Chinese tariffs: I just bought a Chinese shovel for $7.99

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
All this talk of stupid tariffs on
here I forgot I needed a spade shovel today, I just needed a cheap one so much for costing more, the American made one was $42.00 bucks...

IMG_20190601_223215.jpg

Personally, when it comes to a tool I'm going to be hanging off, I'll spend the money.

But what on earth is a spade shovel?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Critics say Trump’s tariffs will drive up prices for American consumers, but so far it’s not happening broadly. Still, signs of trade-war inflation are emerging in the world’s largest economy. The price of items on U.S. store shelves in seven tariff-hit categories increased 1.6% through April following the first round of tariffs in July. For China, its higher tariffs on U.S. imports don’t have a direct effect on the prices Chinese consumers pay because many of those are industrial inputs, not end-use products. The top seven tariffed imports from the U.S. are soybeans, gold, copper waste, paper waste, liquefied natural gas, cotton and liquefied propane. As Americans feel more of the sting of import taxes, score a point to China.

Personally, when it comes to a tool I'm going to be hanging off, I'll spend the money.

What is a Jeep, a tow motor?

All the same thing depending on what part of the country you live in... I call it a forklift.

And really what do you call this?

61PjvS5+XAL._SY741_.jpg

All the same thing depending on what part of the country you live in... I call it a forklift.

View attachment 263513

What shape is this rag head?

spade-48943_960_720.png

Lol even WALMART calls it a spade shovel

Fer fucks sake!!!!
Pay the 42 bucks and go on about your business.
It ain't like shovels wear out over night.

I was going to, untill I saw the $7.99 shovel, I even had to get it price checked because I thought it was to low of a price.

View attachment 263513

View attachment 263514

Can you say that? It’s offensive. I think Walmart may be in for a biiiig lawsuit, [emoji12].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fer fucks sake!!!!

I was going to, untill I saw the $7.99 shovel, I even had to get it price checked because I thought it was to low of a price.

Cheap tools don't last. I bought many pruning shears for cheap. Finally I sprung for a high priced pair (Corona lopping shears) and have used those for more than 5 years. Still sharp, nothing broken, hickory handles, etc. And NO I don't work for Corona.

Fer fucks sake!!!!

I have shovels from 1985 that still work just fine.
Couldnt tell you where they were made or what I paid for em but I'd be okay with assing up 40 bucks for em if they were American made.

View attachment 263513

View attachment 263514

That's not what it says on your receipt. On your receipt it says round point shovel.

Forum List

Back