CERN Large Hadron Collider Fires Up Tomorrow

Ah yes, say nothing for 2 pages, declare victory. You will fit right in around here. ;)
Now "F-" Indeed, never supply any substance but, at all costs, maintain some pretense of authority! That does appear to be your modus operandi here. Asked tens of simple questions, you (normally the man ready with answers) have elected to punt every time. No sir, absolutely no definitive responses will be coming from you. Must keep feebly projecting instead. Wow, looks like Moonglow has suddenly taken to humping your leg.. Weird.. Must mean you're on a roll! Keep digging.. China can't be much further now..

No problems there. The smaller a black hole, the more quick its rate of evaporation. They evaporate nearly instantly.
Problems there. "They evaporate" meaning what exactly? Like a small puddle of water turning into water vapor? How do you know? Smaller than what, a bread basket? Link(s)?

The facts are: CERN's Large Hadron Collider fires up on July 5th after a hiatus of some time. They're going to smash some particles together and watch what happens.

Yep. I think they are upping the power by 10-fold, by narrowing the beam to a fraction of a human hair to a level of something like several hundred trillion election volts to see what lays beyond the Higgs Boson.

They are manmade particles.
A pentaquark is a collection of particles. So is an atom.
Again, bam! Definitive answers. Links apparently superfluous. You be The Answer Man! Except, apparently when I ask you simple questions seeking no more than a "Yes" or "No" response.. You've made these pentaquarks in your garage, have you? "{A}ctually made them and measured them"? So, a "pentaquark" is a particle, yes or no? An "atom" is a particle, yes or no? Or might they be collections of particles perhaps? Those collections being particulate parts of some larger collection of particles, no? A molecule perhaps? Again, can you say "gibberish"? I know you could if you had any interest in being honest instead of sounding authoritative while being selectively evasive here.. But, but, my favorite Standard Model Gods say yada, yada.. so it simply must all be true and make perfect sense! If one dares question it, they shall surely Burn In Hell!.. or evaporate.. ..sublimate.. or something..

It's a concept in a model. Yes, the co cept changes, as we learn more.
Point remains, as my link made plain:
A particle is thus a collapsed wave function. But what in the world does that mean? Why does observation cause a distended mathematical function to collapse and a concrete particle to appear? And what decides the measurement’s outcome? Nearly a century later, physicists have no idea.
It's gibberish. Even they know it and now admit it. Why not just admit it yourself and move on?

Now "F-" Indeed, never supply any substance but, at all costs, maintain some pretense of authority! That does appear to be your modus operandi here. Asked tens of simple questions, you (normally the man ready with answers) have elected to punt every time. No sir, absolutely no definitive responses will be coming from you. Must keep feebly projecting instead. Wow, looks like Moonglow has suddenly taken to humping your leg.. Weird.. Must mean you're on a roll! Keep digging.. China can't be much further now..
I am not your assistant. If you have points, just make them. Very simple.

I am not your assistant. If you have points, just make them. Very simple.
Hey, likewise. And should you ever tire of simply posing and projecting, do let me know.. I've been making my points all along. You just disagree and refuse to discuss why.. in this.. a place well designed for lengthy, meaningful discussion. "I don't know" always remains an honest option.. "I don't care enough to really get into it" another..

Hey, likewise. And should you ever tire of simply posing and projecting, do let me know.. I've been making my points all along. You just disagree and refuse to discuss why.. in this.. a place well designed for lengthy, meaningful discussion. "I don't know" always remains an honest option.. "I don't care enough to really get into it" another..
Your points seem more like large, amorphous blobs.

Particles they are NOT. ;)

"The Nobel Prize in Physics 2013 was awarded jointly to François Englert and Peter W. Higgs "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider."

"The Nobel Prize in Physics 2013 was awarded jointly to François Englert and Peter W. Higgs "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider."
Your point being to illustrate the fact that the quantum maniacal use the term "particle" very loosely? If so, I couldn't agree more. Seems they believe a "particle" must possess mass, no? Or did I read that wrong? What's a "theoretical discovery"? One that really exists only in theory?

Seems they believe a "particle" must possess mass, no?
Not by anything I have ever read. But it seems odd that someone like you who purports to be so informed would make up something so silly. So you're now acting for trolling purposes. Okay, knock yourself out.

Not by anything I have ever read. But it seems odd that someone like you who purports to be so informed would make up something so silly. So you're now acting for trolling purposes. Okay, knock yourself out.
How about you act like a grown up and at least try to defend the material you just cut & posted instead of personally attacking your interlocutor for a change?

Forum List

Back