Chaz Bono on DWTS

Chaz Bono on Dancing With the Stars

• Total voters
I'm squarely in the "don't know/don't care" category. Having never watched DWTS, the documentary about Chastity becoming Chaz, etc. I simply don't really care about "him" or the show.

I do think its interesting how many people will scream and fight and yell and tweet and cry and froth at the mouth for Chaz's right to appear on the show...but seem to think that inherent in that is Chaz's "right" to not have to hear any negative opinions about his lifestyle choice or his appearing on the show. Cher is out there saying "Isn't this still America???" As if other American citizens saying they don't want to watch Chaz dance with a woman is a violation of her child's rights...and millions of people cheered her on...demonstrating that apparently...this is a commonly held belief.

Why does Chaz have the right to go on a television show viewed by millions...which he was invited to be on SOLELY because he was a woman who decided to live as a man...but not have to listen to any comments or criticism that he (or his mother) may not like?

Why is your opinion that Chaz is now a man because he "thinks" he is...more valid than someones opinion that Chaz is a woman because she was born biologically a woman?

Personally...I don't care. If Chastity Bono wants to cut off her breasts, take hormones to grow chest hair, and call herself Chaz...I'll call him Chaz. I have no problem with him going on a dumb tv show and dancing with a girl.

But I HAVE been wondering why so many who "support" Chaz's right to go on a show that he wouldn't have been invited on unless he had been transgendered...somehow feel that noone else has the right to say "Hey...I have an issue with that."

Why is your opinion that he is a man more valid than someone else's opinion that he is not? Why is a person who feels that a woman dressing up like a man is immoral not permitted to voice their opinion...but a person who feels that cutting off your sexual organs and taking drugs to turn yourself into an impersonation of the opposite sex is perfectly acceptable allowed to voice theirs?

I may feel that bigots, misogynists, etc. are freakin' morons....but that doesn't mean that they don't have the right to protest things that they feel are inappropriate.

Really? NOT because he was Sonny & Cher's only child? Most of the "stars" have a far more tenuous claim to fame.

I've never even watched DWTS. The concept bores me. If I want to watch a dance competition, I'll wait until the national championships come on PBS. Now THERE is a dance competition!!

From what I've gleaned from news reports and various forums, invitations to participate require only that someone be a "celebrity" of some sort. Bristol Palin was invited only because she's Sara Palin's daughter. If Chaz was still female, I wouldn't have been the least bit shocked to see her invited because she is Sonny and Cher's daughter.

As for transgenders in general, their lives, their bodies, their choice. I cannot imagine looking into the mirror and seeing the body of a man staring back at me. Seriously. I can't. My brain is female. I see myself as female. I AM female. So if I was trapped in the body of a male, I honestly do not know what I would do. I might just throw myself off a roof. So whatever helps these people get through their lives is fine with me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I've never even watched DWTS. The concept bores me. If I want to watch a dance competition, I'll wait until the national championships come on PBS. Now THERE is a dance competition!!

From what I've gleaned from news reports and various forums, invitations to participate require only that someone be a "celebrity" of some sort. Bristol Palin was invited only because she's Sara Palin's daughter. If Chaz was still female, I wouldn't have been the least bit shocked to see her invited because she is Sonny and Cher's daughter.

As for transgenders in general, their lives, their bodies, their choice. I cannot imagine looking into the mirror and seeing the body of a man staring back at me. Seriously. I can't. My brain is female. I see myself as female. I AM female. So if I was trapped in the body of a male, I honestly do not know what I would do. I might just throw myself off a roof. So whatever helps these people get through their lives is fine with me.

Bleep! I already pos repped you for giving the other guy rep, and it's too soon to give you rep again. /whine

• Thanks
I thought he was an adorable little girl when they showed her on the Sonny & Cher show, but of course, that was eons ago.
As for now....I don't give a shit.
I don't give a shit about Chaz Bono, what he/she decides to do with their life, who they decide to fuck, who they want to dance with.
I don't watch shows like Dancing With The Stars anyway.
I have heard people ask, wonder if he will be the male partner or the female partner...he will be the male, his lady partner is actually very pretty. (I saw photos of her on my homepage)

Last edited:
Dunno.

I have a friend who is transgender. She never (as a man) perceived herself as gay. She was a woman (in a man's body) who loved men. She still loves men. She's in a long-term relationship. I don't perceive her as a gay man in a woman's body. That doesn't make any sense.
I don't have time for DWTS, however Chaz certainly looks like several men I know. It makes sense that Chastity came out as a lesbian, loving females, then continues on the path to become male.

Are you sure his has a penis? I think from the documentary (which aired in May) he hadn't had that part done yet. But that was a bit ago . . .

No, I'm not sure. It was an assumption based on my belief the surgery was complete.

"I found it! I found the golden ticket!"

There is one detail, though, he will not discuss: whether he had "bottom surgery." "I've decided to keep my privates private," he writes.

Q&A: Chaz Bono on His Sex-Change Operation - TIME

When he was a girl, he could suck dicks and be considered normal. Now he's had a change of sex operation and when he sucks dicks he will be considered queer. Why would somebody go through that much trouble?

He had a girlfriend, last I heard.

Cher's gender-swap son Chaz Bono steps out with his new girlfriend | Mail Online

So he's a lesbian with a rich mommy. Good for it.

If I were the professional dancer assigned to be his.her partner, I would refuse.

The odd part is why does everyone refer to she as "him."

As a libertarian I don't give a fuck about any of this but as a mildly knowledgeable scientific person I find calling her a "him" is wrong because "chaz" is a fucking woman biologically and there is absolutely nothing she can do to change that.

She was born a girl and she will never have real balls despite the fact she wants them.

The majority of transsexuals are delusional, they fit in the category of Body integrity identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I don't understand what is the difference - you want to cut your arm off and you're crazy but if you want to cut your wiener off or steal one and attach it to yourself and you're sane and then embraced??

Really, what the fuck is the difference if its an arm or a dick??

Walk into a hospital right now and ask them to cut your arm off - they wont, but they will GLADly (no pun intended) cut your penis off and make you a nice little pseudo vulva...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I wonder if people would accept me if I walked around believing I was Santa Clause all year long?

No they would lock me in a mental hospital and throw away the key, yet its acceptable and fashionable for a person to run around claiming they're a man when they're really a woman?

Now I'm sure delusional people truly believe their delusions but its not ok to exempt transsexuals from being delusional people all because progressives say so....

It's a Psychosis....

Forum List

Back