Carbon Pollution Fuels Superwarm January, Hottest 12 Months On Record

What retreat?

Been saying the Damn thing for 40 years. The climate changes....

Big FUCKING deal.

Would that be the same thing as "So what"?

View attachment 63727

I thought so. Go to the head of the denier class. Most of your classmates still think that the whole thing is a Gore conspiracy which purpose is so sinister, that no one can figure out what his goal is.

which purpose is so sinister, that no one can figure out what his goal is.

It's the same as every made up crisis, more government spending, more government power and more taxes.

I'd take it more seriously if the libs were pushing a real solution like nuclear, instead of unreliable solar and wind.

Ah HA! Now we get to the root of this evil conspiracy! Liberals have decided that if we increase government spending (presumably on cleaner carbon emissions), government power, and taxes, then that would put the liberals in a winning position......somehow......

I'll bet that gay marriage is somehow tied into this plot!

Liberals have decided that if we increase government spending (presumably on cleaner carbon emissions), government power, and taxes, then that would put the liberals in a winning position......somehow......

I guess you should ask the Obama donors who received taxpayer funds for "green energy" if they feel they won.

If warmers were serious about giving us reliable energy that released no CO2, they'd back nuclear.
Maybe you can explain why they don't?

Liberals have decided that if we increase government spending (presumably on cleaner carbon emissions), government power, and taxes, then that would put the liberals in a winning position......somehow......

I guess you should ask the Obama donors who received taxpayer funds for "green energy" if they feel they won.

If warmers were serious about giving us reliable energy that released no CO2, they'd back nuclear.
Maybe you can explain why they don't?
Because Nuclear Power will cost 500 Billion dollars, while Renewable Energy will cost 76$ Trillion, Banks make a lot more lending trillions.

Mind telling us where you get those numbers?

I'm also curious why you would try to draw some distinction between "alternative energy" and nuclear power. They are both technologies which will provide power without carbon emissions. I have no objection to nuclear power. That would make your argument here a red herring.

I'm also curious why you would try to draw some distinction between "alternative energy" and nuclear power. They are both technologies which will provide power without carbon emissions. I have no objection to nuclear power. That would make your argument here a red herring.
Wind Turbines and Solar do not provide power, sure, a little. But they are like a gadget, something you make with coal energy.

Those numbers, where do I get them? I read, I read the studies you guys quote, I read the links you guys give and pull them out of the links.

$76 Trillion to Engineer a Green Economy?

In a recently released World Economic and Social Survey entitled “The Great Green Technological Transformation,” the U.N. says our governments need to spend $1.9 trillion a year for 40 years in order to successfully transition to a global green economy. That’s a $76 trillion price tag for the green initiative, an initiative that won’t bring about economic prosperity nor improve our environmental well being.

Because Nuclear Power will cost 500 Billion dollars, while Renewable Energy will cost 76$ Trillion, Banks make a lot more lending trillions.

Yeah, I'm sure she would mind....because...she claims this....
Those numbers, where do I get them? I read, I read the studies you guys quote, I read the links you guys give and pull them out of the links.

.....but the reality of her source is this...."dailysignal.com/2011/07/14/76-trillion-to-engineer-a-green-economy"

...and the creators of that fraudulent source of lies and bullshit is The Heritage Foundation...a rightwing propaganda outlet funded by the Koch brothers, Mobil Oil, and a host of ultra-conservative foundations that were founded by oil and coal barrons and that have enormous investments in the fossil fuel industry.

Heritage Foundation
SourceWatch
Founded in 1973, The Heritage Foundation is a right-wing think tank. Its stated mission is to formulate and promote public policies based on the principles of "free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."[1] It is widely considered one of the world's most influential public policy research institutes. The Foundation wields considerable influence in Washington DC, and enjoyed particular prominence during the Reagan administration.

The Heritage Foundation launched a news site, "The Daily Signal", on June 3, 2014. The Washington Post reported the site started with an annual budget of $1 million and a staff of 12, most "drawn from news organizations with conservative leanings" including The Washington Times, the National Review, Fox News, and the Washington Examiner.[4]

Its initial funding was provided by Joseph Coors, of the Coors beer empire, and Richard Mellon Scaife, heir of the Mellon industrial and banking fortune. Its founders include Paul Weyrich and Mickey Edwards. The Foundation maintains strong ties with the London Institute of Economic Affairs and the Mont Pelerin Society.

The Heritage Foundation has received funding from organizations with connections to the Koch brothers. In 2012, the Heritage Foundation received $650,000 from the Claude R. Lambe Foundation, which was one of the Koch Family Foundations before it closed in 2013. The Lambe Foundation contributed at least $4.8 million to the Heritage Foundation between 1998 and 2012.

In recent years, the Heritage Foundation has also received funding from Donors Trust and Donors Capital Fund, including $53,300 in 2010 and $69,850 in 2012. The Koch brothers have donated millions of dollars to Donors Trust through the Knowledge and Progress Fund, and possibly other vehicles. Between 2001 and 2010, the Foundation received $3.38 million from the conservative Bradley Foundation.[41]

With a "long history of receiving large donations from overseas," Heritage continued to rake in a minimum of several hundred thousand dollars from Taiwan and South Korea each year through the 1990s, according to Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting.[42] In the autumn of 1988, the South Korean National Assembly uncovered a document revealing that Korean intelligence secretly gave $2.2 million to the Heritage Foundation during the early 1980s. In turn, Heritage established an Asian Studies Center.[43][44][45] There was also a connection between Heritage and the Rev. Sun Myung Moon (founder of the "Moonies" as well as of the Washington Times). This first appeared in a 1975 congressional investigation on the Korean Central Intelligence Agency (KCIA) activities in the US. The report noted, "In 1975, Ed Feulner ... was introduced to KCIA station chief Kim Yung Hwan by Neil Salonen and Dan Feffernan of the Freedom Leadership foundation". Salonen was head of Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church in the United States. The Freedom Leadership Foundation (FLF), a political arm of Moon's Unification network, was linked to the World Anti-Communist League.[43][44] The Wall Street Journal also reported that between 1993 and 1996, Heritage received almost $1 million from the Korea Foundation, which reportedly "serves as a direct conduit of money from the South Korean government."[42]

.....but the reality of her source is this...."dailysignal.com/2011/07/14/76-trillion-to-engineer-a-green-economy"

...and the creators of that fraudulent source of lies and bullshit is The Heritage Foundation...a rightwing propaganda outlet funded by the Koch brothers, Mobil Oil, and a host of ultra-conservative foundations that were founded by oil and coal barrons and that have enormous investments in the fossil fuel industry.

Heritage Foundation
SourceWatch
Founded in 1973, The Heritage Foundation is a right-wing think tank. Its stated mission is to formulate and promote public policies based on the principles of "free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense."[1] It is widely considered one of the world's most influential public policy research institutes. The Foundation wields considerable influence in Washington DC, and enjoyed particular prominence during the Reagan administration.

The Heritage Foundation launched a news site, "The Daily Signal", on June 3, 2014. The Washington Post reported the site started with an annual budget of $1 million and a staff of 12, most "drawn from news organizations with conservative leanings" including The Washington Times, the National Review, Fox News, and the Washington Examiner.[4]

Its initial funding was provided by Joseph Coors, of the Coors beer empire, and Richard Mellon Scaife, heir of the Mellon industrial and banking fortune. Its founders include Paul Weyrich and Mickey Edwards. The Foundation maintains strong ties with the London Institute of Economic Affairs and the Mont Pelerin Society.

The Heritage Foundation has received funding from organizations with connections to the Koch brothers. In 2012, the Heritage Foundation received $650,000 from the Claude R. Lambe Foundation, which was one of the Koch Family Foundations before it closed in 2013. The Lambe Foundation contributed at least $4.8 million to the Heritage Foundation between 1998 and 2012.

In recent years, the Heritage Foundation has also received funding from Donors Trust and Donors Capital Fund, including $53,300 in 2010 and $69,850 in 2012. The Koch brothers have donated millions of dollars to Donors Trust through the Knowledge and Progress Fund, and possibly other vehicles. Between 2001 and 2010, the Foundation received $3.38 million from the conservative Bradley Foundation.[41]

With a "long history of receiving large donations from overseas," Heritage continued to rake in a minimum of several hundred thousand dollars from Taiwan and South Korea each year through the 1990s, according to Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting.[42] In the autumn of 1988, the South Korean National Assembly uncovered a document revealing that Korean intelligence secretly gave $2.2 million to the Heritage Foundation during the early 1980s. In turn, Heritage established an Asian Studies Center.[43][44][45] There was also a connection between Heritage and the Rev. Sun Myung Moon (founder of the "Moonies" as well as of the Washington Times). This first appeared in a 1975 congressional investigation on the Korean Central Intelligence Agency (KCIA) activities in the US. The report noted, "In 1975, Ed Feulner ... was introduced to KCIA station chief Kim Yung Hwan by Neil Salonen and Dan Feffernan of the Freedom Leadership foundation". Salonen was head of Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church in the United States. The Freedom Leadership Foundation (FLF), a political arm of Moon's Unification network, was linked to the World Anti-Communist League.[43][44] The Wall Street Journal also reported that between 1993 and 1996, Heritage received almost $1 million from the Korea Foundation, which reportedly "serves as a direct conduit of money from the South Korean government."[42]

Well, first of all, let’s break it down a bit. First up, this $76 trillion would be paid over 40 years.

http://www.ecoequity.org/2011/07/is-76-trillion-a-lot-of-money/

Wind Turbines and Solar do not provide power, sure, a little. But they are like a gadget, something you make with coal energy.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......ROTFLMFAO.......

What fresh rightwingnut insanity is this, you poor retarded wacko?

In the real world....from last July...

Global Solar Power Capacity About To Hit 200 GW
by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015
The global solar industry has been seeing exponential growth in recent years, and that’s expected to continue. After hitting about 178 GW of solar PV power capacity by the end of 2014, global solar PV capacity is expected to hit 200 GW shortly.

That’s according to German solar association BSW-Solar, anyhow. It projects that 22 GW of solar PV capacity was added worldwide in the first half of 2015, and expects 50 GW will be added in total this year. (Note that GTM Research projects 55 GW will be added, and other solar market research firms are in the general vicinity as well.)

Within the next 4 years, BSW-Solar expects the total global solar PV capacity will more than double, reaching at least 400 GW.

The markets most driving solar PV growth these days are China, Japan, the USA, and India. However, the good news is that solar PV is growing all across the world, as it has become more and more competitive very quickly. In a quickly growing number of places, solar power is the cheapest option for homeowners, businesses, governments, and societies.

Related: Solar Energy & Solar Power Facts

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015
The global solar industry has been seeing exponential growth in recent years, and that’s expected to continue. After hitting about 178 GW of solar PV power capacity by the end of 2014, global solar PV capacity is expected to hit 200 GW shortly.

That’s according to German solar association BSW-Solar, anyhow. It projects that 22 GW of solar PV capacity was added worldwide in the first half of 2015, and expects 50 GW will be added in total this year. (Note that GTM Research projects 55 GW will be added, and other solar market research firms are in the general vicinity as well.)

Within the next 4 years, BSW-Solar expects the total global solar PV capacity will more than double, reaching at least 400 GW.

The markets most driving solar PV growth these days are China, Japan, the USA, and India. However, the good news is that solar PV is growing all across the world, as it has become more and more competitive very quickly. In a quickly growing number of places, solar power is the cheapest option for homeowners, businesses, governments, and societies.

Baby-facepalm.jpg

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

ATTACH=full]64741[/ATTACH

And JustCrazy, that poor deranged delusional imbecile, demonstrates again that he is incapable of comprehending basic facts that conflict with his rightwingnut mythology.

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

And JustCrazy, that poor deranged delusional imbecile, demonstrates again that he is incapable of comprehending basic facts that conflict with his rightwingnut mythology.

i tell it like it is!

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

what is hilarious to me is watching fools and morons use 'name plate' values and ignore the real out put of the system..

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

i tell it like it is!

You "tell it" like a clueless, delusional, science-denying rightwingnut retard. As always.

Solar and wind energy are both growing enormously every year, all around the world.. We don't need to use fossil fuels and ruin the Earpth's climate. Clean renewable energy sources can provide all the energy the human race needs.

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

i tell it like it is!

You "tell it" like a clueless, delusional, science-denying rightwingnut retard. As always.

Solar and wind energy are both growing enormously every year, all around the world.. We don't need to use fossil fuels and ruin the Earpth's climate. Clean renewable energy sources can provide all the energy the human race needs.

So what is the output and what percentage of the grid?

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

i tell it like it is!

Solar and wind would be zero if it wasn't for government subsidies. They're both a joke.

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

i tell it like it is!

Solar and wind would be zero if it wasn't for government subsidies. They're both a joke.

Well he can't produce any relevant data to support his claim

That's not what the argument we were having here was about, JustCrazy. The retarded troll, ejectra, made this unbelievably idiotic and frankly rather insane claim (below) that solar and wind "do not provide power"....which I debunked with some facts (200 gigawatts = 200 billion watts from solar in 2015 and growing fast) from the middle of last year (also below). There's even more solar and wind energy systems installed and running now than there was then. Solar and wind energy systems are drawing larger and larger investments all around the workd because these systems work and provide clean cheap energy. Once the systems are installed and the cost amortized, be they big commercial systems or small household systems, the ongoing operating costs are very low compared to systems using fossil fuels because the sunlight and the wind are free forever while fossil will only get more expensive from here. And, of course, the cost of solar is going down even as efficiency rises.

More information on solar and wind at the end.

Here's what the troll said....

Here's a small example of the facts that make her look insane....

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

Here's some more info on the growth of solar and wind.....with over a Terawatt from both combined by 2020.....

Wind & Solar (worldwide)
Wind Total Capacity....Wind New Installations
478.6 GW.......................55.5 GW

2015-2016 Change - Wind
Total Capacity......New Installations
+13.1%..................+3.7%

Solar Total Capacity....Solar New Installations
285.0 GW.......................55.0 GW

2015-2016 Change - Solar
Total Capacity.......New Installations
+23.9%...................+6.6%

Global Wind & Solar Installations in Gigawatts (GW)
Global Cumulative Installations 2000-2019e
World-Wind-Solar-Total-Installations-GW-2000-2015-2019.gif

Heritage Foundation
SourceWatch

Well, first of all, let’s break it down a bit. First up, this $76 trillion would be paid over 40 years.

EcoEquity: Global Climate Justice » Is $76 trillion a lot of money?
First lets recognize all government programs cost more than they estimate, so it is $110 trillion.

That's not what the argument we were having here was about, JustCrazy. The retarded troll, ejectra, made this unbelievably idiotic and frankly rather insane claim (below) that solar and wind "do not provide power"....which I debunked with some facts (200 gigawatts = 200 billion watts from solar in 2015 and growing fast) from the middle of last year (also below). There's even more solar and wind energy systems installed and running now than there was then. Solar and wind energy systems are drawing larger and larger investments all around the workd because these systems work and provide clean cheap energy. Once the systems are installed and the cost amortized, be they big commercial systems or small household systems, the ongoing operating costs are very low compared to systems using fossil fuels because the sunlight and the wind are free forever while fossil will only get more expensive from here. And, of course, the cost of solar is going down even as efficiency rises.

More information on solar and wind at the end.

Here's what the troll said....

Here's a small example of the facts that make her look insane....

by Zachary Shahan
July 11th, 2015

Here's some more info on the growth of solar and wind.....with over a Terawatt from both combined by 2020.....

Wind & Solar (worldwide)
Wind Total Capacity....Wind New Installations
478.6 GW.......................55.5 GW

2015-2016 Change - Wind
Total Capacity......New Installations
+13.1%..................+3.7%

Solar Total Capacity....Solar New Installations
285.0 GW.......................55.0 GW

2015-2016 Change - Solar
Total Capacity.......New Installations
+23.9%...................+6.6%

Global Wind & Solar Installations in Gigawatts (GW)
Global Cumulative Installations 2000-2019e
World-Wind-Solar-Total-Installations-GW-2000-2015-2019.gif

Funny, if we have 200 gw of power from Solar and Wind, that is easily the equivalent of our Nuclear Power Plants, so how come they are not producing 1% of what we get from Nuclear power.

Why do we have to build Solar and Wind power forever, more and more, every year.

How come we keep increasing the subsidies to Wind and Solar while increasing our electrical rates?

And why do you include the world's largest Solar Failure in your figures, Ivanpah?

Heritage Foundation
SourceWatch

actually, it comes from the united nations, the socialist government of your dreams
They United Nations estimates the total to be $76 trillion
http://www.un.org/en/development/desa/policy/wess/wess_current/2011wess.pdf

The CERES states $36 Trillion above what is estimated now.

Investing in the Clean Trillion: Closing The Clean Energy Investment Gap Executive Summary — Ceres

In 2010 world governments agreed to limit the increase in global temperature to two degrees Celsius (2 °C) above pre-industrial levels to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. 1 To have an 80 percent chance of maintaining this 2 °C limit, the IEA estimates an additional $36 trillion in clean energy investment is needed through 2050—or an average of $1 trillion more per year compared to a “business as usual” scenario over the next 36 years. 2

And lets not forget the Billions of Tons of Coal that building Solar and Wind power require, Billions of Tons!

Or how much land must be destroyed, 10,000 square miles? 100,000 square miles? Can the advocates tell us?

Forum List

Back