CBS News Spills Beans, Whitehouse Press Briefings are staged and rehearsed, Cover-up

Yep, go for the attack on the messanger since you can not with any semblance of logic, challenge the content.

"It was a very busy day. We started here shortly after 8 o'clock with a coffee with press secretary Jay Carney inside his office in the West Wing," says the reporter.

"And this was the off-the-record so we were able to ask him all about some of the preparation that he does on a regular basis for talking to the press in his daily press briefings. He showed us a very long list of items that he has to be well versed on every single day.

"And then he also mentioned that a lot of times, unless it's something breaking, the questions that the reporters actually ask -- the correspondents -- they are provided to him in advance. So then he knows what he's going to be answering and sometimes those correspondents and reporters also have those answers printed in front of them, because of course it helps when they're producing their reports for later on. So that was very interesting."
Version 1 of Catherine's Statement.

"It seems much had been inferred about my observations following my White House visit yesterday. First, I did not take notes during our coffee with Jay Carney because it was off the record. But when I referenced the meeting in my live reports I did say that it was a great opportunity to talk about the challenges of his day and how he has to be so well-versed on many topics each day. In my live report I also wanted to share my impression of my experience in getting a question answered during the briefing. I was indeed asked to provide my question in advance. Because my question was largely of local interest, I chose to save it for my interview with the President instead. My mistake was to lump that experience with my coffee meeting reference, inadvertently giving Mr. Carney credit for that when in fact it did not come from him. I regret giving anyone the impression that it was from conversation I had with Mr. Carney. I do not attend those briefings regularly and cannot speak directly to the process for non-visiting journalists. None of my observations stemmed from my off-the-record meeting with Jay Carney."

version 2 of the statement clarification of 1.

"Last night during my live reports from the White House I attempted to describe the highlights of the day. I was speaking off the cuff and unscripted and in the process I made two major mistakes: I reported an off the record conversation and what I reported was not accurate. I took a conversation about the preparation for a press briefing and muddied it with my own experience of wanting to provide a question for the press briefing. I incorrectly applied the process to everyone. That was wrong and it was bad reporting. But it was not intentional and I would never purposely report inaccurate information. The White House never asked for my questions in advance and never instructed me what to ask. I chose to provide one of my questions in advance of the press briefing because I wanted to make sure it would have broad appeal. I did not attribute or report factually last night and for that I deeply apologize. I pride myself on truth and objectivity. I sincerely regret any harm I've caused and I hope that you will continue to place your trust in the hardworking journalists who make up CBS 5 News."

version 3 of the statement after version 2 flopped since she still admitted to being asked to provide the question in advance.

But go ahead and believe she was deliberately trying to destroy her own career. I mean, it makes perfect sense in liberal fantasyland.

:eusa_whistle:

I tried explaining it to you, but no, you insist on some conspiracy of all the WH Press corps, which would necessarily have to be happening for your random AZ CBS chick to be the right one here (being smashed by the tyrants in the WH, I guess)

-- and all the other WH Press Corps -- including Fox and the other con media, who say, no mang, we don't submit questions - are wrong.

I guess their all just covering for Obamy Kabammy, eh?

Fox News White House correspondent Ed Henry said she was "dead wrong"

Jake Tapper, no friend of O -- " no, I have never in any way submitted questions ahead of time to anyone at the White House for any reason."

Steve Thomma, senior White House correspondent for McClatchy and president of the White House Correspondents Association : "I've never heard of a scripted set up before a briefing."

Oh, and all the other WH Press Corp who were asked -- said: No.

They must be part of the Con-Spear-O-see.

See?

Yeah, ok. Clearly she was looking to destroy her own career. Or was on drugs, or some other excuse for flip flopping arouns statements, back peddling and destrpying her own credibility as a journalist.

I'm sure she just mispoke a few times until she got it right.

Wow...I never realized Conservatives are so dillusional

"ANAYA: We started here shortly after eight o'clock with a coffee with press secretary Jay Carney, and this was off the record. He showed us a very long list of items that he has to be well versed on every single day. Um, and then he also mentioned that, um, a lot of times, unless it's something breaking, the questions that the reporters actually asked were the correspondents', they were provided him in advance. So then he knows what he's going to be answering, and sometimes those correspondents and reporters also have those answers printed in front of them. Because, of course, it helps when they're producing their reports for later on."

Yeah, Conservatives are "so delusional". And you wonder why the Left's poll numbers are falling. All you have are lies.

Wow...I never realized Conservatives are so dillusional

"ANAYA: We started here shortly after eight o'clock with a coffee with press secretary Jay Carney, and this was off the record. He showed us a very long list of items that he has to be well versed on every single day. Um, and then he also mentioned that, um, a lot of times, unless it's something breaking, the questions that the reporters actually asked were the correspondents', they were provided him in advance. So then he knows what he's going to be answering, and sometimes those correspondents and reporters also have those answers printed in front of them. Because, of course, it helps when they're producing their reports for later on."

Yeah, Conservatives are "so delusional". And you wonder why the Left's poll numbers are falling. All you have are lies.

She mispoke a couple of times. You know, because every journalist goes out of their way to completely destroy their crediblity.

Yeah, ok. Clearly she was looking to destroy her own career. Or was on drugs, or some other excuse for flip flopping arouns statements, back peddling and destrpying her own credibility as a journalist.

Or she, you know, fucked up.

Nah, that can't be it. People don't make mistakes.

Why don't you address all the scads of people who. are. actually. IN. the. WH. Press Corp -- and who, know the facts -- who all say no, it doesn't happen?

Why?

Why?

yeah, she fucked up. Not once, not twice but thrice!

I wonder if those "it doesn't happen" crowd like their job? I bet they would certainly come forward and say "yeah, we do that, and we haven't bothered to tell you because we want to retain our journalist integrity." And more over, keep the job they have.

In the end it doesn't really matter, does it? You think the white house press corp., or Jay Carney is gonna come out and say "you got us. We do that, yeah."

Just how fuckign stupid are you? It doesn't really matter. I'm sure you have it nailed. She was all like Jay Carney said, and then was like well, no actually i made that up except they did in fact ask for my question in advance. I mean, um, no that never happened either. Sorry.

makes sense.

bUT.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo....

Conspira-see.jpg

WHO BUT THE left-wing nutjob apologists and hypocrites here is surprised this Administration spews propaganda through staged press conferences?

idiots and hypocrites

Or she, you know, fucked up.

Nah, that can't be it. People don't make mistakes.

Why don't you address all the scads of people who. are. actually. IN. the. WH. Press Corp -- and who, know the facts -- who all say no, it doesn't happen?

Why?

Why?

Or, we could take the word of Jay Carney, who's the Press Secretary...nah, we already know he's a liar, so he was probably just telling her that so he could impress her. Silly us for taking her seriously.

I don't know which I find more more amusing - that the USMB Wingnut Brigade just found out that this type of stuff goes on, or that they believe it just started with Obama. :lol:

if you have proof it started with prior presidents, post it otherwise you are just another libertool :up:

it has been proven a lie already by Rush the Patriot.

If you have proof no other administration has done this, post it; otherwise you're just a gullible and partisan nitwit.

I don't know which I find more more amusing - that the USMB Wingnut Brigade just found out that this type of stuff goes on, or that they believe it just started with Obama. :lol:

if you have proof it started with prior presidents, post it otherwise you are just another libertool :up:

it has been proven a lie already by Rush the Patriot.

If you have proof no other administration has done this, post it; otherwise you're just a gullible and partisan nitwit.

You want someone to prove a negative?

:lmao:

You made the assertion that this is common and has been the case through history. So show the evidence for it.

You guys are amusing little logic-free meatbags.

It's cute watching conspiracy theorists grab a new milkbone to chew on.

:lol:

MmmmHHmmm. Once you've failed to show any ability to refute the inconsistencies in this journailsts stories, the nesxt move is of course Ad hom. Because that IS the last refuge of an argument fully lost.

But we can already see you have 2 tweets and some appeal to authoirty fallacy as the basis for your argument. While I present reasonable doubt that she simply "fucked up".

:eusa_boohoo:

Go play in the corner, fella.

Forum List

Back