China Keeping Boeing Going?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
_74362277_468505253.jpg

According to BBC, Chinese air carriers have ordered 50 Boeing 737s worth $4.6 billion! With all the advances and so-called futuristic models on the market, the old trusty 100-200 seat single-aisle aircraft market is supposed to generate $20 trillion. Sometime the old dependable stuff works best.

Read the article @ BBC News - Boeing gets $4.6bn order from China's Shandong Airlines

An aside, Southwest located here in Vegas only flies 737s and the Airbus A320 – apparently quite interchangeable. I couldn't tell the difference. :eusa_whistle:

_74362277_468505253.jpg

According to BBC, Chinese air carriers have ordered 50 Boeing 737s worth $4.6 billion! With all the advances and so-called futuristic models on the market, the old trusty 100-200 seat single-aisle aircraft market is supposed to generate $20 trillion. Sometime the old dependable stuff works best.

Read the article @ BBC News - Boeing gets $4.6bn order from China's Shandong Airlines

An aside, Southwest located here in Vegas only flies 737s and the Airbus A320 – apparently quite interchangeable. I couldn't tell the difference. :eusa_whistle:
The Chinese order was just a mid sized order for Boeing, which also announced orders from ANA of Japan for over $10B. Boeing is truly international, with no single country controlling it's future.
ANA Orders Jets Worth $17B From Airbus, Boeing
ANA Orders Jets Worth $17B From Airbus, Boeing : NPR

With all the advances and so-called futuristic models on the market, the old trusty 100-200 seat single-aisle aircraft market is supposed to generate $20 trillion. Sometime the old dependable stuff works best.
These aren't the same old 737s they are newer generations NG and MAX, that means different wings, different engines, different controls, different interior.

When did SW buy A320s? I fly them all the time, have never been in anything but a 737.

With all the advances and so-called futuristic models on the market, the old trusty 100-200 seat single-aisle aircraft market is supposed to generate $20 trillion. Sometime the old dependable stuff works best.
These aren't the same old 737s they are newer generations NG and MAX, that means different wings, different engines, different controls, different interior.

When did SW buy A320s? I fly them all the time, have never been in anything but a 737.

Oops! Thinking of US Air.

Forum List

Back