CHOP Obstructors Should Be Arrested

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Over the weekend, Seattle Police responded to reports of shots fired at Cal Anderson Park, located in the area of CHOP, which demonstrators blocked off earlier this month, and have claimed it as their terrirtory. Well, it is NOT their territory, and they are still under the jurisdiction of Washington law, which is enforced by Seattle Police.

When officers arrived, they attempted to locate a shooting victim, but were met by a violent crowd that prevented officers’ safe access to the victims, according to Seattle Police, and confirmed by video.

All those people who clearly (on video) broke the law (obstructing justice - RCW 9A. 76.020), by interfering with police attending to the shooting killing of one person (a child) and the severe wounding of another person, should be arrested and jailed.

There is no obstacle to doing this, as far as identification of the perpetrators is concerned. They are on video + were seen up close by about 10 officers. If there are no arrests of these obstructors, it is possile that the only reason why, is because nutjob mayor Jenny Durkan has ordered them to stand down.

If that is the case, the Governor Jay Inslee should send in Washington state police to arrest those who obstructed. Inslee has said he supports providing police in the CHOP area. "Clearly we need to have a way to provide adequate police and fire protection everywhere in the state of WA including in that area.” he said. OK, so he said that, now it is his job TO DO IT.

If he doesn't, Trump should send in National Guard or US troops to round up the criminals, and take them to jail. RCW 9A. 76.020 is what Washington calls a "gross misdemeanor", which carries a one year jail sentence + a $5000 fine. To not arrest these perpetrators would be unfair to everyone who is in jail on a gross misdemeanor charge, as well as all those who are subject to it.

Also, it should be noted that the shooter(s) involved are still at large.

There were a number of posters here that claimed they toured the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone and found
it to be like Woodstock....free movies were shown, people could walk in and out of the the zone in perfect
safety, children played in the street filled with delightful chalk drawings, musicians were there...etc.

Well the second murder victim has been discovered there and police are still unable to enter due to mob
hostility. Time for Inslee and Durkan to admit they are covering the crimes of anarchist killers there.

In the absence of order chaos will rule.

You Lie! Chaz did not prevent EMS or Ambulance services. The Police prevented EMS & Ambulance from entering Chaz.
Isn't chaz/chop an independent nation? We can't just invade their borders with our ambulances and fire trucks. That shit costs money.

You Lie! Chaz did not prevent EMS or Ambulance services. The Police prevented EMS & Ambulance from entering Chaz.
LINK? This is what Seattle PD has to say about 911 responses in CHOP.

The City of Seattle has been on site working with many of the organizers every day – this includes Fire Chief Harold Scoggins – to help ensure the safety of individuals, residents, and businesses. Chief Best and SPD have been on site multiple times, and there is no “police free” zone in the City. City staff, including representatives from the Mayor’s Office, Fire Chief Scoggins, and department directors from Seattle Public Utilities (SPU), the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT), and the Office of Economic Development have been meeting daily with CHAZ/CHOP leaders to work with the organizers on sanitation, hygiene, and any other needs since June 9. Utilities including Puget Sound Energy and SPU have been able to respond to the area for service.

The Seattle Police Department will respond to significant life-safety issues within the CHAZ/CHOP (defined as the shaded area in the below map). The Seattle Police Department’s definition of life-safety issues may include an active shooter incident, an assault, a structure fire, significant medical emergency (i.e. heart attack, stroke, trauma) and other incidents that threaten a person’s life safety. The Seattle Fire Department will respond to fire and medical emergencies within the CHAZ once SPD officers secure the scene and say it is safe for fire crews to enter. For all other calls originating from this area, SPD dispatchers and officers will attempt to coordinate officer contact outside of these boundaries when safe and feasible.

The City of Seattle has been on site working with many of the organizers every day – this includes Fire Chief Harold Scoggins – to help ensure the safety of individuals, residents, and businesses. Chief Best and SPD have been on site multiple times, and there is no “police free” zone in the City. City staff, including representatives from the Mayor’s Office, Fire Chief Scoggins, and department directors from Seattle Public Utilities (SPU), the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT), and the Office of Economic Development have been meeting daily with CHAZ/CHOP leaders to work with the organizers on sanitation, hygiene, and any other needs since June 9. Utilities including Puget Sound Energy and SPU have been able to respond to the area for service.

The Seattle Police Department will respond to significant life-safety issues within the CHAZ/CHOP (defined as the shaded area in the below map). The Seattle Police Department’s definition of life-safety issues may include an active shooter incident, an assault, a structure fire, significant medical emergency (i.e. heart attack, stroke, trauma) and other incidents that threaten a person’s life safety. The Seattle Fire Department will respond to fire and medical emergencies within the CHAZ once SPD officers secure the scene and say it is safe for fire crews to enter. For all other calls originating from this area, SPD dispatchers and officers will attempt to coordinate officer contact outside of these boundaries when safe and feasible.

There were a number of posters here that claimed they toured the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone and found
it to be like Woodstock....free movies were shown, people could walk in and out of the the zone in perfect
safety, children played in the street filled with delightful chalk drawings, musicians were there...etc.

Well the second murder victim has been discovered there and police are still unable to enter due to mob
hostility. Time for Inslee and Durkan to admit they are covering the crimes of anarchist killers there.

LINK?
There was a second shooting on Sunday. 17 year old got winged, was treated at the hospital and released. No one died, fortunately.
It's supposedly being "investigated" but I don't know how the cops do that without going into the zone.

Thanks, Kissmy. The fire department, which includes EMS--like fire departments in every city--will not go into an area of unrest until it is secured/safe for the fire personnel. The CHOP folks would not allow the police in, so EMS/fire would not go in.
CHOP prevented them from going in because they refused to allow the police to enter. I'm positive that in that half hour, that was clearly explained to the CHOP people, and they still wouldn't let the police in.
So CHOP takes the blame on this one. Unless you want to blame the Fire Dept. for being wussies--but it was the same in NYC, Atlanta, probably everywhere. That's why so many places burned during the riots. Fire wouldn't go in/not safe.

I did not say that CHAZ prevented "EMS or Ambulance services" YOU said that. Your words, not mine. Can you read ?

And NO, the police did NOT prevent EMS & Ambulance from entering Chaz. Where are you getting these strange ideas ? Let me guess >> leftist fake news ?

In addition to the obstructors, Durkan and Inslee should be arrested for obstruction of justice, as well.

So have the obstructors been arrested ? If not, WHY NOT ? Looks like Ms Mayor and Mr Governor are not as compliant as you seem to suggest.

I don't understand why it is necessary for the police to obtain permission to enter municipal property.

If they are blocked, use any necessary means to clear the path.

When a shooting/murder occurs, the police are required to be there to cordon off the area of the crime, speak with witnesses and gather physical evidence. If a rescue unit is aware that the victim is such as the result of a crime, they are not going in without the police cordoning off the area to keep people out from contaminating the crime scene and provide some protection for them as well.
The idiots in CHOP have only themselves to blame, not the rescue units. Had they heard that it was just that a person had a fall or suffered a heart attack, they would have jumped right in.

Thanks, Kissmy. The fire department, which includes EMS--like fire departments in every city--will not go into an area of unrest until it is secured/safe for the fire personnel. The CHOP folks would not allow the police in, so EMS/fire would not go in.
CHOP prevented them from going in because they refused to allow the police to enter. I'm positive that in that half hour, that was clearly explained to the CHOP people, and they still wouldn't let the police in.
So CHOP takes the blame on this one. Unless you want to blame the Fire Dept. for being wussies--but it was the same in NYC, Atlanta, probably everywhere. That's why so many places burned during the riots. Fire wouldn't go in/not safe.
Firemen being shot at with no weapons of their own is a non starter. This is always the Prog way. The dirty work being done by others makes you look so good when you get them to do it. But they suffer for your glory.

I did not say that CHAZ prevented "EMS or Ambulance services" YOU said that. Your words, not mine. Can you read ?

And NO, the police did NOT prevent EMS & Ambulance from entering Chaz. Where are you getting these strange ideas ? Let me guess >> leftist fake news ?
Guess. Twitter, where half the people here seem to get their news.

Firemen being shot at with no weapons of their own is a non starter. This is always the Prog way. The dirty work being done by others makes you look so good when you get them to do it. But they suffer for your glory.
I didn't call fire/ems personnel wussies. I just figure some people probably will. I agree with you.

So have the obstructors been arrested ? If not, WHY NOT ? Looks like Ms Mayor and Mr Governor are not as compliant as you seem to suggest.
I'm not "suggesting" anything. I just like the news floating around here to be accurate. No one there has raised the issue of arresting all these people for obstruction. That is just the OP's opinion.

Forum List

Back