China deploys a new weapon against India: Racism

I've seen studies that rank China as the most racist country on the planet. One researcher that I saw interviewed made the comment that in China it's not about Chinese and Blacks or Whites but even Koreans.

There are racists in every country.

I've seen studies that rank China as the most racist country on the planet. One researcher that I saw interviewed made the comment that in China it's not about Chinese and Blacks or Whites but even Koreans.

True, although the I find some of the research interesting. The research I heard discussed was from a sociology prof at NYU who happens to be black and a devout liberal. During the interview he noted that one of the heavier weighted data points was polling on the subject of interracial marriage. In the US in 1960 4% of americans supported interracial marriage. In 2010 it was 87%. In 2010 the UK was in the mid 60s, Germany mid 50s, Japan 12%, China 6%.That's when he made the point that in China it wasn't Chinese-black or white but even Korean. I'm not terribly married to sociology results but it certainly is interesting. Interestingly he rated the US as the 3rd least racist country on the planet.

True, although the I find some of the research interesting. The research I heard discussed was from a sociology prof at NYU who happens to be black and a devout liberal. During the interview he noted that one of the heavier weighted data points was polling on the subject of interracial marriage. In the US in 1960 4% of americans supported interracial marriage. In 2010 it was 87%. In 2010 the UK was in the mid 60s, Germany mid 50s, Japan 12%, China 6%.That's when he made the point that in China it wasn't Chinese-black or white but even Korean. I'm not terribly married to sociology results but it certainly is interesting. Interestingly he rated the US as the 3rd least racist country on the planet.

Racism is definitely there in China towards darker complexioned humans. However, the racism in China is a bit complicated. I have been gathering samples of Chinese racism that is available over the internet by visiting various social media. There is one recurring theme in all of those instances. There is a strong belief among Chinese of lighter hue that they are superior to humans of darker hue. This creates an interesting situation where Northern Chinese, the ones that are of lighter complexion, engage in bizarre adulation of White people because Whites are lighter than even the Northern Chinese. This is the same inferiority complex that transforms itself into a superiority complex when Northern Chinese are dealing with people who happen to have darker hue, this includes people from Southern China.

The interesting meme here (Chinese culture) is that superiority complex and inferiority complex both have common root and that is skin color.

Last edited:

Racism is definitely there in China towards darker complexioned humans. However, the racism in China is a bit complicated. I have been gathering samples of Chinese racism that is available over the internet by visiting various social media. There is one recurring theme in all of those instances. There is a strong belief among Chinese of lighter hue that they are superior to humans of darker hue. This creates an interesting situation where Northern Chinese, the ones that are of lighter complexion, engage in bizarre adulation of White people because Whites are lighter than even the Northern Chinese. This is the same inferiority complex that transforms itself into a superiority complex when Northern Chinese are dealing with people who happen to have darker hue, this includes people from Southern China.

The interesting meme here (Chinese culture) is that superiority complex and inferiority complex both have common root and that is skin color.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...cism-that-reinforces-skin-lightening-products

"India, for example, has one of the fastest growing markets for skin-whitening soaps and cream. "

India's unfair obsession with lighter skin

"India's obsession with fair skin is well documented: in 1978, Unilever launched Fair & Lovely cream, which has subsequently spawned numerous whitening face cleansers, shower gels and even vaginal washes that claim to lighten the surrounding skin. In 2010, India's whitening-cream market was worth $432m, according to a report by market researchers ACNielsen, and was growing at 18% per year. Last year, Indians reportedly consumed 233 tonnes of skin-whitening products, spending more money on them than on Coca-Cola."

Let’s talk about racism | North Indians are ‘gora-chitta’, dark skin is for the South

“Aap toh south Indian dikhti hai par aapki behen Indian dikhti hai.” (You look like a south Indian but your sister looks Indian.)"

I have never suggested that India is a perfect country. This thread was started in response to a racist video made by Chinese government about people of India. Show me even one racist video made by Indian government targeting Chinese people. If you can then I will tolerate your bigotry against Indians. Till then, you are nothing but a b**** paid for by CCP.

BTW, the links that you peddled were nothing but a collection of anecdotes. However, the basis for this thread was racist propaganda emanating from Chinese government; I am not talking about racist anecdotes from Chinese people, I am talking about planned racism coming from Chinese government directed towards people of India.

There is a difference between anecdotes that you are spinning and Chinese government's racist propaganda that the OP talks about which I do not expect a India hating bigot like you to even attempt to understand.

I have never suggested that India is a perfect country. This thread was started in response to a racist video made by Chinese government about people of India. Show me even one racist video made by Indian government targeting Chinese people. If you can then I will tolerate your bigotry against Indians. Till then, you are nothing but a b**** paid for by CCP.

BTW, the links that you peddled were nothing but a collection of anecdotes. However, the basis for this thread was racist propaganda emanating from Chinese government; I am not talking about racist anecdotes from Chinese people, I am talking about planned racism coming from Chinese government directed towards people of India.

There is a difference between anecdotes that you are spinning and Chinese government's racist propaganda that the OP talks about which I do not expect a India hating bigot like you to even attempt to understand.

"Tarun Vijay, a former BJP MP and ex-editor of the RSS publication Panchjanya, recently tried to defend India against charges of racism. “If we were racist,” he said, “why would have all the entire south [India] which is complete… you know Tamil, you know Kerala, you know Karnataka and Andhra… why do we live with them? "

"Tarun Vijay, a former BJP MP and ex-editor of the RSS publication Panchjanya, recently tried to defend India against charges of racism. “If we were racist,” he said, “why would have all the entire south [India] which is complete… you know Tamil, you know Kerala, you know Karnataka and Andhra… why do we live with them? "

I bet you struggled hard on the internet to find something that was racist and published by Indian government. You could not find anything. That is because there is nothing.

Defending against false charges of racism is not the same as propagating racism. One day when you grow up, you will learn that.

"Just minutes before his birthday, Masonda Ketanda Olivier was beaten to death. The Congolese national was confronted by a mob of men late at night last Friday in New Delhi and killed. Police said the incident was a dispute over the hiring of an autorickshaw; Olivier's friend, an Ivorian national, said it was a clear hate crime, with racial epithets repeatedly invoked.

This week, irate African diplomats in the Indian capital pointed to Olivier's murder as evidence of wider discrimination and bigotry against black people who visit and live in India. Olivier, who reports indicate was about to turn 24, was teaching French.

"The Indian government is strongly enjoined to take urgent steps to guarantee the safety of Africans in India including appropriate programmes of public awareness that will address the problem of racism and Afro-phobia in India," Alem Tsehage, the Eritrean ambassador and the diplomat representing other African envoys in New Delhi, said in a statement. They also warned against new batches of African students enrolling in Indian universities."

China and India have a huge problem with racism toward black people

"China and India have a huge problem with racism toward black people"

The difference is that in China, racism is supported by the Chinese government. In India racism towards blacks is much milder compared to that of China. In addition, India has large number of people with black skin, especially in the south. So black skin is not strange to Indians. I bet you did not read your own article that you posted; it talks about that.

"Yet many Africans who have come in the tens of thousands to China and India as students and businessmen, petty merchants and backpackers, complain of persistent racism.

In February, a Tanzanian woman was stripped and beaten by a mob in Bangalore after a Sudanese man, in an entirely separate incident, was believed to have hit a local with his car.

Last year, an Indian publication put together a moving, sad video, below, of testimony from African students and professionals about their experience of daily discrimination. It also includes 2014 footage of a mob in a Delhi metro station attacking three black men with sticks, while chanting nationalist slogans."

"Yet many Africans who have come in the tens of thousands to China and India as students and businessmen, petty merchants and backpackers, complain of persistent racism.

In February, a Tanzanian woman was stripped and beaten by a mob in Bangalore after a Sudanese man, in an entirely separate incident, was believed to have hit a local with his car.

Last year, an Indian publication put together a moving, sad video, below, of testimony from African students and professionals about their experience of daily discrimination. It also includes 2014 footage of a mob in a Delhi metro station attacking three black men with sticks, while chanting nationalist slogans."

Once again, unlike China, in India, the racism is not supported by the state and police cracks down on those who practice it.

Nothing India has done on the count of racism that even comes close to what Chinese have done to Tibetans.

Chinese killed 1.2 million innocent Tibetans. That was Hitler grade racism by Chinese.

---

Genocide of Tibetans by China

Dharamshala — Anyone who regularly observes the topsy-turvy world of Chinese politics and policies in Tibet understands that the past, even the remote past, can exert a grief impact on the present and future. Recent major historical anniversaries — like that of the 1949 Occupation or the 1966 Cultural Revolution and its massacres or the 1959 Tibetan National Uprising Day — can send either perennial chills or doctrinal fevers through China's political culture and media. In Tibet and China, the past is always present, even if, as in the case of occupation and massacres, it cannot be talked about, even in China itself. Mao Tse Tung is responsible for around 47 million deaths, including 1.2 million Tibetans.

Genocide in the 20th Century: Massacres in Tibet: 1966-76

Last edited:
Africa: “We are not China’s colony” says Botswana

Botswana president wants you to know that he is not intimidated by China. Ian Khama, president of the diamond-rich nation of less than two million people, stood up to the global power over the Dalai Lama’s planned visit to his county this week.

“We are not your colony,” was the money quote of Khama’s account of his diplomatic standoff with China in recent weeks.

The Dalai Lama was set to visit the capital Gaborone for Aug. 17 to 19, as part of what Botswana officials dubbed a “purely private” visit organized by the NGO Mind and Life Institute and the Botho University. Still, Khama was set to meet with the spiritual leader, riling the Chinese.

“We are not China’s colony” says Botswana over a controversial Dalai Lama visit

China wants African resources but not Africans.

---

China: Embracing Africa, But Not Africans

All one has to do is scour the internet under the keywords, “Chinese prejudice against Africans in China” to discover a litany of blogs and articles on the experiences on young African migrants, students and travelers, many of whom are proficient in Mandarin, as they recount their experiences in China. In A Minority in the Middle Kingdom: My Experience Being Black in China former African-American expat, Marketus Presswood witnessed the racially charged atmosphere in his Chinese school and classroom, finding it increasingly difficult to hold on to his teaching jobs as an influx of white Westerners flooded the Chinese education market in the early 2000s. Presswood remembered overhearing one of his students remarking, “I don’t want to look at his black face all night.”

As a former African-American expat living in China over a period of three years, I can remember horrible stories of racism experienced by other expats of African descent. One of the worst involved a brilliant young medical student from Guinea Bissau who studied Mandarin and medicine in the coastal city of Nanjing. This young medical student was fluent in Chinese and when she reported to a local Chinese hospital to do her residency and training, many of the Chinese patients would not allow her to touch them or treat them because she was African.

These stories and many others highlight the barriers and racial stereotypes that many mainland Chinese people harbor against people of African descent. Much of the problem has to do with Chinese people’s ignorance of Africa, African cultures, and African history, with most Chinese people judging Africans based on the period of European enslavement and the continent’s subsequent history. Another part of the problem is China’s centuries old “white skin” beauty standards, which act as a psychological and generational barrier that views darker skinned individuals as less civilized and unworthy of being called beautiful. In China, one of the most common racial stereotypes about people of African descent is that they all like to eat chicken and watermelon. This particular stereotype hails from the American south during the post- enslavement period, and has nothing to do with other Africans in the African diaspora, highlighting the Chinese lack of understanding of Africa.

China: Embracing Africa, But Not Africans

Last edited:

To me this is utterly bizarre. I'm of slavic and irish descent and fair skinned to the extreme. I kinda hate it. Not that I give a crap about skin color but I'm an outdoor freak and have had to learn to be a sun screen master. And as the old adage says opposites attract, nothing kills me more than a girl with big brown eyes and cocoa brown skin, when done typing here I'm going do my best to take advantage of one that's sitting across the room from me right now(don't tell her).

The weirdest thing is growing up in Cleveland, Ohio I remember times when skin color was a major issue. While the media tries to tell me that it is a major issue right now, I spend my days around folks of every variation you can think of. I thought we were done with this crap, the idea that it's everywhere is a bit disconcerting. Hell my town celebrated a 180th founding a couple of weeks ago with fireworks, the children running around looked like the results of a UN orgy. White kids, black kids, brown kids, asian kids and a boat load of who the hell knows or cares. The idea that the rest of the world deals with this nonsense is crazy.

Forum List

Back