Chris Rock targets race in Oscars opening monologue

Also to add....What about not hiring actresses who are old...? They snub them when they get wrinkled and saggy..
Is that supposed to be serious? Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you make money due to your looks don't be surprised when the offers dry up with age. That said, some do go on in roles, just not the same way as a sex interest.

"We had real things to protest back in the 1960's"....Well said!

Who cares if Jada boycotted this..He did a really good job addressing the issues..

I caught that one and that was actually funny and the part he would lose another job to Kevin Hart was not going to happen was also funny but his joke with Stacy Dash was too weird and fell flat as can be...

Also to add....What about not hiring actresses who are old...? They snub them when they get wrinkled and saggy..
Is that supposed to be serious? Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you make money due to your looks don't be surprised when the offers dry up with age. That said, some do go on in roles, just not the same way as a sex interest.

What you don't see these old fart actors using young actresses? The only parts the old ladies get is of a old wise soul looking back at her younger days..while Stallone / Schwarzenegger are still the studs...

Hollywood's love affair with old dudes romancing young women

“I’m 37 and I was told recently I was too old to play the lover of a man who was 55. It was astonishing to me. It made me feel bad, and then it made me feel angry, and then it made me laugh.”

What you don't see these old fart actors using young actresses? The only parts the old ladies get is of a old wise soul looking back at her younger days..while Stallone / Schwarzenegger are still the studs...

“I’m 37 and I was told recently I was too old to play the lover of a man who was 55. It was astonishing to me. It made me feel bad, and then it made me feel angry, and then it made me laugh.”
It works that way in real life too if you have the money. Hollywood is just living vicariously through its' characters. This has not been a secret. Bogart robbed the cradle with Bacall, she was what? 19?

It works that way in real life too if you have the money. Hollywood is just living vicariously through its' characters. This has not been a secret. Bogart robbed the cradle with Bacall, she was what? 19?

and they were together until he died.

but it's amusing reading the misogynist spew in this thread. not sure how we got from rightwingnut bigotry to rightwingnut misogyny though.

When ever we are watching a movie or TV show we've noticed that Hollywood is pretty racist.

My son has told me that when Hollywood needs a criminal or bad guy, it generally turns to a minority. Minorities are like the red shirts in Star Trek, they are the first to get killed in any action movie.

Black Dude Dies First
Black Dude Dies First - TV Tropes

but it's amusing reading the misogynist spew in this thread. not sure how we got from rightwingnut bigotry to rightwingnut misogyny though.
Huh? You never explain anything, all you do is insult. Foaming on your right wing baby hate bib doesn't make your case. I said nothing derogatory, I stated facts. You hate facts that don't fit your world view.

This is why the plastic surgery industry is $$$$$$ in Hollywood....What is it about those big lips? Goldie has always been so pretty. The once humble area of silicon valley that I live, is now silicon lip city...I find those lips to be ugly.

upload_2016-2-29_8-33-38.jpeg

Their relationship was beautiful., along with Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn..But if their ages were switched the woman is called a cougar....

He sho nuff loves that white money though.

and he wasn't speaking to offend white people.

he was as fair as you can be in a subject like this. I understand you hate what he said because he isn't a white supremacist.
I understand you like to speak for people because you are an asshole, yes he was offensive. He bought into the hype. There was no black actor this year that deserved the Oscar more, he was just race baiting.

Their relationship was beautiful., along with Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn..But if their ages were switched the woman is called a cougar....

It's always been that way, not just recently. Apparently the militant fems just figured it out.

Race division or comedy?? ..... :cool:

Certainly comedy, and some of his best, but if anything it was the opposite of divisive.

Meanwhile, I look forward to George Clooney showing up next year in a lime-green tux with a swan coming out of his ass.

Forum List

Back