Charles Ramsey Is His Name --

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Charles Ramsey responded to Amanda Berry's plea for help. He took it upon himself to assist her in breaking out of the prison that held her and two other girls for a decade.

Too little attention is being paid to Ramsey, who is the hero in this tale. Without his actions it is likely the escape might not have happened.

Fox News this afternoon showed him giving his statement about what happened while being surrounded by reporters. This guy was kinda funny to listen to. He wasn't the calm talker. He sounded a tad crazy in a way.

Listen to the 9/11 call he made.

Not taking anything away from this guy, he helped in a good way, but the tape is profanity laced and the guy is freaking out. (again, under the circumstances, understandable.)

The hero here is the 9/11 dispatcher, who kept this guy calm enough to discern what was going on and send help.

Not taking anything away from this guy, he helped in a good way, but the tape is profanity laced and the guy is freaking out. (again, under the circumstances, understandable.)

The hero here is the 9/11 dispatcher, who kept this guy calm enough to discern what was going on and send help.
My understanding is he heard Amanda screaming for help. When he went onto the porch of the house and Amanda told him she was captive he helped her break through a panel on the door. He then let Amanda use his cell phone to call 911.

He took a chance doing that. And if he hadn't done it Amanda might still be a prisoner -- or worse.

Am I mistaken?

My understanding is he heard Amanda screaming for help. When he went onto the porch of the house and Amanda told him she was captive he helped her break through a panel on the door. He then let Amanda use his cell phone to call 911.

He took a chance doing that. And if he hadn't done it Amanda might still be a prisoner -- or worse.

Am I mistaken?

Nope. That guy may be crazy... but for one shining moment in his life he was a hero :clap2:

And I thought his name was Bingo? Bingo is his name-o.

Oh wait, sorry, bad attempt at humor there.

So either this guy is either crazy for helping Amanda Berry, or crazy altogether, is that what I'm getting?

Both the dispatcher and Mr. Ramsey are heroes. Just saying.

Taking no credit away from Ramsey or the 9/11 dispatcher, it must have taken an ENORMOUS amount of courage for Amanda Berry to even attempt the escape. It seems safe to assume that the degree of bondage under which the girls were successfully held against their wills for more than a decade must have been multi-tiered and quite extreme.

Am I mistaken?

When a lot of people might have looked the other way, the guy did the right thing. He deserves credit for that. He's a hero in my book

So either this guy is either crazy for helping Amanda Berry, or crazy altogether, is that what I'm getting?

Yup.

Would you have done the same thing in his shoes? Wouldn't you rather risk being called crazy to help someone like Amanda Berry?

Yup.

Would you have done the same thing in his shoes? Wouldn't you rather risk being called crazy to help someone like Amanda Berry?

Absolutely. Being crazy is often a good thing!

Ramsey could have said go away. He didn't. And it's a damn good thing he didn't since the cops have been ignoring calls for YEARS about that house.

Because the person he called sent them which is their job dork.

So if the dispatcher didn't do her job, the police would have never come, and then who would be the idiot?

These people are heroic, they send ambulances, firefighters, police. They deal with a ton of shit you never deal with. This is you taking them for granted. Their actions save lives daily; and I am taken aghast by your low opinion of them.

Was a reward ever offered for information on the captives' whereabouts? Because if there is, Ramsey deserves every cent. His actions lifted an insurmountable emotional burden from the shoulders of the victims and their families. Just imagine what must've gone through the minds of the captives parents when they got the call telling them that their daughters have been found alive. I can't even begin to imagine the mental torture they've endured at the hands of this monster. He should be nailed to a cross.

Furthermore, although the media and some commentators on this thread have alluded or drawn attention to the scatty behaviour of Ramsey during his interview, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was still suffering from some form of shock himself. I mean, how would you react if you found-out that one of your neighbours had been holding a group of girls captive in his house for ten years?

Forum List

Back