CIA relied on Israeli Supreme Court rulings to justify torture, Senate report says

fanger

Gold Member
May 21, 2014
Fuck israel
‘Israeli example’ cited to back for use of torture when interrogating terror suspects ‘where there is no other available means to prevent the harm’ they might inflict.
HAARETZ
The scathing report published Tuesday by the United States Senate Intelligence Committee on the CIA’s interrogation of terror suspects reveals that the CIA’s lawyers used the rulings of Israel’s Supreme Court to construct a legal case justifying torture.
According to the 528-page document, a redacted version of the 6,000-page report that remains classified, in November 2001 some CIA officers were concerned they may need legal justification for the interrogation methods they had begun using when questioning Al-Qaida suspects in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.
In a draft memorandum prepared by the CIA’s Office of General Counsel, the “Israeli example” was cited as a possible justification that “torture was necessary to prevent imminent, significant, physical harm to persons, where there is no other available means to prevent the harm.”
The “Israeli example” refers to the conclusions of the Landoi Commission in 1987 and subsequent Supreme Court rulings that forbid Israel’s security services from using torture in interrogation of terror suspects, but allows the use of “moderate physical pressure” in cases which are classified as a “ticking bomb,” when there is an urgent need to obtain information which could prevent an imminent terror attack.
Over the years, Israeli human rights organizations led by the Public Committee Against Torture in Israel have petitioned the Supreme Court a number of times, and succeeded in outlawing various interrogation methods which the Shin Bet continued to use.
CIA relied on Israeli Supreme Court rulings to justify torture Senate report says The Ugly Truth
They made me do it

Hmmm...49 thousand queers are lured to Candlestick Park by a domestic Isil cell that promises each of them 72 virgin little boys. Then the Isil brigade surrounds the stadium and makes preparations to whip the degenerates half to death, before they hang them from crane booms assembled on the field.

But wait!! Three Isil big shots are captured by the California National Guard. If tortured, the lives of thousands of degenerates might be saved. Only...we can't do that, can we? I mean, it'd be immoral to torture people, right? I mean, every queer down on that field would agree that torture can never be used under any circumstances, even if it meant saving their own hypocrite selfish asses...right?

What to do, what to do. Well, I guess we'd just have to put some brats on the bar-bee, sit back in our lawn chairs and sip a beer, while we listen to the screaming at Candlestick Park for the next 24 hours...I mean, on account of it'd be immoral to use torture to save lives...right?

Tom, you are such a degenerate fascist.

The report now gives victims the right to file wrongful torture suits against CIA personnel.

Guys, don't torture, if you don't want the world to know your names.

A report by a bunch of partisan hacks doesn't give terrorists rights.

It's just another smear job by the left, meant only to spur more phoney outrage towards Americans. The only thing this "report" does, is serve the Agenda.

Hmmm...49 thousand queers are lured to Candlestick Park by a domestic Isil cell that promises each of them 72 virgin little boys. Then the Isil brigade surrounds the stadium and makes preparations to whip the degenerates half to death, before they hang them from crane booms assembled on the field.

But wait!! Three Isil big shots are captured by the California National Guard. If tortured, the lives of thousands of degenerates might be saved. Only...we can't do that, can we? I mean, it'd be immoral to torture people, right? I mean, every queer down on that field would agree that torture can never be used under any circumstances, even if it meant saving their own hypocrite selfish asses...right?

What to do, what to do. Well, I guess we'd just have to put some brats on the bar-bee, sit back in our lawn chairs and sip a beer, while we listen to the screaming at Candlestick Park for the next 24 hours...I mean, on account of it'd be immoral to use torture to save lives...right?
is your entire life an episode of 24 agent jack bauer?

Sweetnam may like the Stasi, the KGB,the Japanese torturers, the Gestapo.

Real Americans don't. You want to torture here in the name of the USA, you are going to be outed because you have put us all in danger.

You don't get to hide now.

Forum List

Back