Chicago sends Smollett a bill for $130k

Sorry loser. Those charges were NOT bullshit. Keep ignoring the check and the videos and the other evidence to protect your beloved gay. No rapist or murderer wold be released for him. Stupid statement. By the way, he's beng written out of Empire. Try to keep up. There will be an investigation, Smollet will get what's coming to hm and you'll cry that it's because he's gay not because he's a lowlife criminal. Continue your ignorance.

Guy, we are cutting murderers loose now because we don't have enough room in the prisons. We just cut some Satanic Murderer loose because he served half a 70 year sentence.
Stuff like this happens because minorities playing games has been legalized. Its all in fun. It has been going on for many decades. Hey, hey, hey..... going to have a good time...Hey, hey, hey! We see it everyday in motels, stores, restaurunts, malls, movie theatres, bars and other places. People have been destroyed for trying to do the right thing and stopping this but instead called haters as the corporate brass fires them for others actions.

That is absolutely not true today regardless of race. How does it feel never being right about anything?

Are you some kind of retard? Never mind, you've already demonstrated you are.

Stuff like this happens because minorities playing games has been legalized. Its all in fun. It has been going on for many decades. Hey, hey, hey..... going to have a good time...Hey, hey, hey! We see it everyday in motels, stores, restaurunts, malls, movie theatres, bars and other places. People have been destroyed for trying to do the right thing and stopping this but instead called haters as the corporate brass fires them for others actions.

Stuff like this happens because despite being the richest country in the world, we have grinding poverty and easy access to guns.

Well I dunno; I still have a sneaking suspicion that the two Nigerians dunnit; the $3500 could well have been for ...well...full anal, drugs etc etc. Whatever it is I don't KNOW that Smollett organised his own thrashing. He seems too much of a wimp to voluntarily get beaten.

So put me in the "UNSURE" Category. After all; I doubt the Nigerian Princes have $130000 to cough up.

Greg

That isn't a major investigation involving countless hours of work.

And that isn't the same as creating a national hate-fest against Trump supporters by lying.

Of course you are OK with this, because it furthers your own terrible politics.

I'm okay with it because frankly, it's just not a big deal. The ONLY reason why the Corrupt Police Dipsticks (CPD) spent so much time on this was because a TV star was involved. They only manage to clear about 15% of Murders.

C'mon from one idiotic thought to another. What kind of foolish argument is that? How many were guilty? Our laws in the US give the edge to BOTH the innocent as well as the guilty as in "innocent until proven guilty."

Awww.... isn't that nice.

Here's how it works. If you are rich and white. you are innocent until proven guilty.

If you are poor and black, some thug cop beats a confession out of you and a drunk off his ass Public Defender let's you get railroaded into death row.

In IL, the REPUBLICAN governor realized the system was so flawed he commuted 167 death sentences.

And of course you blame the police, and not the citizens who don't cooperate with the investigations.

And of course you blame the police, and not the citizens who don't cooperate with the investigations.

Yes, I entirely blame the police for 50 years of racist practices where the community doesn't trust them. again, I grew up here. Even white people know our cops are corrupt as shit.

And yet you want them to be the only ones armed....

LOL what a fucking unprincipled moron you are.

Yes, as corrupt as they are, I trust them more than I trust a bunch of inbred rednecks compensating for tiny dicks.

So, really... here's a crazy idea.

1) Get guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. (Which is pretty much anyone who isn't a military, police or security professional)

2) Reform our police departments to get rid of the crooks, the racists and the incompetent clowns.

You see, I actually do think 99% of cops are pretty decent guys. Even Chicago Cops.

And then you have that one percent who are like Burge, Van Dyke, and Watts.

Part of the problem is that we had a civilian complaint board in Chicago that cleared 98% of complaints of wrongdoing. In the case of van Dyke (I really hate to keep going back to him, because he's kind of the poster boy for everything wrong with the CPD) there were 20 complaints against him for using racial slurs, abusing suspects and one case where he dislocated a suspect's arm and the city had to pay out $375,000.

So when he shoots LaQuan McDonald, what does the city do? Did they fire him? Not immediately. They put him on desk duty, hid the video tape, put out a bullshit statement about how the shooting was justified and paid of the kid's family with a secret agreement for $5,000,000. This was done so this wouldn't be an issue in the 2015 mayoral election. (Hey, Rahm, before you get money back from Smollet, how about getting THAT money back.)

Then the press FINALLY got a hold of the tape of the shooting, which is pretty fucking brutal. They FINALLY fire him and indict him, and the FOP, the same people who are SCREAMING about Fox letting Smollett go for a prank, spends millions defending him.

So, no, the thing is, having guns in the hands of civilians really doesn't solve THIS problem. Demanding better behavior of our cops does.

Yes, as corrupt as they are, I trust them more than I trust a bunch of inbred rednecks compensating for tiny dicks.

So, really... here's a crazy idea.

1) Get guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. (Which is pretty much anyone who isn't a military, police or security professional)

2) Reform our police departments to get rid of the crooks, the racists and the incompetent clowns.

You see, I actually do think 99% of cops are pretty decent guys. Even Chicago Cops.

And then you have that one percent who are like Burge, Van Dyke, and Watts.

Part of the problem is that we had a civilian complaint board in Chicago that cleared 98% of complaints of wrongdoing. In the case of van Dyke (I really hate to keep going back to him, because he's kind of the poster boy for everything wrong with the CPD) there were 20 complaints against him for using racial slurs, abusing suspects and one case where he dislocated a suspect's arm and the city had to pay out $375,000.

So when he shoots LaQuan McDonald, what does the city do? Did they fire him? Not immediately. They put him on desk duty, hid the video tape, put out a bullshit statement about how the shooting was justified and paid of the kid's family with a secret agreement for $5,000,000. This was done so this wouldn't be an issue in the 2015 mayoral election. (Hey, Rahm, before you get money back from Smollet, how about getting THAT money back.)

Then the press FINALLY got a hold of the tape of the shooting, which is pretty fucking brutal. They FINALLY fire him and indict him, and the FOP, the same people who are SCREAMING about Fox letting Smollett go for a prank, spends millions defending him.

So, no, the thing is, having guns in the hands of civilians really doesn't solve THIS problem. Demanding better behavior of our cops does.

More "no one needs guns but the government" fascism from JoeBlow, the biggest government dick sucking retard on this board.

But he served community service and paid a $10,000 fine.

Which is probably as good as you guys are going to get.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?
He as not gotten away with it yet. The state and Feds can still charge him on the grounds it was a hate crime.

It's not going to happen.

Hate crime laws do not apply to the facts in the Smollett case. Many people think that any act that foments hate is a hate crime but this is not what the law says. The best way to explain it is this: If John (a White man) unlawfully injures Jack, (a Black man) he will be charged with assault; however, if it can be shown that John attacked Jack because of his race, that would be a hate crime. Hate crimes allow for enhanced penalties when the underlying crime is committed because of certain discriminatory factors. In the Smollett case, there was no underling crime committed against a particular person and hence the hate crime legislation is not applicable. The following two links should explain it all to you:

18 U.S. Code § 249 - Hate crime acts

Hate Crime Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Faking an attack is not a Federal crime. It's not a crime under Illinois law either. There is no underlying crime to support a hate crime prosecution. This particular case against Smollett is over and there will be no further prosecution. There is still an open case involving the fake letter. It is possible that Smollett might be charged by the Feds in that case.

PS: Smollett was not charged with staging a phony attack. He was indicted for filing a false police report.

Best argument for libertarianism is a 10 second argument with a government control fetishist like you.

Uh, huh... when you guys start living like Mad Max in a lawless wasteland, then I'll take you seriously

You guys think rights and laws are there for straight white people. When someone says, 'Hey, how about mine", that's when you all get crazy.

Faking an attack is not a Federal crime. It's not a crime under Illinois law either. There is no underlying crime to support a hate crime prosecution. This particular case against Smollett is over and there will be no further prosecution. There is still an open case involving the fake letter. It is possible that Smollett might be charged by the Feds in that case.

Possible, but not likely. The Feds didn't make a big deal about it when it was sent.

Best argument for libertarianism is a 10 second argument with a government control fetishist like you.

Uh, huh... when you guys start living like Mad Max in a lawless wasteland, then I'll take you seriously

You guys think rights and laws are there for straight white people. When someone says, 'Hey, how about mine", that's when you all get crazy.

Possible, but not likely. The Feds didn't make a big deal about it when it was sent.
You see on TV everyday for years how the political class is and yet you trust them. The constant attacks from one to another on integrity and character never ends. And many are corrupted or have enriched themselves and their families. What we have in D.C. is not what the framers of the Constitution was shooting for. In fact, they are a reason we went to war with England. I know the times are different. But nasty governments always have the same results.

You see on TV everyday for years how the political class is and yet you trust them. The constant attacks from one to another on integrity and character never ends. And many are corrupted or have enriched themselves and their families. What we have in D.C. is not what the framers of the Constitution was shooting for. In fact, they are a reason we went to war with England. I know the times are different. But nasty governments always have the same results.

I don't trust them at all. What I realize is that they like getting re-elected and they will do things that get them re-elected. Sometimes, that doesn't work out, when they indulge our worst instincts... but mostly it does.

Maybe instead of whining about the government giving us what we want, we should actually be really clear on what we want.

Yes, I entirely blame the police for 50 years of racist practices where the community doesn't trust them. again, I grew up here. Even white people know our cops are corrupt as shit.
It's been Democrat since the 1930s. Why wouldn't it be a racist shithole...no disrespect to the people of Chicago intended. lmao

Greg

Forum List

Back