles placed in front of her, of which there were many, she refused to be pitied and was determined to live a life that mattered. She inspired countless people, invited -- no, demanded -- honest talk about illness and mortality, and brightened the worlds of those she touched with her smile, spunk and spirit.
On Sunday evening, after being taken off life support and using the newly transplanted lungs she received just one week earlier, Claire took her last breath. The cause of death was a massive stroke she suffered soon after the transplant surgery. She was 21.'

Claire Wineland, inspirational speaker and social media star, dies one week after lung transplant - CNN

Few - if any of you - may know who she was. But I did - just off of the web and a few tweets I exchanged with her.
Poor girl tried to do good with what little life she had RIP!

Hadn't heard of her, but what an inspirational life she lived. I dare people to complain about their challenges after that

Forum List

Back