Census Bureau: California still has highest U.S. poverty rate

You are a fucking moron. The entire state of California is in a drought.
Yet anyone can go to Walmart and buy california grapes that are fat with water, you can buy our almonds, and our lettuce.

Take a look at the grapes and lettuce in the supermarket and ask yourself, what does seaswytch know

Fuck you and your water wasting state!
You eat fresh vegetables, they come from us, don't eat grapes lettuce, or almonds.

Then you tell us to fuck off, until then we keep fucking you. Like in gay marriage.

Fuck you and your water wasting state. I get the majority of my fruit and veggies from south America.
Bullshit, you get some depending on the season.

Facts are facts,

You dont know shit about the growing season in south America obviously.

Yet anyone can go to Walmart and buy california grapes that are fat with water, you can buy our almonds, and our lettuce.

Take a look at the grapes and lettuce in the supermarket and ask yourself, what does seaswytch know

Fuck you and your water wasting state!
You eat fresh vegetables, they come from us, don't eat grapes lettuce, or almonds.

Then you tell us to fuck off, until then we keep fucking you. Like in gay marriage.

Fuck you and your water wasting state. I get the majority of my fruit and veggies from south America.
Bullshit, you get some depending on the season.

Facts are facts,

You dont know shit about the growing season in south America obviously.
Of course, only you know. I have lived in South America for years, eating farofa, but you go ahead and run your mouth.

“Huh, whoda thunk it?”

This fails as a post hoc fallacy, there's no evidence the state's level of poverty is a consequence of its economic or political policies. Indeed, 22.3% of Mississippians live below the poverty level, in essence the same as California; should one ascribe that fact to the economic and political policies of Mississippi.

Mississippi QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

“Huh, whoda thunk it?”

This fails as a post hoc fallacy, there's no evidence the state's level of poverty is a consequence of its economic or political policies. Indeed, 22.3% of Mississippians live below the poverty level, in essence the same as California; should one ascribe that fact to the economic and political policies of Mississippi.

Mississippi QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Laughable is your post, politics do not effect the economy?

And that friends, is pure stupidity.

Maybe some don't realize how diverse California is. Hard to put California in the category of a state. I have property in the north, lot of farm land, everybody has guns, vote republican. Where I live in southern california most of the time, where there are supposedly liberals, all I can get when driving is Hannity and limbaugh. Lots of poverty, lots of wealth. California has almost everything like it was a country. If it was, it would be the seventh or eighth largest economy in the world. Anyway, the drought is a worry, and the San Andreas fault is a bigger worry.

"
California continues to have – by far – the nation’s highest level of poverty under an alternative method devised by the Census Bureau that takes into account both broader measures of income and the cost of living.

Nearly a quarter of the state’s 38 million residents (8.9 million) live in poverty, a new Census Bureau report says, a level virtually unchanged since the agency first began reporting on the method’s effects."

Read more here: Census Bureau California still has highest U.S. poverty rate The Sacramento Bee

Huh, whoda thunk it?

It has the most people moron.

Which bag of m&m has more red? The bag of 100, or 100 Million?

California is one of the most liberal states in the union, and is totally controlled by Democrats. And a number of its cities have declared them selves "Amnesty zones", opening their facilities to all illegal aliens and promising not to kick them out or prosecute them.

Of course it has the highest poverty rate. What else did you expect?
you do realize that many other states have sanctuary cities too right?.....Texas has 13....second highest....

You gotta love Californians. Some of the biggest environmental nut jobs on the planet yet they waste water by turning a desert into a state of water guzzlers second to none.
Then they accuse the rest of the country of being harmful to the environment.
The land of fruits and nuts indeed.
and yet this land of "fruits" and "nuts" has had the best economy for quite a while now and has been a leader in innovation for decades....its funny how when Cal was doing great so many fell over themselves to try and live here and now with its downturn people like you start the kicking....as Spock would say.....Fascinating....

I wouldnt live there if you paid me.
And you didnt address my main point. The state of California does more environmental damage than any state in the country.
America s 10 Most Polluted States

You would be wrong.

And try living in Washington State, people with cancer from Hanford would love your deserts. ;)

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem.
Okay, dude.

"
California continues to have – by far – the nation’s highest level of poverty under an alternative method devised by the Census Bureau that takes into account both broader measures of income and the cost of living.

Nearly a quarter of the state’s 38 million residents (8.9 million) live in poverty, a new Census Bureau report says, a level virtually unchanged since the agency first began reporting on the method’s effects."

Read more here: Census Bureau California still has highest U.S. poverty rate The Sacramento Bee

Huh, whoda thunk it?

The biggest reason is that the 'alternative method' measures income vs cost of living, including housing of course, which is very high in California.

Actually it is far more detailed.....http://www.census.gov/content/dam/C...ml=gd&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
The SPM extends the official poverty measure by taking account of
many of the government programs designed to assist low-income
families and individuals that are not included in the current official
poverty measure

And far more accurate.

All it means is that a person in California with the same income plus benefits is poorer than a person in, say, Alabama,

because the cost of living is higher in California.

Forum List

Back