Cessna 414 -- Inspired by Billy_Kinetta

I was playing flight simulators probably long before the OP knew how to turn on a computer.

My first was Flight Sim 4.0, then a huge upgrade to flight sim 95. The last I played was FSX and that was in 2006. I find Xplane too difficult to learn. It's not intuitive at all. Being a real pilot I know a Cessna ain't hard to fly so it shouldn't take an act of congress to try to figure out how to start the engine.

But I fly other flight sims that are war games. I've been flying the IL2 series since 2003. I also used to fly Janes f-18 and Lock On. For a game that came out in 2003 Lock on still looks awesome if you can manage to get it to run on modern operating systems.

Me too. Still have FS95 on the old P90 comp. It of course has the World Trade Center and Meigs Field.

Yes I know, really kinda sad. Both are gone forever.

If you want a challenge, try either a Cessna 190 without crosswind gear OR a Stinson Gullwing. For me, with both of those, once was philosophy. Twice? Now that would have been perversion! (190 is not a typo- there weren't many to start with)

Oh, and masochism is your choice, a Cessna T-50 (bamboo bomber) with a crazed instructor throwing you an engine-out on takeoff. And pray you never have to do it for real.

Forum List

Back