CDC Suppressed Data Showing Firearms Are Used Defensively 60k-2.5M Times Per Year, Due To Pressure From Leftist Activists

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Seems that facts no longer matter for anything, and everything is political....

CDC removed stats on defensive gun use over pressure from gun control activists: Report

The CDC commissioned the gun use study itself, but removed it last year​

The stats sourced from a CDC-commissioned study finding that instances of defensive gun use occur between 60,000 and 2.5 million times per year. References to that study were deleted from the site following private meetings with gun control advocates in 2021, emails obtained and published by The Reload show.

"[T]hat 2.5 Million number needs to be killed, buried, dug up, killed again and buried again," Mark Bryant, executive director of the Gun Violence Archive, wrote to the CDC in one of the emails. "It is highly misleading, is used out of context and I honestly believe it has zero value – even as an outlier point in honest DGU discussions."

"And while that very small study by Gary Kleck has been debunked repeatedly by everyone from all sides of this issue [even Kleck] it still remains canon by gun rights folks and their supporting politicians and is used as a blunt instrument against gun safety regulations every time there is a state or federal level hearing," Bryant's email continued. "Put simply, in the time that study has been published as ‘a CDC Study’ gun violence prevention policy has ground to a halt, in no small part because of the misinformation that small study provided."

CDC plans to release new data after cooking the numbers.

CDC removed stats on defensive gun use over pressure from gun control activists: Report

The stats sourced from a CDC-commissioned study finding that instances of defensive gun use occur between 60,000 and 2.5 million times per year. References to that study were deleted from the site following private meetings with gun control advocates in 2021, emails obtained and published by The Reload show.

"[T]hat 2.5 Million number needs to be killed, buried, dug up, killed again and buried again," Mark Bryant, executive director of the Gun Violence Archive, wrote to the CDC in one of the emails. "It is highly misleading, is used out of context and I honestly believe it has zero value – even as an outlier point in honest DGU discussions."

"And while that very small study by Gary Kleck has been debunked repeatedly by everyone from all sides of this issue [even Kleck] it still remains canon by gun rights folks and their supporting politicians and is used as a blunt instrument against gun safety regulations every time there is a state or federal level hearing," Bryant's email continued. "Put simply, in the time that study has been published as ‘a CDC Study’ gun violence prevention policy has ground to a halt, in no small part because of the misinformation that small study provided."

The CDC conned us all with all those horror tales about COVID 19 being so deadly when Johns Hopkins statistics proved that the death rate for COVID infected was only 1.1%. That means that 98.9% of people who caught COVID survived it. Does anybody trust Uncle Jojo and his gang of clowns anymore?

Last edited:
Are you trying to tell me that my own government doesn't want to to own any firearms, and that they'd actually lie to me to make me think I don't need any?

I am truly disappointed. :206:
The Liberal Dumbocrats are obsessed with conformity. They are afraid of guns and they don't feel secure unless everyone else fears them, too.

My brother in law was a Liberal Democrat. He joined the US Army in 1956 and served 2 years. When he came home, he was still afraid of guns because all his relatives were.

Last edited:
The Liberal Dumbocrats are obsessed with conformity. They are afraid of guns and they don't feel secure unless everyone else fears them, too.

While at the same time, they project their own insecurities on you, claiming that gun owners are "compensating" for some feelings of "inadequacy."

Damned right I'm "compensating." If I could reach out 100 yards with my wiener and take someone's head off, I wouldn't need a gun.

CDC is a garbage organization at this point.

Lies are no problem for them. They'll put out any message their political counterparts want them to. Just a corrupt bunch of hacks, like much of the government at this point.

No sane person believes there are 2.5M shootouts a year

Few believe there are 60,000 shootouts a year.

Its good to see a governmental organization acknowledge and correct an error they made.

Its good to see a governmental organization acknowledge and correct an error they made.
And, as you have no doubt been informed multiple times, a DGU doesn't have to involve a gun being fired. Merely showing an assailant that one is armed is often sufficient to send him in search of weaker prey, and qualifies as a DGU. After all, it would be impossible without having a gun. This is something that hard-core anti-gun fanatics tend to avoid.

Very few instances of self-defense involves an actual shooting. If you came at someone with a knife and they pulled a gun on you, wouldn't you stop or run the other way?

Here is an archive of the CDC webpage from Sep 10, 2021....

1671147097397.png

(report link above is dead, of course, but I found it here... [Link] )

Last edited:
Has your guns prevented any crimes? Ever?

Please tell us some details

At this point our government hasn't murdered 15 million of us......meanwhile, between 1939-1945 Europe, after taking guns away from people using all of the excuses you use........murdered 15 million innocent men, women and children.......

15 million murdered in Europe in 6 years.

In the United States......total gun murder for the entire 246 year history of our country?

Around 2,460,000..........

We don't even get close to their number.....and you don't want to even look at that truth.

Forum List

Back