Candles

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Does anyone make their own candles? Any tips?

My next to next :eusa_angel: adventure is making tea light candles. I'm not planning on selling any of this BTW.

Does anyone make their own candles? Any tips?

My next to next :eusa_angel: adventure is making tea light candles. I'm not planning on selling any of this BTW.

What is there to say? Choose a good quality wax, mix in the pigment and aroma you like, and start dipping. I would use one of those round metal bases to clip the wick to at the bottom.

If you are handy, you might even make a mold where the wick is held taut through the middle side to side with the wick sticking out the other end, then you can just melt the wax and pour it into the trough and make a candle at once instead of the rigorous dipping and dipping.

If you are creative, you might even make them with a varietal change in wax colors and scents.

What is there to say? Choose a good quality wax, mix in the pigment and aroma you like, and start dipping. I would use one of those round metal bases to clip the wick to at the bottom.

If you are handy, you might even make a mold where the wick is held taut through the middle side to side with the wick sticking out the other end, then you can just melt the wax and pour it into the trough and make a candle at once instead of the rigorous dipping and dipping.

If you are creative, you might even make them with a varietal change in wax colors and scents.
I've been reading on adding scents to the candles.

Hand dipping candles is a massive chore. I am only shocked it took them as long as they did to invent electric candlelight as much as a PITA making them is.

Hand dipping candles is a massive chore. I am only shocked it took them as long as they did to invent electric candlelight as much as a PITA making them is.
I'm going to start with tea light candles and go from there. Tapered candles? That's maybe 4 or 5 nexts down the road.

I'm also going to check out some molds.

Forum List

Back