Capitol rioter gets 5 years, longest sentence yet

if you were planning a huge outdoor event and were warned by nyc detectives and others 2 weeks before. what would you do in those 2 weeks.you have only 2 answers

I have as many answers as I want to give. I would have more respect for the guy as a protester if he didn't weasel in the end. I do not support what they were protesting over but I fully support people's right to protest.

'We won this election, and we won it by a landslide'​

'We will stop the steal'​

'We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen'​

'If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore'​

'We are going to the Capitol'​

-- trump

Only cowards sat on their asses while the presidency was torn from trump's fingers.

Ashli Babbit died for trump and trump didn't even bother paying for her funeral.

(Not me. I know trump lost fair and square. trump can go choke on a donkey dick for all I care.)
if you were planning a huge outdoor event and were warned by nyc detective and others trouble might ensue...what would you do in 2 weeks

you only have 2 answers

Do you think the Jan 6th rioter sentences have been too short? Or just right?
Mixed feelings. He's responsible for his actions and he attacked the officers. Period. Cut & dried.

At the same time, he's fallen into a cult that has influenced and misguided him profoundly. I have to wonder if it's fair to consider that a mitigating factor.

A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

“Your honor. I’m really really ashamed of what I did,” he said through tears.

Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

Another man goes to jail for trump.

5 years? He'll be out in 30 months as long as he doesn't screw up in prison.

Insurrection? I would think someone would be charged and convicted of insurrection if there actually was insurrection.
ABC doesn't have a clue what insurrection is, no wonder so many are confused.

Having said that, the guy got what he deserved, probably serve half the time, but
that's what's wrong with our judicial system. I say 5 means 5.

A Capitol rioter who attacked police officers working to hold back the angry pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6 was sentenced Friday to more than five years behind bars, the most so far for anyone sentenced in the insurrection.

Robert Palmer, 54, of Largo, Florida, wept as he told U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan that he recently watched a video of his actions that day and could not believe what he was seeing.

“Your honor. I’m really really ashamed of what I did,” he said through tears.

Palmer made his way to the front line during the chaos and started to attack, throwing a wooden plank, spraying a fire extinguisher, then hurling it when it was done. He rooted around for other objects, prosecutors said. He was briefly pepper-sprayed by police before he attacked officers again with a pole. He pleaded guilty to attacking officers.

Palmer said in a handwritten letter to the judge that he felt betrayed by Trump and his allies who fed them conspiracy theories.

Another man goes to jail for trump.

5 years? He'll be out in 30 months as long as he doesn't screw up in prison.

Oh no. An OG going to the joint. He's gonna be someones bitch soon.

Forum List

Back