China seeks military base in south America

There is a zero chance we could beat a country with 1.5 billion people.
You mean overrun china and plant our flag in peking?

Thats not the goal

Blocking chinese expansion and keeping the sea lanes open us our objective

You mean overrun china and plant our flag in peking?

Thats not the goal

Blocking chinese expansion and keeping the sea lanes open us our objective

If they get one bomb to land on our soil, we lose.

So in your opinion, we can have bases all over the world but every other country cant unless we say so. Is that what you think, traitor?
Thucydides Trap - Wikipedia

No, most of us don't think we have a right to tell the CCP what they can do, unless THEIR PLANS are to create bases to threaten the U.S. That isn't exactly a tit for tat situation unless you believe our bases are in place to attack sovereign nations on a whim.
FWIW, I don't give a damn if Guinea decides to take the CCP's blood money. They just need to understand that once they choose a side, THEY also become a target if their territory is used to facilitate aggression from the CCP. Fair enough?

China does not value human life as much as we do in America

So if we only wipe out a billion people that still leaves them with 400 million and America unable to stop them

But that is not their first choice I’m sure

And if they tell you different they are bluffing

China does not value human life as much as we do in America

So if we only wipe out a billion people that still leaves them with 400 million and America unable to stop them

But that is not their first choice I’m sure

And if they tell you different they are bluffing

Exactly. We can't win.

That all depends on how you define victory. We need to make it crystal clear that if the CCP steps too far over a line we have set down, they will suffer the annihilation of their nation as it exists today. All of their plans, schemes, and investments will go up in smoke - LITERALLY - if they attack us and manage to cause mass casualties.
Think Russia, post-USSR, as an example. They're a third rate nation with a miniscule GDP and no economy outside of petroleum and natural gas but they have a chair at the adult table because they are lousy with nuclear weapons and have sold the belief that they'd use them if the "need" arose. The U.S. would still have a chair at the table if our national economy collapsed, IF our enemies BELIEVED we would use nukes.

As it is, we are in a more dangerous time today than we've been since the height of the Cold War. It isn't because Russia or the CCP are more advanced. It's because we are at each other's throats, very publicly, and have a senile old man sitting in the Oval Office. Fortunately, I think enough doubt exists in Moscow and Beijing about WHO is actually running the country that they'd be somewhat hesitant to strike us too hard. Miscalculation has started many wars and it well could between now and 2024.

You mean like what the whole Cold War was predicated on for decades?
Of COURSE we'd "lose" in a nuclear attack. The point has always been that EVERYONE would lose and therefore such weapons can never sanely be employed. I worry less about Xi or Putin than I do about the raghead nutters in Tehran, frankly.

Is it just the fact that trump was the first to point out the threat from china?

Do libs hate the orange man so much that they refuse to accept his warnings?

You mean like what the whole Cold War was predicated on for decades?
Of COURSE we'd "lose" in a nuclear attack. The point has always been that EVERYONE would lose and therefore such weapons can never sanely be employed. I worry less about Xi or Putin than I do about the raghead nutters in Tehran, frankly.

That doesn't make sense. We could make short work of Iran if it ever came to that. It would be a mess but we are no match to a country the size of China with 1.5 billion people. If we lost 100 million people it would be devastating, if China did they wouldn't even blink.

Well if we do go to War with them could we please blow Wuhan off the face of the earth first.

Thanks.

You do realize that our Military far outpaces China not to mention the over two decades of recent combat experience the US has. When was the last time China had any major combat operations ?

NATO ground forces attacking by land and the US's 11 carrier strike groups parked off the coast bombing the shit out of them and that 1.5 billion means jack.

You do realize that our Military far outpaces China not to mention the over two decades of recent combat experience the US has. When was the last time China had any major combat operations ?

Like when we spun our wheels in Afghanistan and Iraq?

NATO ground forces attacking by land and the US's 11 carrier strike groups parked off the coast bombing the shit out of them and that 1.5 billion means jack.

We lose 10,000 and they lose 100,000 they win. We care far too much for our things.

Like when we spun our wheels in Afghanistan and Iraq?

We lose 10,000 and they lose 100,000 they win. We care far too much for our things.
The US is proposing a NATO like alliance between itself and India they have border issues with China. India's population is over a billion. With US weaponry and India's number China has no chance.

The US is proposing a NATO like alliance between itself and India they have border issues with China. India's population is over a billion. With US weaponry and India's number China has no chance.

India would love to help bring us down.

Population size is meaningless with today's technology. It it not like we would need to invade the country

Forum List

Back