China highly likely to invade Taiwan soon

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
I said some time ago that the lockdowns in China had nothing to do with COVID and everything to do with building their oil reserves. When people said the lock downs would cause the oil prices to go down - I doubled my leveraged (highly margined) oil positions and made a shjt ton of money, because I'm correct.

To properly cite this current event discussion I'd need to throw a dozen articles in here. Suffice to say that now China is adding as much as 2million barrels a day to their SPR.

The dual training of China's assault ships were also a big tell.

It's one thing to have their carrier fleet (the largest yet to sail) east of Taiwan in the open Pacific. But the assault ships were what I was looking for.

China is also stockpiling CSS/B grade naval hull steel.

I think this article overlooks the fact that no such "frigate" has broken ground. The naval yard is simply stockpiling the steel. A lot of it. Enough to build several destroyers or half a dozen bigger frigates than anything in the Chinese fleet today.

So - I question whether China would wait until after the completion of their 3rd Aircraft Carrier or their next Assault Ship or not. The reason is because obviously they'd still need outfitting and sea trials, but the hulls are due to be launched in a few months.

China's inventories of just about EVERYTHING are at all time highs. I think the markets get China's intentions wrong. They don't care about zero covid, their economy isn't "slowing". They are stockpiling for something - and all things point toward Taiwan.

Forum List

Back