Charter Flight Attendant Discrimination

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

The airline states that they select the flight attendants for these much-desired assignments on "performance and attendance."

What do they mean by "performance"? Could it be based on on surveys of travelers? No doubt it is. Travelers prefer flight attendants who are nice to look at. I know I sure do.

This was overtly recognized in the earlier days of passenger travel. When "stewardesses" got fat, old, or ugly, they were cast aside, regardless of how much they loved their jobs or worked to do the best they could do.

But it appears that when an employer discriminates IN FAVOR OF one group of employees, that necessarily means that they must discriminate AGAINST all others.

So can we take this lesson further? If, for example an employer or an institute of higher learning discriminates IN FAVOR OF POC's, then it must of necessity discriminate AGAINST everyone else.

To paraphrase a couple of Supreme Court justices, "If we want to stop discrimination on the basis of race, then we must stop discriminating on the basis of race."

What a concept!

But I hope case against the airline comes out right.

When "stewardesses" got fat, old, or ugly, they were cast aside, regardless of how much they loved their jobs or worked to do the best they could do.
If these idiots would only stop serving so much alcohol onboard the planes, they wouldn't have to worry about a drunken mob armed with fingernail clippers, box cutters, and liquids or gels over two ounces.

Technically, certain automobile traffic laws in some states, including laws prohibiting open containers of alcoholic beverages in passenger compartments, also apply to airline pilots, because an airplane, by law, is considered a motor vehicle, and certain laws apply to the operation of motor vehicles regardless of whether they are operated on public roads or highways.

Forum List

Back