"Chasing the Boogeyman" a novel by Richard Chizmar

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Maybe nobody reads for enjoyment anymore but here goes. Richard Chizmar is apparently a NYT best selling author. Stephen King raves that "it's something brand new and exciting" but I found it to be a rather boring ripoff of a true crime story by Michelle McNamara. The fake photos of fictional crime scenes are distracting and the childhood accounts of life in the Burbs of Baltimore made me yawn. I won't spoil the ending but I found myself skipping over pages just to finish the book.

Maybe nobody reads for enjoyment anymore but here goes. Richard Chizmar is apparently a NYT best selling author. Stephen King raves that "it's something brand new and exciting" but I found it to be a rather boring ripoff of a true crime story by Michelle McNamara. The fake photos of fictional crime scenes are distracting and the childhood accounts of life in the Burbs of Baltimore made me yawn. I won't spoil the ending but I found myself skipping over pages just to finish the book.
I read for enjoyment and read crime novels. Based solely on your review, I will skip this one if the Amazon store recommends it.

Forum List

Back