Cholesterol

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
So my HDL numbers are excellent and so is my triglycerides. I eat close to a Mediterranean diet because that's what I like: yogurt, nuts, fish, olive oil, feta cheese--really any cheese, more cheese, I love cheese really. Maybe because of that, my overall numbers and LDL is a little high. Dr and I talked about it, she said let's just watch it. I don't have high blood pressure or glucose problems, I am a little underweight and exercise, etc. She did not recommend statins which is good, because I am deeply skeptical of all this cholesterol stuff and don't want to take that garbage. I did order supplements.

Anyone have wisdom to share re: cholesterol? And does the medical profession even know what they're talking about? Because here, cheese-eaters are actually thinner than the average population?

So my HDL numbers are excellent and so is my triglycerides. I eat close to a Mediterranean diet because that's what I like: yogurt, nuts, fish, olive oil, feta cheese--really any cheese, more cheese, I love cheese really. Maybe because of that, my overall numbers and LDL is a little high. Dr and I talked about it, she said let's just watch it. I don't have high blood pressure or glucose problems, I am a little underweight and exercise, etc. She did not recommend statins which is good, because I am deeply skeptical of all this cholesterol stuff and don't want to take that garbage. I did order supplements.

Anyone have wisdom to share re: cholesterol? And does the medical profession even know what they're talking about? Because here, cheese-eaters are actually thinner than the average population?

I just want to say one thing. Be careful with those "new studies" that promote things that have previously been shown to be unhealthy. Nearly every time, those "studies" are industry-funded.

In this video, Dr Barnard cuts through the cholesterol confusion and somewhere in the video he talks about the problem of industry-funded "science."

I just want to say one thing. Be careful with those "new studies" that promote things that have previously been shown to be unhealthy. Nearly every time, those "studies" are industry-funded.

In this video, Dr Barnard cuts through the cholesterol confusion and somewhere in the video he talks about the problem of industry-funded "science."

Oh boy, cheese has 11 grams of saturated fat! Welp I guess I knew that but never thought I would pay the price...but now I am. Maybe if I just cut that out my cholesterol will go down. Gonna give it a try!

Natto and hawthorne berry. Both are good. a friend got off all heart and clotting meds once he started taking a 1/4 teaspoon of ground dried natto beans first thing in the morning at least a half an hour before eating. Rod and I both take the hawthorne after researching it about six years ago. Neither of us use pharma meds. Wish I'd known about both back in our forties.

My take is this regarding cholesterol.

Cholesterol, along with other stuff, is found in the substance that clogs the arteries. Because there is no other recognized culprit cholesterol was chosen as the villain, mainly because it can be manipulated with (very profitable) drugs, while the other constituents apparently cannot be.

Perhaps those substances should be examined more closely. Maybe more education about how the body works, the digestive system in particular, along with a change in diet and lifestyle would solve the coronary artery disease problem.

My take is this regarding cholesterol.

Cholesterol, along with other stuff, is found in the substance that clogs the arteries. Because there is no other recognized culprit cholesterol was chosen as the villain, mainly because it can be manipulated with (very profitable) drugs, while the other constituents apparently cannot be.

Perhaps those substances should be examined more closely. Maybe more education about how the body works, the digestive system in particular, along with a change in diet and lifestyle would solve the coronary artery disease problem.

This is my take as well.

My mother in law is a tiny woman, walks every day, who looks easily 15 years younger than she is. She found out she had "high cholesterol" years ago and lost a bunch of weight she didn't need to lose trying to bring it down. She was eating almost no fat at all, like a bird--nothing. They put her on statins. I don't know as it did anything. I don't think she was ever a heart disease risk.

I'm going to reduce my cheese intake (sad face) and take a natural supplement and call it good.

Anyone who has a bunch of weight to lose needs to lose it.
Like this guy?

1657895354156.png

Forum List

Back