"Christianity" is not a religion.

dont get carried away there manie....i simply do not want to engage in a brawl with the christians....you see how they get and all

It's what you claimed about Catholicism that was bullshit.

Backpedal fail. :thup:

What you know today as Catholicism came about via hundreds of years of debate and compromise by the hierarchy of the Catholic church and/or splinter groups such as the Eastern Orthodox and others. The Athanasian, Nicene and Apostolic creeds were created many hundreds of years after the death of Joshua, son of Joseph, and were written to address the many so-called heresies that had crept into existence in those hundreds of years. The "holy Catholic church" engaged in a pattern of systematic persecution and elimination of any doctrine which differed from their chosen views.

Athanasian Creed - New World Encyclopedia
Nicene Creed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The purpose of a creed is to act as a yardstick of correct belief. The creeds of Christianity have been drawn up at times of conflict about doctrine: acceptance or rejection of a creed served to distinguish believers and deniers of a particular doctrine or set of doctrines. For that reason a creed was called in Greek a σύμβολον, a word that meant half of a broken object which, when placed together with the other half, verified the bearer's identity. The Greek word passed through Latin "symbolum" into English "symbol", which only later took on the meaning of an outward sign of something.[5] The Nicene Creed was adopted in the face of the Arian controversy. Arius, a Libyan preacher, had declared that although Jesus Christ was divine, God had actually created him, and "there was when he was not,"[6] also worded by others of the era "there was once when he was not" and "he was made out of nothing."[7] This made Jesus less than the Father and contradicted the doctrine of the Trinity.[8] Arius's teaching provoked a serious crisis.

The Nicene Creed of 325 explicitly affirms the divinity of Jesus, applying to him the term "God". The 381 version speaks of the Holy Spirit as worshipped and glorified with the Father and the Son. The Athanasian Creed describes in much greater detail the relationship between Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Apostles' Creed makes no explicit statements about the divinity of the Son and the Holy Spirit, but, in the view of many who use it, the doctrine is implicit in it.

it's a matter of history. Apparently, many Catholics are unfamiliar with their own history.

What can you do?

Backpedal all you want catz, and post as much history as you think might help you save face.

But the fact remains that you said this:

Catholicism's beliefs are more about the popes and the teachings of the popes than they are about Christ.

And it is still complete and total bullshit.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

I've actually presented arguments on this thread. You've demonstrated your need for tampons, because clearly, it's your time of the month.

Tampon jokes? Already? :lol:

Well, at least it shows you realize how inadequate your alleged 'arguments' are. :thup:

Tell me, Manifold. Which doctrines of Christ are key tenets of your faith?

Can I answer this question? I'd really like to.... not for manifold... but for myself.

1. Non-judgmentalism. "judge not, lest ye be judged", "let those without sin cast the first stone", "Before telling a brother about the speck in his eye... take the log out of your own".

I believe this is one of the recurring themes in Christ's teachings... in fact, he led himself to slaughter for the sake of us. his final words? "father... forgive them, for they know not what they do".

2. Taking care of the poor. "that which you do for the least of these, I will do for you"... THE LEAST.... that means the Crackhead whores who have 11 kids just to get more money for more crack. We do what is right... what people do with that charity(voluntary or "forced... as I keep hearing)... is up to them... that puts them in God's judgment... not ours... we did our part.

3. Love. "what is God's greatest Commandment? Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.

These are my three tenants that I try my hardest to abide by. IMO, the rest is all sin oriented. Sins can be forgiven and are all the time... not one of us is without sin and are not worthy to judge another human being. Sure... I fall short of that.

The other day, I heard that Amy Winehouse had passed away. The first thing that popped into my mind was "she should have went and gone to rehab... but she said No, no no."

That was actually sinful behavior and I kind of felt guilty for thinking it. The truth of the matter is that in this world... we are all tortured souls, to varying degrees. It's much easier for us to say..... "yeah... I may have my faults... but at least I'm not like(fill in the blank). But the truth is... we are no better than that blank to be filled in.

That's what I believe in.

Is religion the same as faith?

Depends on the context and whether you are using faith as a noun or a verb.

True religion is taking care of the widows and the fatherless, and keeping yourself unspotted from the world.

Reluctantly, I must admit that manipoo is correct and Kitty is dead wrong.

What, exactly, am I incorrect about? The doctrines of the Catholic church owe more to Paulian writings and their own administrative hierarchy than they do to the teachings of Christ.

Sorry bout that,

Reluctantly, I must admit that manipoo is correct and Kitty is dead wrong.

What, exactly, am I incorrect about? The doctrines of the Catholic church owe more to Paulian writings and their own administrative hierarchy than they do to the teachings of Christ.

1. There is no mystery about Pauls words, he got them from Jesus, everyone who knows Jesus, knows that.
2. Paul was least of the apostles, and yet Jesus made him his mouth piece, anyways, some what more than the other apostles.
3. Peter could heal people just by walking by though, thats a rather strong testimony.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I don't care what a dictionary say's,it also says hell is a place where people are tormented. NO,Christianity is not a religion. If Christianity was a religion we would all be going to the same church. Religion is a creation of man ,not God. Did Abraham need a religion ? Did Joshua or job need a religion ? A Christian is anyone who accepts and puts faith in the son of God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back