China censored vice presidential debate when Pence was asked about communist nation: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I hope America votes accordingly...

China censored vice presidential debate when Pence was asked about communist nation: report

China’s censors blocked live coverage of the vice presidential debate Wednesday night when Mike Pence was asked a question about the communist nation, according to Canada’s Globe and Mail.

“The interruption, which cut the debate signal to display colour bars for nearly three minutes, affected only a small number of people in China with access to channels like CNN, which is available in some hotels and residential compounds but not in most homes,” Globe and Mail Asia correspondent Nathan VanderKlippe wrote.

“The censorship offered a vivid example of Beijing’s willingness to excise information it cannot control, even when it involves potentially important insights into relations with the country’s largest trading partner,” VanderKlippe continued. “Censors in China have always paid acute attention to domestic events, allowing a robust exchange of opinions on many social and cultural topics, but moving quickly to block criticism of the country’s leaders, discussion of historical events like the Tiananmen Square massacre or any conversation that could involve organizing resistance to the government.”

VanderKlippe tweeted images of the alleged censorship, which involved a screen featuring color bars and the all-caps message, “NO SIGNAL PLEASE STAND BY.”

CNN International did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

China is a dictatorship -- as Hong Kong is learning.

There is no freedom of the press.

Thousands of censors scan the Internet continuously looking for such subversive words as "democracy," which are immediately deleted.

I hope that President Biden will protect Taiwan if the tyrants in Beijing try to conquer it.

Nobodies like me CAN do something: Do not visit China!

But I confess: I DO buy products from China. I am not proud of myself.

China is a dictatorship -- as Hong Kong is learning.

There is no freedom of the press.

Thousands of censors scan the Internet continuously looking for such subversive words as "democracy," which are immediately deleted.

I hope that President Biden will protect Taiwan if the tyrants in Beijing try to conquer it.

Nobodies like me CAN do something: Do not visit China!

But I confess: I DO buy products from China. I am not proud of myself.

Why would he?

As with Bill Clinton, China has paid millions to his son so that "President Biden" would look the other way.

Forum List

Back