Chess Game Challenge.

Good game so far I think, but it is dinner time for us now. Can we pick it up tomorrow sometime?

BTW, you followed okay, but I use phonetic N for the kNight and K for the king.

Sure. Which move did I not use N for knight and K for king?

Wasn't talking about you. I'm not sure which is standard: N or Kn?

Good game so far I think, but it is dinner time for us now. Can we pick it up tomorrow sometime?

N for knight is the standard

Okay.

Okay.

10..... N-KB3

Oh, forgot to give my last move before supper. LOL!

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

2021-05-07.png

After my eleventh move: B-K5. Are we on the same page? Will check from time to time.

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

After my eleventh move: B-K5. Are we on the same page? Will check from time to time.

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

I think your 11th move released the pressure too soon.
Don't think you have enough compensation for your 2 pieces with Queens off the board.

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

Don't think you have enough compensation for your 2 pieces with Queens off the board.
Maybe not, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. LOL! You seem to know the ins-and-outs of the gambit. I'm trying to think it out on the board, and I'm a little intimidated.

12 RxQ, of course.

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

Maybe not, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. LOL! You seem to know the ins-and-outs of the gambit. I'm trying to think it out on the board, and I'm a little intimidated.

12 RxQ, of course.

My philosophy when playing against the King's Gambit is to take
some, but usually not all of the material offered....but you keep offering more!!!

12.........B-K2

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

12 RxQ, of course.

some, but usually not all of the material offered....but you keep offering more!!!

12.........B-K2
Well, learning curve. I have a devastating counter should black not go for the gambit to begin with, as they think the supporting pawn helps them command that center pawn on the board . . . only within a few moves I knock it out. No one on the quest board seems to understand it and follow through to this point. And I run into you, here of all places, and find someone to help teach me. Imagine how surprised I was.

13. N-B3

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

12 RxQ, of course.

12.........B-K2
Well, learning curve. I have a devastating counter should black not go for the gambit to begin with, as they think the supporting pawn helps them command that center pawn on the board . . . only within a few moves I knock it out. No one on the quest board seems to understand it and follow through to this point. And I run into you, here of all places, and find someone to help teach me. Imagine how surprised I was.

13. N-B3
13........P-Q3

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

12 RxQ, of course.

12.........B-K2

13. N-B3
13........P-Q3
14. BxN

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

12 RxQ, of course.

12.........B-K2

13. N-B3
13........P-Q3
14. BxN

14........BxB

10. BxP
10..... N-KB3
11. B-K5

View attachment 488004

Yes....same page.

11........QxQ

12 RxQ, of course.

12.........B-K2

13. N-B3
13........P-Q3
14. BxN

14........BxB
15. N-Q5

Forum List

Back