Changing Nicknames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthNotBS

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2023
This forum, doesn't allow people to grow ideologically, philosophically, theologically..etc. This is a place where we test our beliefs, we present evidence for our views and we read the evidence presented by others for their perspective. If you change your mind, after being here a few months and you want your nickname to reflect your new views, you're out of luck. You have to keep your nickname for a year, which no longer reflects what you believe or who you are. That's a flaw, a mistake in how this forum is being managed.

The rules should allow someone to change their nickname to reflect their views. How does it hurt the forum owner to allow the user to change their nickname? Why require a whole year to pass before someone can change their nickname?

I create a lot of content for this forum, which helps with SEO and attracts traffic to the forum. The owner should encourage users to use the forum and should create some more reasonable rules concerning modifying one's nickname. I'm no longer a Christian.

This forum, doesn't allow people to grow ideologically, philosophically, theologically..etc. This is a place where we test our beliefs, we present evidence for our views and we read the evidence presented by others for their perspective. If you change your mind, after being here a few months and you want your nickname to reflect your new views, you're out of luck. You have to keep your nickname for a year, which no longer reflects what you believe or who you are. That's a flaw, a mistake in how this forum is being managed.

The rules should allow someone to change their nickname to reflect their views. How does it hurt the forum owner to allow the user to change their nickname? Why require a whole year to pass before someone can change their nickname?

I create a lot of content for this forum, which helps with SEO and attracts traffic to the forum. The owner should encourage users to use the forum and should create some more reasonable rules concerning modifying one's nickname. I'm no longer a Christian.
why are you no longer a Christian ?

No shit.

No, actually I've come to the conclusion that the Jewish perspective is the most consistent with the Hebrew Bible, not the Christian interpretation of the Jewish Bible/Hebrew Bible.
There are many kinds of Christians.
I am a SABBATH observing Christian AS JESUS WAS. I am a Holy Day observing Christian AS JESUS WAS.
I don't believe heaven is the reward of the saved, as the Scriptures teach.

Not everyone is from Catholicism/Protestantism but Im not ashamed to call myself Christian

“For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels”

How is the forum to be blamed for your mental instability? Is it really the right place for you? What if you "grow" again and want your content gone?

How does it hurt the forum owner to allow the user to change their nickname? Why require a whole year to pass before someone can change their nickname?
This I get.
When I changed my name to Carl....In....Ann Arbor I never imagined so many here were as stupid as they are. When I get the chance, it'll be Carl. Just Carl.

I believe the Jewish understanding of the Hebrew Bible is correct and Christians are wrong.
It is not possible to just become a Jew. You will have to find a community that accepts proselytes, most don´t. Then you will have to pass through the Giyur, the process to become a Jew. It means you will have to learn and follow over 600 commandments within two years.

Oh Shit. Was it something I said? :eusa_angel:
I'm guessing he is a flaming democrat, and as such, feels better being Jewish because most Jews in the US are Leftists.

Problem is, Jew haters are taking over the DNC, so he very well may be hiding in attics soon.

Leftism is the biggest religion in the world today.

It is not possible to just become a Jew. You will have to find a community that accepts proselytes, most don´t. Then you will have to pass through the Giyur, the process to become a Jew. It means you will have to learn and follow over 600 commandments within two years.
He didn't say he wants to officially enter the Jewish faith.

This is why forethought is an important part of decision making.

This is why forethought is an important part of decision making.
Maybe a neutral or generic nick, but that undermines the user experience. I don't see what's the big deal to allow users to change their nicknames. Some will keep their nicknames forever, indefinitely and others will modify them. It's just more freedom and options for the forum users. Don't users already contribute content to the forum, attracting traffic?

I'm guessing he is a flaming democrat, and as such, feels better being Jewish because most Jews in the US are Leftists.

Problem is, Jew haters are taking over the DNC, so he very well may be hiding in attics soon.

Leftism is the biggest religion in the world today.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican.

You're wrong about the 600 commandments and no I don't have to do much to convert to Judaism, being that I'm half Jewish. My father is Jewish. I would need to convert because my mother is Roman Catholic, but it wouldn't be difficult for me to do that, I already personally know a few good rabbis here in NYC.

You don't have to convert to Judaism to serve YHWH and please Him. You can remain a non-Jew and keep the seven laws of Noach, among other commandments and practices. You can attend synagogue as a Noachide or Ben Noach.

This I get.
When I changed my name to Carl....In....Ann Arbor I never imagined so many here were as stupid as they are. When I get the chance, it'll be Carl. Just Carl.
Carlin Ann Arbor
as opposed to
Carl In Ann Arbor

And you blame others for your error?
Let me guess...MAGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back