Cheney's daughter pregnant

I think of it like this-I wasn't even really supposed to have kids, because learning from the two I have, my body doesn't support the creation of another life very well, so I view my boys as a true gift and blessing and nothing will change that view. I look SO forward to being a grandma (not too soon though!) that if this were the only way, then so be it. My heart is on my boys having lots of babies of their own, so I can spoil them the way my grandparents spoiled me (once they got over the issue of my mom being preggo at 16). My grandma even named me (my first name, anyway).

If you can't change the situation, you learn to accept it and take what you can get. I will do my damnedest to instill in my boys the importance of waiting until marriage to have children (or sex for that matter), but they are ultimately their own persons and will make their own choices, many of which will be mistakes. I will love them no matter what. I make sure they know and hear it every day.
My mom wasn't even supposed to have me too. But she did. But I like your perspective.

A conservative home doesn't always mean they'll come out that way. But I wish my mom had been that way for the first year and a half of hell (as I so lovingly call it).

It's good to see people put family above politics. Puts more faith in humanity.

Near as I can tell, whether a home is "liberal" or "conservative", religious or not, has no effect on human sexuality.

A selfish act to say the least. Sure hope its not a boy because if it is lordy the problems coming down the road!

"ummmm mommy why do all the other kids at school have a mommy and a daddy and I have two mommy's with mullets?"

politically, i agree. but you cant be human without wishing the child had more ideal circumstances.

More ideal? I have a Lesbian neighbor that has two inseminated kids. They are much better off than many, maybe even most other kids.

Regardless, like I said Mary C condition is a non-issue. It doesn't affect my life in the least.

More ideal? I have a Lesbian neighbor that has two inseminated kids. They are much better off than many, maybe even most other kids.

Regardless, like I said Mary C condition is a non-issue. It doesn't affect my life in the least.

Oh really? You can't judge a book by its cover. How do you know what those kids are feeling in life, living it with "two mothers" instead of normal parents? You assume a lot by just looking at the superficialities.

Mary Cheney is not a "non-issue". The country is watching how leaders in our country, the Cheneys, react regarding their daughter's actions.

Oh really? You can't judge a book by its cover. How do you know what those kids are feeling in life, living it with "two mothers" instead of normal parents? You assume a lot by just looking at the superficialities.

Mary Cheney is not a "non-issue". The country is watching how leaders in our country, the Cheneys, react regarding their daughter's actions.

And you consider yourself normal? :rotflmao:

Yes, really. How do I know? I see these two kids almost everyday. They’re happy, laughing and playing and doing well in school. Much happier than a kid in the ghetto, or foster care or one of divorced parents, or one that can only see Mom or Dad every other weekend. Or the poor kid with a single Mom.

I could care less. Too much money, the kid will be ok. Poor lesbos do not do this.

If you can't change the situation, you learn to accept it and take what you can get.

I totally disagree with that statement. Because it surely doesn't pertain to me.

Let's say my son phoned me tomorrow and said, "hey dad, I've decided that I'm going to be queer". There is NOTHING I would ACCEPT about THAT. I'd tell him to never darken my doorstep again, unless he decided he WASN'T a queer. You see that's what "I'd" do. If I couldn't CHANGE the situation, I'd get myself away from it. I have beliefs. I have principles. I won't comprimise them just to "take what I could get".

I totally disagree with that statement. Because it surely doesn't pertain to me.

Let's say my son phoned me tomorrow and said, "hey dad, I've decided that I'm going to be queer". There is NOTHING I would ACCEPT about THAT. I'd tell him to never darken my doorstep again, unless he decided he WASN'T a queer. You see that's what "I'd" do. If I couldn't CHANGE the situation, I'd get myself away from it. I have beliefs. I have principles. I won't comprimise them just to "take what I could get".

Wow. That totally amazes me. You would basically disown your child merely because she sees herself as homosexual. If she called on you for advice or help, you would hang up the phone. If she were in trouble, you would ignore her. Please expand upon your post. I must be interpreting it incorrectly. If my extrapolations are correct then all I can say is that we have vast differences in the way that we would relate to people who have lifestyles different than our own. You seem to be very crass and cold-hearted. Even churches, while not wanting people to continue in homosexual “lifestyles” are willing to talk with and help such people.

A selfish act to say the least. Sure hope its not a boy because if it is lordy the problems coming down the road!

"ummmm mommy why do all the other kids at school have a mommy and a daddy and I have two mommy's with mullets?"

If I were in a homosexual relationship and had a child, this is how I would explain it once I thought that the child reached an appropriate age for understanding.

Son. My partner and I have been in a close and loving relationship for a long time now. So, we wanted to have a child to care for and to share this wonderful thing called life. We even called upon someone to help us have a child. That is how you came along. Many people have children unexpectedly and end up abandoning their children. Sometimes mommy and daddy separate and the child gets passed from one person to another. Occasionally a child gets to live with a mommy and daddy together for a long time. We wanted to have one so badly that we did extra work in order to have you. We will remain together for a long time and care for you for many years to come. Do not be afraid. We worked hard to have you with us. We love you so much and we will never abandon you.

It is as simple as that.

so i suppose since you could just procreate and have more biological children, you can just easily cast aside those that are of your own blood as easily as the junkmail in your postbox? Do you really believe a human life of your own flesh and blood is easily cast aside purely for the sake of politicall leanings and group acceptance?

I believe my children are a gift and a blessing from God, and I won't toss them aside just because of one tiny detail. They are still my babies and will always be that, no matter what their age. My boys will hopefully do what they want with their choices based on their upbringing. However they are their own person and will do what they will.

Really, just from this statement you posted, you sound like a cold bitter person who has no REAL love for his son. You 'love' sounds conditional on the basis that he believes and acts like YOU want him to, not unconditional and his making his own choices regardless of what you want, as it should be. If you really loved your son unconditionally, you may don't have to accept that he sees himself that way, but you can still be his father and in his life. His life and your involvement in it would mean far more to you than anything else in the world.

Occasionally they get to live with both parents for a long time? You must run with very different circles than I.

Among the people I know, occasionally there is a divorce or early death.

Okay. Perhaps I would replace the word “Occasionally” with “Often”. I don’t know the exact statistics. There are break-ups, separations, divorces, and long-distance relationships, absent parents, abandonment, abortions, surrendering the child to another family, orphanage, or adoption center. I still believe in the gist of my reply.

If I were in a homosexual relationship and had a child, this is how I would explain it once I thought that the child reached an appropriate age for understanding.

Son. My partner and I have been in a close and loving relationship for a long time now. So, we wanted to have a child to care for and to share this wonderful thing called life. We even called upon someone to help us have a child. That is how you came along. Many people have children unexpectedly and end up abandoning their children. Sometimes mommy and daddy separate and the child gets passed from one person to another. Occasionally a child gets to live with a mommy and daddy together for a long time. We wanted to have one so badly that we did extra work in order to have you. We will remain together for a long time and care for you for many years to come. Do not be afraid. We worked hard to have you with us. We love you so much and we will never abandon you.

It is as simple as that.

Boy that sure would make one hell of a fictional novel though!

No matter what anyone says a two parent relationship of same sex will always be dysfunctional and lacking, it will always be detrimental to the child they so selfishly reared through unnatural means.

Forum List

Back