Civil Disobedience

The genie is now out of the bottle and is not going back in. More and more states are now banning smoking in areas where the public has open access. We are not going back to the old way of doing things as much as the smokers choose to whine and pout.
This means that if you are a smoker you must light up in environments where non-smokers will not be affected by your smoke. This should be a common courtesy but since smokers have never been known for their consideration of others, it is now the law.

The genie is definitely out of the bottle, the government can now dictate what a business owner can or cannot do with his property regardless of the free choice of his patrons and employees to be there.
Smoking is a perfectly legal act, in fact, the government relies on tobacco taxes for funding.

I do that all the time. Still have to do it even in areas that are well posted as non smoking areas!! As I said in an above post, if smokers were considerate they'd put their cigarettes out without even having to be asked. But too many are not considerate, too many are bullies that refuse to accommodate requests. That's why laws finally had to be enacted to stop them. You can blame the smokers for this unnecessary intrusion by the government. Thay are the ones who brought it on themselves and are wasting taxpayer money. Do you consider it practicing civility to light up where someone else has to breathe in your smoke? If you want to lecture on civility you need to start with the smokers. They are the ones not being civil.

Best to restrict the rights of the property owners, and make the government the bully. :cuckoo:
I notice you avoid the question I asked. "Do you consider it practicing civility to light up where someone else has to breathe in your smoke?"

Go sulk if that makes you feel better.

There were plenty of non-smoking establishments in the state before the law went into effect. They were non-smoking because the business owner wanted them to be, his/her choice. It was also the individuals choice as to which establishment they walked into. the could choose a non-smoking one, or a smoking one.
Now, nobody has that choice. Not the business owner, nor the customer.
Non-smokers are just using the government to bully everybody.

Best to restrict the rights of the property owners, and make the government the bully. :cuckoo:
I notice you avoid the question I asked. "Do you consider it practicing civility to light up where someone else has to breathe in your smoke?"

There were plenty of non-smoking establishments in the state before the law went into effect. They were non-smoking because the business owner wanted them to be, his/her choice. It was also the individuals choice as to which establishment they walked into. the could choose a non-smoking one, or a smoking one.
Still avoiding the question I asked?

"Do you consider it practicing civility to light up where someone else has to breathe in your smoke?"

I notice you don't even mention the employees. It would appear from your behavior to the waitress you mentioned that you hardly think they are human.

The genie is now out of the bottle and is not going back in. More and more states are now banning smoking in areas where the public has open access. We are not going back to the old way of doing things as much as the smokers choose to whine and pout.
This means that if you are a smoker you must light up in environments where non-smokers will not be affected by your smoke. This should be a common courtesy but since smokers have never been known for their consideration of others, it is now the law.

The genie is definitely out of the bottle, the government can now dictate what a business owner can or cannot do with his property regardless of the free choice of his patrons and employees to be there.
Smoking is a perfectly legal act, in fact, the government relies on tobacco taxes for funding.

Yes they can and do. It is only going to get togher mountain. Maybe you need to get better control of your addiction and quit whining......its not my problem pal

I notice you don't even mention the employees. It would appear from your behavior to the waitress you mentioned that you hardly think they are human.
Your internet psychic abilities failed you again.

P.S.
Read the OP and post #24. (The parts about tips).

Last edited:

"Do you consider it practicing civility to light up where someone else has to breathe in your smoke?"

Nobody has to breathe the smoke from my cigarette, they used to have a choice what establishment they went into. They could choose non-smoking establishments.
You love using the government as your personal bully, don't you?

Yes they can and do. It is only going to get togher mountain. Maybe you need to get better control of your addiction and quit whining......its not my problem pal
Eventually, they will use the same action to restrict something you do that is perfectly legal. I hope you like it.

Do you consider it practicing civility to revoke other people's Constitutional rights in order to remake the world to your personal liking?

Maybe he just thinks she should get a job somewhere that doesn't have smoking if it bothers her so much. Is there really such a shortage of server positions that the ONLY place she can work is that one smoky bar?

Nobody has to breathe the smoke from my cigarette, they used to have a choice what establishment they went into. They could choose non-smoking establishments.

So if they are there first and you light up a cigarette, you expect THEM to leave?

More evidence why we have to pass laws against smokers...they just don't get it

Eventually, they will use the same action to restrict something you do that is perfectly legal. I hope you like it.

Yea..yea....slippery slope BS

Smokers ruined it for themselves with their inconsiderate and militant refusal to curb their addiction

Tough luck pal...its only going to get worse

P.S.

You think you can throw your money around and buy people with tips?
No one should have to suck it up to smokers because they control their earnings.

Continuing to avoid answering my question. Your avoidance answers it instead. You agree that smoking around other people in uncivil behavior.

P.S.

You think you can throw your money around and buy people with tips?

No one should have to suck it up to smokers because they control their earnings.

Not at all, you said that, not me.

Yer grasping at straws because your argument is a failure, so instead, you just want to project some evil thought about me.
When was the last time you were intellectually honest?

Smoking is not perfectly legal. That you should be on my side because something similar will happen to you tactic is so pathetic. Whaaaah!

Do you consider it practicing civility to revoke other people's Constitutional rights in order to remake the world to your personal liking?
No one has a Constitutional right to blow smoke in my face, SoSilly.

So if they are there first and you light up a cigarette, you expect THEM to leave?

More evidence why we have to pass laws against smokers...they just don't get it
Yeah, after reading some of the posts in this thread I'm inclined to think that shipping the arrogant and selfish ones off to Antarctica might not be such a bad idea. :lol:

No one has a Constitutional right to blow smoke in my face, SoSilly.

No one said they wanted to blow smoke in your face you idiot. Now quit blowing smoke up my ass.

Smoking is not perfectly legal. That you should be on my side because something similar will happen to you tactic is so pathetic. Whaaaah!

Since when was smoking against the law?
Do you think the government gets tobacco tax from the tobacco fairies?

Forum List

Back