Civil war from a left and right perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could easily take out a million Americans or so with my LvL 80 Spectral-Forged Steel Mageblade. Rwaaar!

ROTFLMAO!

Science fiction..and not even good sci-fi!

High desertion rates..our military?

He's drunk. The US military takes their oaths far more seriously than he believes.

I have heard this bs for years now..and i get a kick out of it every time. 4G warfare...rendering heavy weapon meaningless?

Never really seen a ToT barrage before..or understand that artillery is an area denial weapon?

There no such thing as the Conservative army! No Liberal counter-forces!

Just s shop-worn fantasy of some dystopian end of days they call SHTF! Not going to happen guy...at least not with some civil war twixt the cons and the Libs..

Now is you're talking the coming resource wars..when water and power will dwindle---might need a gun or two..in some areas.

but in that case..the military would be in there helping..stem the tide of hungry people.
You keep believing that chump.

ROTFLMAO!

He's drunk. The US military takes their oaths far more seriously than he believes.

I have heard this bs for years now..and i get a kick out of it every time. 4G warfare...rendering heavy weapon meaningless?

Never really seen a ToT barrage before..or understand that artillery is an area denial weapon?

Just s shop-worn fantasy of some dystopian end of days they call SHTF! Not going to happen guy...at least not with some civil war twixt the cons and the Libs..

Now is you're talking the coming resource wars..when water and power will dwindle---might need a gun or two..in some areas.

but in that case..the military would be in there helping..stem the tide of hungry people.

So while they're stemming the tide of hungary people who's doing their fighting?

And no the military will not fire on American citizens.
Yes..they have..many times...and would do so again..if that situation arose.

fighting is not everything a military does...just sayin'

Really?
And when did our military fire on American citizens?

this is not a complete list....i noted that the shelling of New York was not mentioned--during the Civil War when the Irish rioted over the draft.

https://www.quora.com/Has-the-US-ever-used-military-power-against-its-citizens?share=1
Would the US Military Fire on American citizens? - The Anti-Media

One of your links leads to fuckbook. Dont go there myself.
And the second one has been addressed in the video which you obviously didnt watch.

ROTFLMAO!

So while they're stemming the tide of hungary people who's doing their fighting?

They had no problem at Kent State.

Aaaaah thanks bodey!!!
Thats the one I was waiting for. And who were they shooting?

This is the most comprehensive analyses of what would happen if civil war were to break out in America I've come across...and it paints a very bleak outcome for the left.

A lot of these points have been brought up here but this guy really nails it down.

Interesting video. However, I do not believe America is headed or even close to a shooting civil war 2.0. Rather, I think we've been (the U.S.A) engaged in a full blown cultural and technological cold civil war for about six or seven decades, a war fought through the entertainment industry and academic ideology on and from campuses across the country. Further, I do believe that the ultimate aim of Democrat majority controlled states such as California and Washington is secession. Yes, I predict such states will either actually secede from "the Union" or at least threaten secession as extortion to gain more power and advance cultural war objectives.

Now, speaking to what an actual shooting civil war 2.0 might look like, well . . . in my opinion, the opinion of a twenty-seven year Army veteran . . . what we'd at most see is as follows. We'd see governors and mayors of sanctuary states and cities using the combined might of their police and national guard forces to sort of keep out the Feds, and protect their rule and the rule of their ultra-liberal policies in those places. We might also see something very similar to the Paris Commune during the French Revolution in cities such as LA and Portland, where essentially those metropolitan centers of radical liberal culture become micro-nations unto themselves. As for regular US Military forces, I highly doubt they would be used domestically beyond a very basic crowd control and anti-insurrectionist/terrorist capacity. No sitting President, again in my opinion, would authorize use of heavy air bombardment against domestic population centers, unless the imminent danger was great enough to threaten the seat of our federal government itself. Mass desertion from regular, active duty forces for ideological purposes? The chances of that are very, very low.

The biggest fault I see in your hypothesis is the state of California using it's Nat Guard.
They like most Military personnel are right wing,and the vast majority of those troops in California dont even come from there,they're just stationed there.

I agree with you, academically and ideologically speaking. However, unit cohesion could very well rule the day if for instance say Governor Gavin Newsom called up whatever guard unit and set them to blockading LA from encroaching federal forces. I believe individual members of such units would follow orders for the deployment and be more concerned with protecting their fellow squad and platoon members than Googling the ideological-political motivations of those orders. This explanation would also hold water if whatever Governor effectively spun the reason for their deployment from say rebelling against the federal government, to protecting their homes and businesses and families from some kind of supposedly threatening or illegal encroachment of federal forces. The view up from boots on the ground is much different from the view down, particularly if your fellow troops' lives are under imminent threat.

[

The military will respect and serve the chain of command. .

Not if there is a Civil War like is postulated in this thread.

The last time there was a Civil War a tremendous number of military deserted to the other side. The same thing would happen now in a Right v Left conflict.

The tremendous number of Conservatives in the armed forces would not support a Leftest regime fighting against Constitutional liberties. The oath is to the Constitution, not Communist Party leaders.

[

Really?

Detroit riot in '67.....82nd AB fired on arsonists. Kent State 1971....Waco 1993....Cav helos from Ft. Hood shot Branch Davidians as they ran from the burning compound.....It's happened before.

Not on this scale.
We're talking about nationwide.
What do you think the reaction of a common soldier is going to be when he finds out the government gunned down his Brother or maybe his Father?

[

Really?

Detroit riot in '67.....82nd AB fired on arsonists. Kent State 1971....Waco 1993....Cav helos from Ft. Hood shot Branch Davidians as they ran from the burning compound.....It's happened before.
Yes....I don't know where some people get the idea that our military would refuse to fire on American citizens. They've historically had no problem doing so.

On a mass scale?

[Q

THE LEFT tell us every single day how they are the educated, university-bred, science-orientated, big city and progressive, they abhor violence and owning guns and want everyone disarmed more like England; their best friends are the Princeton textbook, Mac computer and Pickett slide rule. Their idea of a bad day is their mocha latte being served cold at Panera Bread.
View attachment 264887

Actually the Left is lying to us.

Most of the Left voting block in this country are inner city ghetto welfare shitheads that are dumber than a door knob. In addition to illegals, Feminazis and queers.

R

LOL! You are confused. The oath is to the Constitution, not Communist Party members.

Most members of the armed forces are conservatives. If it became a knock down drag out fight between Left and Right there would be tremendous shifting of sides within the US military.

It is even conceivable that the only people to stay in the US military would be the Black Navy cooks and the homosexuals.
I see you've not been in the navy in a long time, if at all. Besides--having the homosexuals does give them 80% of the marines!

What is this great' Left' and 'Right', you speak of?

The military will respect and serve the chain of command. Believe it..they are trained to do so by people who know what they are doing.

Again, hungry, angry people revolt..happy, full people..with wifi...do not.
The way Obama crapped on the military when he was in office lots of American soldiers resigned rather than carry out his treasonous orders.

This is the most comprehensive analyses of what would happen if civil war were to break out in America I've come across...and it paints a very bleak outcome for the left.

A lot of these points have been brought up here but this guy really nails it down.

Interesting video. However, I do not believe America is headed or even close to a shooting civil war 2.0. Rather, I think we've been (the U.S.A) engaged in a full blown cultural and technological cold civil war for about six or seven decades, a war fought through the entertainment industry and academic ideology on and from campuses across the country. Further, I do believe that the ultimate aim of Democrat majority controlled states such as California and Washington is secession. Yes, I predict such states will either actually secede from "the Union" or at least threaten secession as extortion to gain more power and advance cultural war objectives.

Now, speaking to what an actual shooting civil war 2.0 might look like, well . . . in my opinion, the opinion of a twenty-seven year Army veteran . . . what we'd at most see is as follows. We'd see governors and mayors of sanctuary states and cities using the combined might of their police and national guard forces to sort of keep out the Feds, and protect their rule and the rule of their ultra-liberal policies in those places. We might also see something very similar to the Paris Commune during the French Revolution in cities such as LA and Portland, where essentially those metropolitan centers of radical liberal culture become micro-nations unto themselves. As for regular US Military forces, I highly doubt they would be used domestically beyond a very basic crowd control and anti-insurrectionist/terrorist capacity. No sitting President, again in my opinion, would authorize use of heavy air bombardment against domestic population centers, unless the imminent danger was great enough to threaten the seat of our federal government itself. Mass desertion from regular, active duty forces for ideological purposes? The chances of that are very, very low.

The biggest fault I see in your hypothesis is the state of California using it's Nat Guard.
They like most Military personnel are right wing,and the vast majority of those troops in California dont even come from there,they're just stationed there.

I agree with you, academically and ideologically speaking. However, unit cohesion could very well rule the day if for instance say Governor Gavin Newsom called up whatever guard unit and set them to blockading LA from encroaching federal forces. I believe individual members of such units would follow orders for the deployment and be more concerned with protecting their fellow squad and platoon members than Googling the ideological-political motivations of those orders. This explanation would also hold water if whatever Governor effectively spun the reason for their deployment from say rebelling against the federal government, to protecting their homes and businesses and families from some kind of supposedly threatening or illegal encroachment of federal forces. The view up from boots on the ground is much different from the view down, particularly if your fellow troops' lives are under imminent threat.

What federal forces?
The defenders of the Constitution are not going to be federal forces.
As the guy stated in the video this isn't going to be a conventional war.
It will be a war of attrition,all you have to do is stop the flow of goods into the cities,in the day and age of daily shipment of food they'll be killing each other in a few weeks for a week old loaf of bread.
Cut the power and that exacerbates the situation.
Once the rioting starts they'll be to busy dealing with that.

It is hard to imagine large portions of the population wanting to rebel unless things get really bad. So, it seems unlikely that we would have another civil war anytime soon.

At the same time, it would not take a large percentage of the entire population to get it started to the point where the military would be a non-factor.

For example, if most Texans decided they did not want to be part of the U.S., the size of the force Texas could amass, coupled with the number of available weapons owned by private citizens, would out number the U.S. military at least 10 to 1. At the current, that scenario is unlikely because we are all content. We are content because government largely does our bidding. If we were not able to amass such a huge armed civilian force, would our government give a shit? That's the real question.

We need to be armed.

Exactly!!!
Anyone who knows history understands that.

5f4m1ss.png

ROTFLMAO!

Aaaaah thanks bodey!!!
Not a good example for you--they shot law-abiding Americans exercising their constitutional rights. yeah, they were throwing rocks and acting the fools....but the shooting was deemed as egregious by most.

Better for your example would be any of the numerable times the army was used to break strikes..killing workers and upholding the sacred right of Ownership.

R

LOL! You are confused. The oath is to the Constitution, not Communist Party members.

Most members of the armed forces are conservatives. If it became a knock down drag out fight between Left and Right there would be tremendous shifting of sides within the US military.

It is even conceivable that the only people to stay in the US military would be the Black Navy cooks and the homosexuals.
I see you've not been in the navy in a long time, if at all. Besides--having the homosexuals does give them 80% of the marines!

What is this great' Left' and 'Right', you speak of?

The military will respect and serve the chain of command. Believe it..they are trained to do so by people who know what they are doing.

Again, hungry, angry people revolt..happy, full people..with wifi...do not.
The way Obama crapped on the military when he was in office lots of American soldiers resigned rather than carry out his treasonous orders.

I advised my older son who graduated from High School in 1996 not to join the military because Slick Willy was Commander in Chief.

ROTFLMAO!

Aaaaah thanks bodey!!!
Not a good example for you--they shot law-abiding Americans exercising their constitutional rights. yeah, they were throwing rocks and acting the fools....but the shooting was deemed as egregious by most.

Better for your example would be any of the numerable times the army was used to break strikes..killing workers and upholding the sacred right of Ownership.

Oh it's a great example.
They were shooting leftist hippies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back