Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq War

Feb 20, 2017
Stay Informed:

According to the bipartisan Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan, the level of corruption by defense contractors may be as high as $60 billion. Disciplined soldiers that would traditionally do many of the tasks are commissioned by private and publicly listed companies.

I was in Iraq 2004-2005 and traveled a bit. I was shocked at the size and scope of the KBR footprint. They were into everything, feeding the troops, rebuilding infrastructure etc. I remember thinking that if the average tax payer saw what I saw, they would be pissed...I was.

Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq War
By Angelo Young, International Business Times

The accounting of the financial cost of the nearly decade-long Iraq War will go on for years, but a recent analysis has shed light on the companies that made money off the war by providing support services as the privatization of what were former U.S. military operations rose to unprecedented levels.

Private or publicly listed firms received at least $138 billion of U.S. taxpayer money for government contracts for services that included providing private security, building infrastructure and feeding the troops.

The No. 1 recipient?

Houston-based energy-focused engineering and construction firm KBR, Inc. (NYSE:KBR), which was spun off from its parent, oilfield services provider Halliburton Co. (NYSE:HAL), in 2007.

The company was given $39.5 billion in Iraq-related contracts over the past decade, with many of the deals given without any bidding from competing firms, such as a $568-million contract renewal in 2010 to provide housing, meals, water and bathroom services to soldiers, a deal that led to a Justice Department lawsuit over alleged kickbacks, as reported by Bloomberg.
Read more- And The Winner For The Most Iraq War Contracts Is . . . KBR, With $39.5 Billion In A Decade
Now that the law is lawless I have created CopsRCorrupt.com so that you might survive.

Attachments

• z_Bush_Haliburton001.jpg
    z_Bush_Haliburton001.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 33
NOT2008 Obama administration approves No-Bid Halliburton Contract...

By Tony Capaccio

May 6 (Bloomberg) -- KBR Inc. was selected for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011 for military support services in Iraq, the Army said.

The Army announced its decision yesterday only hours after the Justice Department said it will pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of taking kickbacks from two subcontractors on Iraq-related work. The Army also awarded the work to KBR over objections from members of Congress, who have pushed the Pentagon to seek bids for further logistics contracts.

Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

This shit is still happening watch US troops talk about Halliburton corruption-

NOT2008 Obama administration approves No-Bid Halliburton Contract...

By Tony Capaccio

May 6 (Bloomberg) -- KBR Inc. was selected for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011 for military support services in Iraq, the Army said.

The Army announced its decision yesterday only hours after the Justice Department said it will pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of taking kickbacks from two subcontractors on Iraq-related work. The Army also awarded the work to KBR over objections from members of Congress, who have pushed the Pentagon to seek bids for further logistics contracts.

Read more at
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

This shit is still happening watch US troops talk about Halliburton corruption-

Why did they privatize food service?

Bush gave Saddam about a year to comply with U.N. sanctions and about 39% of democrats voted for Boots on the Ground and then spent the next six or seven years undermining the Military mission. General Motors made billions during WW2 and that's what brought the U.S. out of the "great depression". Does anybody blame Harry Truman?

Forum List

Back