Chinese Chip Production Devastated Overnight.

View attachment 711279

You’ve got something different goin on your end than I do…
We certainly dont want American techs assisting chinese competitors

The new restrictions could be more burdensome for chinese who want to keep one foot in each country

Just like other US workers they will have to choose one side or the other but not both

Specifically what "damage" did he cause?

We he had to transfer more than 33 billion dollars to our farmers due to the damage he did to them with his failed trade war attempt. And the US ended up with nothing to show for it.

Trump talked a good game, and you fell for it. But his actions never came close to matching his words.

We he had to transfer more than 33 billion dollars to our farmers due to the damage he did to them with his failed trade war attempt. And the US ended up with nothing to show for it.

Trump talked a good game, and you fell for it. But his actions never came close to matching his words.

Dude, you're all over the place here. So how bad are you willing to subsidize our US chip makers, and what's that going to cost?

"Building a semiconductor fabrication facility alone is estimated to cost between $15 billion (USD) to $20 billion (USD), with reports estimating that there are only eight semiconductor companies currently able to afford such a cost."

How much does it cost to make a semiconductor fab? - Compound Semiconductor News

You MAGA folks are just fucking hilarious. Trump talked a tough game against China but really did not do much at all, Biden does something you would have worshiped Trump even more for doing and now he is doing it because China told him to.
Most of us MAGAs are with biden on this

You being a knee jerk anti trumpster will only see the few dissenters who are slow to get on board

Dude, you're all over the place here. So how bad are you willing to subsidize our US chip makers, and what's that going to cost?

"Building a semiconductor fabrication facility alone is estimated to cost between $15 billion (USD) to $20 billion (USD), with reports estimating that there are only eight semiconductor companies currently able to afford such a cost."

How much does it cost to make a semiconductor fab? - Compound Semiconductor News

I am not all over the place at all, you are the one that claimed what Trump "would have done" when the facts are he did just the opposite.

The Fed Govt should not subsidize them at all. If state and local Govts wish to do so that would be the place for it to happen.

It doesn't exist. A person's citizenship can not be taken away, and even with some sort of perceived, convoluted exception.... certainly not without due process...in court.

It was my understanding that only THE CITIZEN THEMSELVES, can revoke their own citizenship....and even THAT is hard for a citizen to do!!

Rubbish. Laws are now made by judicial fiat, the Constitution plays very little part in it. The SC can simply point out that the Amendments passed immediately after the Civil War and during 'Reconstruction' were themselves passed illegally, for one, and roll back anything the Chase Court ruled on for that matter.

Some people forget hat the chip technology we are fighting over was born n America

Thanks to foolish decisions by the US government and private US companies we lost our edge

But semiconductors are the right kind of industry that the US should be focusing on

I am not all over the place at all, you are the one that claimed what Trump "would have done" when the facts are he did just the opposite.

The Fed Govt should not subsidize them at all. If state and local Govts wish to do so that would be the place for it to happen.

The federal government is already subsiding the semiconductor industry. You don't remember Biden signing the $280 billion tech and science bill back in August? That's a hell of alot more than the $33 billion that went to the farmers.

"Intel had previously delayed the plant’s July groundbreaking ceremony because its plans largely relied “on funding from the CHIPS Act,” which Congress had yet to pass. But after a summer of negotiations, Biden signed the $280 billion tech and science bill last month, calling it “a once in a generation investment in America itself.”

President Joe Biden speaks after groundbreaking for Intel’s $20 billion semiconductor plant

Some people forget hat the chip technology we are fighting over was born n America

Thanks to foolish decisions by the US government and private US companies we lost our edge

But semiconductors are the right kind of industry that the US should be focusing on

The Chinese stole most of their semiconductor manufacturing technology from us. We should be focusing more on keeping them from doing that.

The private sector has enough money to afford US chip factories

The question is do they trust US trade policy in washington to remain steady?

The Chinese stole most of their semiconductor manufacturing technology from us. We should be focusing more on keeping them from doing that.
We are

Thats what the chip ban is all about

China needs more western assistance than the CCP cares to admit

We are

Thats what the chip ban is all about

China needs more western assistance than the CCP cares to admit

Made is America is all well and good, but you don't cut foreign sources without first having reliable domestic sources. That's a dangerous game Biden is playing. We are nowhere near being independent of those Chinese bastards.

The federal government is already subsiding the semiconductor industry. You don't remember Biden signing the $280 billion tech and science bill back in August? That's a hell of alot more than the $33 billion that went to the farmers.

"Intel had previously delayed the plant’s July groundbreaking ceremony because its plans largely relied “on funding from the CHIPS Act,” which Congress had yet to pass. But after a summer of negotiations, Biden signed the $280 billion tech and science bill last month, calling it “a once in a generation investment in America itself.”

President Joe Biden speaks after groundbreaking for Intel’s $20 billion semiconductor plant

Yes, the federal government is already subsiding lots of things, does not mean they should.

But there are many far less worthy efforts than to get chip production and more back to the US instead of worrying about washing machines and TVs.

Making Semiconductor chips is extremely investment heavy as above posts and articles point out.

A chip fab is horribly expensive and time consuming to build...as well as there is only one or two companies currently building the equipment necessary to produce chips. (US based)
Chips are inexpensive and the fabs only pay for themselves by the time they are obsolete.
As a result there is a consortium of Chipmakers that decide who builds a new fab plant and when. Because if the market is flooded with chips and the small profits are not realized because of cheap PRC chips then everyone goes bankrupt and PRC will control the chip fab market. It's not like they haven't done this before and show no reluctance in doing so again. The only reason chips exist today is that there was a huge technology increase that we(and others) deliberately refused to share with PRC...and deliberately kept them from obtaining the technological know-how of producing the fabs.
They want chip making capabilities and AI tech...and not for good purposes. Nobody wants them to have these things. Can't say it's a bad idea either.

China is subsidizing US colleges. True story.

No idea how this is going to effect everything, but I do know this:

"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up" - B. Obama
you mean Affect, not Effect

But anyway, I don't even know if I u/stand this story (which means I don't.). Obviously, I don't u/stand it like I understand English grammar, though I wish I did.

I am just now learning about American workers in China. Why would any American with a brain want to be in China, much less working there? Maybe someone here can answer that Q. We don't even have much freedom left here in the USA, so again, why would any American go to anti-freedom China..?

Forum List

Back