CERN Large Hadron Collider Fires Up Tomorrow

Space research has given us many benefits that we now take for granted right here on Earth.

There are massive resources available in our solar system that we can access when we advance further and are able to reduce the costs of launching.

The possibilities are endless.

Our government wastes far more money with inefficiency than what is actually invested into space.

You seem to think that those things would never have existed without the space program. They would have it might have taken a little longer but we would still have the most beneficial of those things

The facts are: CERN's Large Hadron Collider fires up on July 5th after a hiatus of some time. They're going to smash some particles together and watch what happens.

The conspiracies are mostly from Stranger Things fans I guess, a show I never watched (though, as a long time Kate Bush fan, the new interest in her is something else). However, being an amateur space nut, you do wonder if this rips a portal through spacetime.

My response: okay. Things are pretty well screwed here anyway.

We are about to find out if antimatter exists. I am excited about this, also a bit apprehensive. We know that a fission reaction can be very violent as can a FUSSION reaction like our sun. I just hope they have done enough experimentation to know what is going to likely occur when they do this. ITs not just the collision, it's the collateral damage that follows that collision.

You seem to think that those things would never have existed without the space program. They would have it might have taken a little longer but we would still have the most beneficial of those things
Without all that research and investment, you wouldn't be able to post that.

Fact is, many companies are now making the investment and can see the potential.

Fact is, many companies are now making the investment and can see the potential.

The internet would still exist without NASA as it was actually ARPA not NASA that began the research

And really NASA was nothing but a child of the Red Scare so yes there was an acceleration of the research but the reality is that we were already heading in that direction

Well Petro that may be true but I say we got too big for our britches and should have stopped while we were ahead.
Also if not for technology we would all be sitting home with our family and friends instead of robots and strangers online.
We may not be AI yet but in some ways we act like it.

Space research has given us many benefits that we now take for granted right here on Earth.

There are massive resources available in our solar system that we can access when we advance further and are able to reduce the costs of launching.

The possibilities are endless.

Our government wastes far more money with inefficiency than what is actually invested into space.

We don't live as long now. Use to be that generations lived longer than their parents, now we have shorter more unhealthy lives.

The internet would still exist without NASA as it was actually ARPA not NASA that began the research

And really NASA was nothing but a child of the Red Scare so yes there was an acceleration of the research but the reality is that we were already heading in that direction

So we give red a bad name? Reminds me of a song.:) Only it shot through the sky instead of heart. Or maybe even rocket man.
Yes I admit I have a thinking problem.

I know Einstein expressed regret. Oppenheimer , not so sure
Many try to paint Oppenheimer as a warmonger, but he was more genuinely sorry for his role than Einstein ever made clear. “I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad-Gita,” he said. “‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’ I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.”

The one fact all scientists agree on is that we have a working knowledge of only about 5% of the matter and energy in the universe

But they'll run headlong into smashing some particles together to see what happens.

After watching "the experts" in action during the Covid mess, not only does this not surprise me, it's expected.

We are about to find out if antimatter exists. I am excited about this, also a bit apprehensive. We know that a fission reaction can be very violent as can a FUSSION reaction like our sun. I just hope they have done enough experimentation to know what is going to likely occur when they do this. ITs not just the collision, it's the collateral damage that follows that collision.

"Trust the science"

Uh-huh. After 2020, 2021, and this year, I would put my trust level at wow....really, really low at any rate. So I kinda feel like if the LHC, and the planet, and possibly the universe makes it through today? Big win.

"We are about to find out if antimatter exists."
Uh, no. We are not. We're about to see a show put on at great public expense. One designed to try and substantiate the continued funding of this club for the world's wealthiest academic brats to play around in, act all cutting edgy, and yammer the same mindless crap the previous generation used to fake its way through. Get serious? Never.

Many try to paint Oppenheimer as a warmonger, but he was more genuinely sorry for his role than Einstein ever made clear. “I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad-Gita,” he said. “‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’ I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.”
Why do you take that as regret?

MAybe he was relishing the power

But they'll run headlong into smashing some particles together to see what happens.

After watching "the experts" in action during the Covid mess, not only does this not surprise me, it's expected.
CERN creates "high energy impacts", but it is only imparting about 13 TeV of energy on the particles it accelerates. By comparison,

"1 TeV is about the energy of motion of a flying mosquito."

CERN creates "high energy impacts", but it is only imparting about 13 TeV of energy on the particles it accelerates. By comparison,

"1 TeV is about the energy of motion of a flying mosquito."

But they aren't playing with mosquitos. They don't know what they're playing with. Rather like the mRNA shots...but hey release the hounds! They're sure it will work out fine.

The facts are: CERN's Large Hadron Collider fires up on July 5th after a hiatus of some time. They're going to smash some particles together and watch what happens.

The conspiracies are mostly from Stranger Things fans I guess, a show I never watched (though, as a long time Kate Bush fan, the new interest in her is something else). However, being an amateur space nut, you do wonder if this rips a portal through spacetime.

My response: okay. Things are pretty well screwed here anyway.

Large hadron collider finds evidence of three never-before-seen particles. Alan Boyle, universe today 6 July 2022 three exotic types of particles discovered, two four quark combinations known as tetraquarks and a five quark unit called a Pentaquark. Let's hope they don't create the seven quark type, that would obliterate this world. These humans don't know what they're dealing with.

Actually, most of those things we consider to be "benefits of the space program", such microwave ovens, Teflon, and the computer mouse, were commercially available or in late-stage development, before they were integrated into the manned space program.

Other things, such as memory foam, were developed by NASA, but for a purpose other than the space program. Memory foam was developed as part of a NASA Ames Research Center project to improve the safety of airline seats.

Forum List

Back