Christmas Getaway

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a charming Christmas-Town short-story inspired by my love of Hallmark Channel's lovely Christmas movies. Isn't cable divine?

====

This is the idyllic Christmas-Town in Colorado where I tried to start a new life after retiring from the CIA where I worked as an infiltrator in Northern Ireland, using bank robbery mechanism to forge finance bridges between the IRA and Sinn Fein and improve Protestant-Catholic relations in the UK. This Christmas-Town in Colorado is where I attempted to find a new life of peace and love!

cg3.jpg

My name's Gavin Satan.

buff24.jpg

I have lots of toy machine-guns. Is that surprising? Maybe I was groomed to become CIA. Maybe, right?

cg6.jpg

This is the woman I fell in love with in Christmas-Town. Her name's Barbara. She's lovely. She's graceful, and irresistible.

cg5.jpg

Unfortunately, she's married to this wealthy German-American businessman in Denver, Stephen, and I had to find a way to make my infatuation work. Stephen was the man between my retirement happiness with Barbara and my past life of haunting work for the CIA. Stephen is an excellent man and obviously the hurdle. He has only one flaw.

cg1.jpg

Stephen doesn't care much for Barbara's young daughter Charlene, a daughter from a previous marriage. While I was playing and spending time with Barbara, Barbara was working out her difficulties with Stephen. Meanwhile, I met a very attractive secretary in Christmas-Town named Shelbye, and we began a love affair. This seemed practical to me, since Barbara was tinkering and leaning towards Stephen. Shelbye is very gorgeous.

cg4.jpg

GAVIN: Marry me!
BARBARA: I've divorced Stephen and I need time.
GAVIN: Let's build a life together.
BARBARA: You seem haunted.
GAVIN: I'm only haunted now by the vision of our shared life and future children.
BARBARA: I don't know, Gavin!
GAVIN: There's nothing to know, only our future children to dream of, Barbara.
BARBARA: I admit, I've been thinking our future children might be...delicious.
GAVIN: Don't you find the prospect of biracial children divine?
BARBARA: You are a handsome Algerian-American man, Gavin.
GAVIN: Our children will be divine.

cg2.jpg

That's my story. I married Barbara and we had two gloriously beautiful children, a son named Amlan and a daughter named Elizabeth. We stayed in Christmas-Town, Colorado. Both our children, separated by 1 year only, attended the University of Colorado, where they became Buffalo fans. I watch video recordings of the Buffaloes playing the Fightin' Irish in the late 1980s. This is my post-CIA life with Barbara. Anything's possible...in Christmas-Town.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

The town looks "exactly" like Leavenworth, Washington, complete with the building facing the photographer at the end of the street.

Forum List

Back