Careful Of That Big Virus On This Site...

I just got a warning from my Avast antivirus that I was opening an application which might be potentially unsafe. All I had open were three USMB windows. I was starting to post a thread in one. So I don't know where the app could have come from other than this site ... perhaps one of the ad links?

Avast suggested that I open it in the "sandbox" until I was sure it was safe. I opted to shut off the computer.

In lieu of attempting a screenshot I jotted down the origin Avast gave for the file:

www.vermarts.com/neoncountry/673846582892

Last edited:
About 30 minutes ago with only the USMB homepage open I got this message about exploit.drop.7 trying to execute on my computer. This is the first time I've seen this message. I turned off my computer, restarted, deleted the .exe file, and am now going to try to figure out how to tell if I have the infection or if I stopped it in time.

malware_cropped_b.jpg

I got hit with something that attempted to install Vista Anti-Virus on my computer. there was also something else.

Let me know when you get it fixed, USMB.

I haven't detected it in awhile. So i think they nailed it. Thank you USMB Wizards. :)

Yeah I think the "general" site had it last week. I think it was in a link to a post. By the time my firewall identified it it was in my computer. It took me the better part of a day to get rid of it. It pretended to be a security program and was infested with pop-ups that would not go away.
That's a pretty common way of infiltration. BLOCK all pop-ups

Yeah,i thought it was gone. But it's still lurking here somewhere. Hope they can get on this.

It could be from some posters here who don't like your posts. Could be attacking individual posters. Who knows? I just hope they can solve this problem soon. I really do like this site.

I haven't been hit in a couple of days, but I haven't been on much in the last couple of days either. I got hit on Monday with it, though.

Forum List

Back