China censors 'Tiananmen' image of young female athletes hugging

Two young Chinese athletes made China proud after their showing in the 100 meter hurdles race in the Asian Games. One of them, shown below, won Gold. Yet all the most iconic images of them hugging each other after the race … were “blacked out” in Chinese media and on the internet. Why?

No, it wasn’t because their emotional hug might suggest anything improper — though these days reports or images suggesting Lesbian or Gay relationship are often censored, given that the Chinese CCP is encouraging more women to marry and have children. Non-traditional sexual relationships, especially among women, are often looked upon as “unpatriotic” and suspiciously …“Western.”

No, the real reason for the image being censored was simply the coincidence that the “lane numbers” pinned to their running shorts unfortunately together appeared as “6/4” — the date used to refer to the pro-democracy Tiannamen Square demonstrations in 1989 that were ended by the CCP with violence on June 4th. All public internet discussion of “6/4” is verboten in China, and the once massive candlelight rallies in Hong Kong to commemorate the event have also now been forbidden.

Just a little example of the craziness of controlled media and public life in totalitarian China under XiJinping.

View attachment 838132

That's the media the Third Obama (Biden) Administration seeks to impose on the USA

I don’t doubt it. I was writing for the crowd here at USMB, and used CCP at first simply because I didn’t want to write it all out and figured few here would even know what “CPC” meant.

So were you not aware of the latest steps by NY Gov Hochul to monitor Internet posts for "disinformation"?

@CrusaderFrank’s last two comments are indeed completely off-topic ranting and should be removed. Thanks for noticing and pointing that out konradv .

I would add that anybody who compares American democracy and the individual rights enjoyed in the U.S. to the situation existing in a one party / one man dictatorship like China … is either a traitor to our country and liberty itself, a dumb propagandist for Chinese communism, or a lunatic whose ultra-partisan hatred has left him in a near catatonic state.

Of course assholes like CrusaderFrank still feel free to accuse people like myself of being “CCP shills” if we analyse objectively and without demagogery other aspects of Chinese reality or China-U.S. relations … aspects that he is totally ignorant of.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back