Cant add or remove bookmarks from Chrome browser

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Just started today and have no clue why. I decided to clear the cookies in the chrome browser because everything was running slow. So when I wanted to bookmark a website I notice after I save it and close the chrome browser, its no longer showing when I go back to chrome. Then I keep getting this message every time I open up chrome..........."Chrome didnt shut down properly do you want to restore previous websites?

Any Chrome users experience this?

For gods' sakes, it's left you a trail of breadcrumbs in neon. Restore previous websites and close it down properly.

For gods' sakes, it's left you a trail of breadcrumbs in neon. Restore previous websites and close it down properly.
When I close down I hit exit? I didnt think it mattered how u closed down

Just started today and have no clue why. I decided to clear the cookies in the chrome browser because everything was running slow. So when I wanted to bookmark a website I notice after I save it and close the chrome browser, its no longer showing when I go back to chrome. Then I keep getting this message every time I open up chrome..........."Chrome didnt shut down properly do you want to restore previous websites?

I have been getting a lot of those Chrome didn't shut down properly the last couple of days. Don't know if Chrome changed something or what. I always close out everything and shut down properly but have been getting those Chrome messages anyway. May just be a temporary glitch. I don't bookmark anything so can't advise anybody about that.;

I have been getting a lot of those Chrome didn't shut down properly the last couple of days. Don't know if Chrome changed something or what. I always close out everything and shut down properly but have been getting those Chrome messages anyway. May just be a temporary glitch. I don't bookmark anything so can't advise anybody about that.;
Did you close out everything? Make sure you click on all Update messages. The laptop needs to have the latest update to operate smoothly.

YES!! It has pissed me off to the point that I am now in the Microsoft Edge Universe. Fuck Chrome

Did you close out everything? Make sure you click on all Update messages. The laptop needs to have the latest update to operate smoothly.
Yes I always close all apps before closing down for the night. And I did see one little Chrome update thing I clicked on. I think it was just a minor glitch. So far today I haven't seen any of those messages.

YES!! It has pissed me off to the point that I am now in the Microsoft Edge Universe. Fuck Chrome
I didn't care for Edge but if it works for you problem solved. You also might look for a tiny popup for a Chrome update. I did click on that update and haven't seen any more of the 'restore pages' popups since I don't think. None today so far.

I didn't care for Edge but if it works for you problem solved. You also might look for a tiny popup for a Chrome update. I did click on that update and haven't seen any more of the 'restore pages' popups since I don't think. None today so far.
where is the update

It was just a tiny little popup I noticed. Would have no clue where to find it otherwise. And it appeared maybe two or three times intermittently before I clicked on it.
I think u lying because I dont see shit

I didn't care for Edge but if it works for you problem solved.
I had to do that on my Win 10 laptop before. Chrome would crash on startup every time. Same thing with Tor and Opera. I tried uninstalling chrome and downloading the latest version several times. But chrome would still crash on startup. So I just used Edge for over a year.

Then I ended up having to do a system recovery. Start over from scratch. After that Chrome worked great again. Make Chrome Great Again! MCGA

I had to do that on my Win 10 laptop before. Chrome would crash on startup every time. Same thing with Tor and Opera. I tried uninstalling chrome and downloading the latest version several times. But chrome would still crash on startup. So I just used Edge for over a year.

Then I ended up having to do a system recovery. Start over from scratch. After that Chrome worked great again. Make Chrome Great Again! MCGA
Fuck Chrome. Im in Microsoft Egde Universe now. Opera was good too

calm down a minute. chrome runs much better than edge in most ways, but there are a a few differences.

you set a bookmark the same way - hit the star on the chrome toolbar

to access your bookmarks, hit he three dots on the edge of the toolbar and choose bookmarks off the drop down menu.

calm down a minute. chrome runs much better than edge in most ways, but there are a a few differences.

you set a bookmark the same way - hit the star on the chrome toolbar

to access your bookmarks, hit he three dots on the edge of the toolbar and choose bookmarks off the drop down menu.
I been with Microsoft edge since July 4th. I tried and tried but Chrome just faded. And I had no issues since the transition

Forum List

Back