Chicago democrats…supporting gun crime again…they end police foot pursuits…what could go wrong?

No, I hate them because they produce a product that kills people and they don't really care who gets them.

If I produced a product that was regularly being misused, I wouldn't WAIT for the government to regulate it properly. I'd put safeguards in myself to keep them from getting into the wrong hands. And if it turned out that I couldn't keep my product out of the wrong hands, I might even stop producing that product and find something else to do for a living. And a lot of sensible companies do exactly that. After 9/11, the Airlines did a whole lot of things to keep that from ever happening again. The toy companies stopped making lawn darts after a few kids got impaled through the skull.

View attachment 666839

Guy, I didn't get the laws I wanted because the National Rampage Association prevented them.

Here's the law I would have had.

It would have cost $500.00 to get a FOID card. For that FOID Card, an investigator would have not only talked to the HPPD, but the man's neighbors, employers, School, and family. They would have gone on line and checked his social media accounts.

In short, they would have found out EVERYTHING we knew by Tuesday about this guy. And then he would have gotten a big old fat "REJECTED" on his FOID card application.

Instead, what we have is a $10.00 fee to get a FOID card, some bored civil servant punched in his name, and either missed the two 2019 arrests, or HPPD didn't enter them properly.

Except it can be EASILY stopped, as every other industrialized country has proven. This is a UNIQUELY American problem.

Joe...we get it...you are a fascist...you don't have to keep reminding us.......you want people unarmed for your eventual "solution," to societies problems...

Cars are regularly misused...to the point they kill far more people than guns do....and we let 16 year olds drive them......according to you, with 39,000 dead due to cars....we need to not only ban cars, but sue car makers out of business since they obviously don't care that their cars are used to kill people......

Cars aren't designed to kill people. Most gun deaths are intentional. Most car deaths are accidental.

But if you want to treat guns like cars, I'm down with that... That means licensing, registration, mandetory insurance and a lot of cops whose job is to monitor and regulate their use.

(AND THIS is the part where you whine about how it's your "Right" to have a gun, missing the point again.)

Cars aren't designed to kill people. Most gun deaths are intentional. Most car deaths are accidental.

But if you want to treat guns like cars, I'm down with that... That means licensing, registration, mandetory insurance and a lot of cops whose job is to monitor and regulate their use.

(AND THIS is the part where you whine about how it's your "Right" to have a gun, missing the point again.)

Yeah.....high speed objects hitting human beings isn't designed to kill people....they are simply larger bullets......

Yeah....Rights mean fascists like you can't do what you want....a century of mass graves filled with innocent people should be enough of a lesson.....

43,000 gun deaths
70,000 gun injuries
400, 000 gun crimes
270 BILLION In economic loss related to gun violence.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives....from rape, robbery, murder, beatings, stabbings and mass public shootings...

Lives saved...

600 million guns in private hands......over 21.25 million Americans can carry guns legally in public for self defense.........

Gun deaths...the truth....

Of the gun murder deaths....over 70-80% of the victims are not regular Americans....they are criminals...murdered by other criminals in primarily democrat party controlled cities....where the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians have released them over and over again no matter how many times they are arrested for felony, illegal gun possession and violent crimes with guns...that's on you and your political party...not normal gun owners

Lives saved....based on research? By law abiding gun owners using guns to stop criminals?

Case Closed: Kleck Is Still Correct

that makes for at least 176,000 lives saved—

Money saved from people not being beaten, raped, murdered, robbed?.......

So figuring that the average DGU saves one half of a person’s life—as “gun violence” predominantly affects younger demographics—that gives us $3.465 million per half life.

Putting this all together, we find that the monetary benefit of guns (by way of DGUs) is roughly $1.02 trillion per year. That’s trillion. With a ‘T’.

I was going to go on and calculate the costs of incarceration ($50K/year) saved by people killing 1527 criminals annually, and then look at the lifetime cost to society of an average criminal (something in excess of $1 million). But all of that would be a drop in the bucket compared to the $1,000,000,000,000 ($1T) annual benefit of gun ownership.

When compared to the (inflation adjusted from 2002) $127.5 billion ‘cost’ of gun violence calculated by by our Ludwig-Cook buddies, guns save a little more than eight times what they “cost.”

Which, I might add, is completely irrelevant since “the freedom to own and carry the weapon of your choice is a natural, fundamental, and inalienable human, individual, civil, and Constitutional right — subject neither to the democratic process nor to arguments grounded in social utility.”

So even taking Motherboard’s own total and multiplying it by 100, the benefits to society of civilian gun ownership dwarf the associated costs.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/defensive-gun-use-savings-dwarf-gun-violence-costs/

And the research........

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

2021 national firearm survey, Prof. William English, PhD. designed by Deborah Azrael of Harvard T. Chan School of public policy, and Mathew Miller, Northeastern university.......1.67 million defensive uses annually.

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

2021 national firearms survey..

The survey was designed by Deborah Azrael of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and Matthew Miller of Northeastern University,
----
The survey further finds that approximately a third of gun owners (31.1%) have used a firearm to defend themselves or their property, often on more than one occasion, and it estimates that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year. Handguns are the most common firearm employed for self-defense (used in 65.9% of defensive incidents), and in most defensive incidents (81.9%) no shot was fired. Approximately a quarter (25.2%) of defensive incidents occurred within the gun owner's home, and approximately half (53.9%) occurred outside their home, but on their property. About one out of ten (9.1%) defensive gun uses occurred in public, and about one out of twenty (4.8%) occurred at work.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3887145

That's a rather important point, that you never seem willing to address.

A murder does not happen because there is a weapon present.

A murder happens because a nominally-human creature has the desire and intent to take the life of a human being.

Removing the weapon does not address the problem.

The only way to solve the problem is to remove the murderer.

And you consistently oppose any policy that would do so. You consistently take the side of subhuman criminals shit, against the side of actual human beings, as you are doing here. Your “solution is to leave the criminal free to prey on human beings, and to make sure that the human bei9ng is deprived of the means to defend himself, knowing damn well that nothing that you propose will in any way prevent the criminal from acquiring and using a weapon against the human that you want to render defenseless.

That's a rather important point, that you never seem willing to address.

A murder does not happen because there is a weapon present.

A murder happens because a nominally-human creature has the desire and intent to take the life of a human being.

Removing the weapon does not address the problem.

The only way to solve the problem is to remove the murderer.

Except most murderers are just regular people who had a bad day, and a gun was available. The British, the Japanese, the Germans don't have these problems. Either because they don't let their citizens own guns, or they vet who can have them.

And you consistently oppose any policy that would do so. You consistently take the side of subhuman criminals shit, against the side of actual human beings, as you are doing here. Your “solution is to leave the criminal free to prey on human beings, and to make sure that the human bei9ng is deprived of the means to defend himself, knowing damn well that nothing that you propose will in any way prevent the criminal from acquiring and using a weapon against the human that you want to render defenseless.

Except guns never prevent people from being murdered, they just make it easier to murder people.

According to the FBI, only 200 homicides BY CIVILIANS involving guns are ruled as "justified". Which means of the other 18000 or so gun homicides, the gun happened to be there when an argument went sideways. Are some of them "career criminals" (i.e. poor people of color)? Sure. And a lot of them are clean cut white people who just had an argument that went bad.

Except most murderers are just regular people who had a bad day, and a gun was available. The British, the Japanese, the Germans don't have these problems. Either because they don't let their citizens own guns, or they vet who can have them.

Except guns never prevent people from being murdered, they just make it easier to murder people.

According to the FBI, only 200 homicides BY CIVILIANS involving guns are ruled as "justified". Which means of the other 18000 or so gun homicides, the gun happened to be there when an argument went sideways. Are some of them "career criminals" (i.e. poor people of color)? Sure. And a lot of them are clean cut white people who just had an argument that went bad.

No, that is a lie…..as you have been shown over and over again…….90% of murderers have long criminal records going back to their teen years, usually with several felonies

The Japanese give their police vast powers that would make your head spin, since you hate cops, and they actually lock up their gun criminals instead of releasing them over and over again….the British police state they can’t stop the increasing flow of illegal guns off their island and after they banned guns, they still have the same number of mass public shootings……

Germany?

They murdered 15 million men, women and children over just 6 years….more innocents murdered than 246 years of criminals in the U.S. Murdering each other…..

And you know that defensive gun use averages 1.1 million times a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control……

You know the truth but you choose to lie…..

No, that is a lie…..as you have been shown over and over again…….90% of murderers have long criminal records going back to their teen years, usually with several felonies

100 million Americans have a police record, that gets you nothing.

The Japanese give their police vast powers that would make your head spin, since you hate cops, and they actually lock up their gun criminals instead of releasing them over and over again….the British police state they can’t stop the increasing flow of illegal guns off their island and after they banned guns, they still have the same number of mass public shootings……

The Japanese only lock up 69,000 people. We lock up 2 million, and we have to let people go because we don't have enough cells or guards.

The British haven't had a public mass shooting since 2021. The ones before that were in 2018 and 2010.

We can't go a month without three large mass shootings.

And you know that defensive gun use averages 1.1 million times a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control……
I know THREE people who were killed with guns.

I know ZERO who stopped a crime with a gun.

Statistically, if there really were 1.1MM DGU's, I should know dozens of cases.

I don't know... one.

The Japanese only lock up 69,000 people. We lock up 2 million, and we have to let people go because we don't have enough cells or guards.

The British haven't had a public mass shooting since 2021. The ones before that were in 2018 and 2010.

I don't know... one.

You have seen this before...here it is again...

The Criminology of Firearms
In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."

I don't know... one.

Japan actually locks up their gun criminals for long sentences..that is how they stopped the Yakuza wars, where they would use fully automatic weapons and grenades against each other....our democrat party judges keep releasing violent gun offenders over and over again....

For example....this would never happen in Japan.....he would not have been released and he would have served at a minimum a full 10 years...but not here......where the democrats let him out...

Davis was originally arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a license in Detroit, and the judge assigned to his case ordered that Davis wear a GPS monitoring device as a condition of his bond. There’s nothing unusual about that, but what’s raising eyebrows, particularly among local police, is what happened after prosecutors repeatedly told the judge that Davis was violating the terms of his bond, including allegedly taking part in a drive-by shooting.
----------
So, by the time Davis appeared before the judge in late May, he’d already had five alleged bond violations and two arrests for separate incidents, including the drive-by shooting. The judge could have ordered Davis’ bond revoked and remanded him into custody until his trial,

but instead Hathaway took a much different approach: continuing his bond but ordering the removal of the GPS monitoring device that had alerted authorities to his alleged lawbreaking.
-----

As you might have guessed, that didn’t stop Davis’ alleged criminal activity. About a month later police, who were now paying attention to Davis’ social media feeds, watched on Instagram as Davis held a gun and allegedly threatened violence against other individuals.
---
The low bonds are an issue, but they’re not the only problem. The fact that Davis was arrested twice on gun-related charges (including a violent felony offense) and the judge decided the best course of action was to remove his GPS monitoring entirely can’t be blamed on staffing woes or other shortfalls in the local court system. In Wayne County, however, those in charge are pointing fingers rather than accepting responsibility.

I don't know... one.

Since the gun and confiscation in Britain, they have maintained their average of 1 mass public shooting every 10 years....something they had before they banned guns...showing that guns do not create mass public shootings....

And after the ban, the Cumbria and Plymouth mass public shooters in Britain....? What law, exactly, kept them from walking into a school and shooting English kids and teachers?

Not to forget all the guns in Britain that the police say are increasing every year.....what keeps the criminals with those guns from committing mass public shootings?

I don't know... one.

Tell that to the Centers for Disease Control, and the Department of Justice........and the other 16 studies on gun self defense....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

2021 national firearm survey, Prof. William English, PhD. designed by Deborah Azrael of Harvard T. Chan School of public policy, and Mathew Miller, Northeastern university.......1.67 million defensive uses annually.

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

2021 national firearms survey..

The survey was designed by Deborah Azrael of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and Matthew Miller of Northeastern University,

----
The survey further finds that approximately a third of gun owners (31.1%) have used a firearm to defend themselves or their property, often on more than one occasion, and it estimates that guns are used defensively by firearms owners in approximately 1.67 million incidents per year. Handguns are the most common firearm employed for self-defense (used in 65.9% of defensive incidents), and in most defensive incidents (81.9%) no shot was fired. Approximately a quarter (25.2%) of defensive incidents occurred within the gun owner's home, and approximately half (53.9%) occurred outside their home, but on their property. About one out of ten (9.1%) defensive gun uses occurred in public, and about one out of twenty (4.8%) occurred at work.
2021 National Firearms Survey

More gun crazy from TooTinyGuy.

You have seen this before...here it is again...

And it's still bullshit. One out of three Americans has a police record, so it's pretty easy to claim that any murderer (even one who gets into a domestic or acquaintance homicide) was a "hardened criminal".

Japan actually locks up their gun criminals for long sentences..that is how they stopped the Yakuza wars, where they would use fully automatic weapons and grenades against each other....our democrat party judges keep releasing violent gun offenders over and over again....
Japan only locks up 69,000 people of 133 million.
We lock up 2 million out of a population of 330 million

Since the gun and confiscation in Britain, they have maintained their average of 1 mass public shooting every 10 years....something they had before they banned guns...showing that guns do not create mass public shootings....
Wow, do you even hear yourself sometimes.

ONE MASS SHOOTING EVERY TEN YEARS.

vs.

A MASS SHOOTING JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER WEEK

One out of three Americans has a police record…

I call bullshit.

I do not have a police record. Neither, as far as I know, do any of my close family or acquaintances.

It may be true among your associates, but that would be a reflection on you and the company that you keep; and not on Americans in general.

Most of us, unlike you, do not associate with criminals, nor take the side of criminals against the side of human beings.

More gun crazy from TooTinyGuy.

And it's still bullshit. One out of three Americans has a police record, so it's pretty easy to claim that any murderer (even one who gets into a domestic or acquaintance homicide) was a "hardened criminal".

Japan only locks up 69,000 people of 133 million.
We lock up 2 million out of a population of 330 million

Wow, do you even hear yourself sometimes.

ONE MASS SHOOTING EVERY TEN YEARS.

vs.

A MASS SHOOTING JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER WEEK

We had a total of 6 mass public shootings in 2021.....6 people out of over 330 million people....they killed a total of 43 people....

Deer kill 200 people every year

ladders kill 300 people every year

lawn mowers kill between 90-100 people every year.....

Trying to ban rifles based on those numbers is insane....

I call bullshit.

I do not have a police record. Neither, as far as I know, do any of my close family or acquaintances.

It may be true among your associates, but that would be a reflection on you and the company that you keep; and not on Americans in general.

Most of us, unlike you, do not associate with criminals, nor take the side of criminals against the side of human beings.

Correcting your ignorance would be full time job, Mormon Bob.

But.

The number of Americans with a criminal history has risen sharply over the past three decades. Today, nearly one-third of the adult working age population has a criminal record. In fact, so many Americans have a criminal record that counting them all is nearly impossible.

According to a 2012 Department of Justice survey, state criminal history repositories contain more than 100 million records. These are popularly referred to as “rap sheets” or “criminal records” although most people who have them have never been convicted of a serious crime.

America now houses roughly the same number people with criminal records as it does four-year college graduates.

Nearly half of black males and almost 40 percent of white males are arrested by the age 23.

Correcting your ignorance would be full time job, Mormon Bob.

But.

The number of Americans with a criminal history has risen sharply over the past three decades. Today, nearly one-third of the adult working age population has a criminal record. In fact, so many Americans have a criminal record that counting them all is nearly impossible.

According to a 2012 Department of Justice survey, state criminal history repositories contain more than 100 million records. These are popularly referred to as “rap sheets” or “criminal records” although most people who have them have never been convicted of a serious crime.

America now houses roughly the same number people with criminal records as it does four-year college graduates.

Nearly half of black males and almost 40 percent of white males are arrested by the age 23.

Dipshit.....again....

The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."
----

Dipshit.....again....

Dipshit... again..

1657231210101.png

We know how to prevent it.......you guys just want to take guns away from people who don't commit crime or mass public shootings with them....

And again, Britain had 2 mass public shootings.......what kept those guys from going into a school.....?

Forum List

Back