Car thief pretends to be customer, drives Jeep off Puyallup dealership lot

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I posted this in Current Events because prior to this occurrence seeing people going into stores in downtown Seattle and shoplifting while hired security and store personnel were told "hands off" is one thing. Then the criminals got to the point where it wasn't just drug stores, 7-11s & mom/pop establishments that they were hitting. They also began taking large shopping bags into the malls and stealing from the larger & higher end retail establishments, still with no repercussions to speak of.

Going onto a car lot, getting the keys and driving off AFTER an employee has run a credit check on you seems really bizarre to me, especially in context of this customer's behavior in the weeks prior to this incident. To me it sounds as if this woman had her mind made up that she was going to purchase the Jeep that she had her heart set on and was not going to let a failed credit check deter her, not taking "no" for an answer.

Is it just me but if someone has enough information on you, including your check stub from Amazon, doesn't it seem kind of stupid to just drive off with the vehicle? I guess she can always "claim" that "the paperwork went through?!?

Crazy looking eyes though ...

Woman accused of pretending to be customer, then stealing Jeep off Puyallup dealership lot

Everything she provided might have been fake too.

I knew a man who took his Porche to be washed. When the guy drove it to the drying area, he just kept on going. My friend just watched his car drive off. No one ever found it either.

Everything she provided might have been fake too.

I knew a man who took his Porche to be washed. When the guy drove it to the drying area, he just kept on going. My friend just watched his car drive off. No one ever found it either.

Hope your friend's car was insured! o_O

In my experience an employee of the dealership rides along for the test drive. I guess the keys could be mishandled during the sales discussion but the vehicle should be on the police hot sheet in minutes.

The Wife and I sold our Mercedes and the guy that bought it ran a car lot.
Same thing happened,the owner of the car lot let a black dude take it for a test drive and he never came back.
There's a lesson to be learned here...never let a black dude test drive a car you're selling and never buy gold from a Network. Mod edited for clarity as the only 7 letter noun starting with "N" that fits. Please post in English.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wife and I sold our Mercedes and the guy that bought it ran a car lot.
Same thing happened,the owner of the car lot let a black dude take it for a test drive and he never came back.
There's a lesson to be learned here...never let a black dude test drive a car you're selling and never buy gold from a Network. Mod edited for clarity as the only 7 letter noun starting with "N" that fits. Please post in English.

LOL...

Forum List

Back