Civil Asset Forfeiture

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
How is this still a thing in our country? Or hell, why was it ever a thing to start with.

So, it took a year for this guy to prove he was innocent, something that is not supposed to happen in the US. The Govt is supposed to prove guilt prior to punishment, yet here we are. He gets his money back, but does he get any compensation for a year without it and the expense of fighting the Fed Govt?

I hope this is a topic we can all actually agree on, no matter which side of the aisle you are on

Another trampling of the Constitution by the failed drug war.
Decades of this stupid failed effort has only emboldened gangs, raised drug use, increased violence and has made the Cartels as powerful as many governments.

Time to try something different.

Nanny Statists live on both sides of the aisle.

is a patently stupid policy.

A patently conservative policy. A policy that conservatives hailed as a stunning success of the Reagan Administration to stop that evil drug problem.

A policy I notice they still don't seem to have a problem with. The only problem I have with it, is it is used against shoe shiners in New Orleans, and not against billionaire tax cheats, and real estate scam artists in Palm Beach.

Any assets derived by a FOUND GUILTY drug offender should be seized

I love police auctions. Knowing I'm giving back to them what the dopers take

How is this still a thing in our country? Or hell, why was it ever a thing to start with.

So, it took a year for this guy to prove he was innocent, something that is not supposed to happen in the US. The Govt is supposed to prove guilt prior to punishment, yet here we are. He gets his money back, but does he get any compensation for a year without it and the expense of fighting the Fed Govt?

I hope this is a topic we can all actually agree on, no matter which side of the aisle you are on

the reason its still happening is because of party drones that continue to create a divide in the people so that we can never stand together against the government,, to busy fighting each other,,

Forum List

Back