Cancel student debt? The petitions begin.....

College tuition rates have risen as a direct effect of government wasting $BILLIONS on student loan grants/subsidies to people who have no business going to college in the first place. The average community college drop-out rates are OVER 90%. That is unbelievable, and a tremendous waste of taxpayer dollars.
Also - you will of course notice that colleges everywhere are building outrageously expensive quad apartment complexes that they are overcharging students that is nothing less than extortion of taxpayer dollars.
Nobody - no one - no way- no how would pay $700-$1200 a month for one 100sq ft. bedroom and a shared bathroom unless it is paid by someone else.

But you cannot get liberals to make a single comment on this. In fact they will tell you the government should be giving more grants.

it is absolutely ridiculous

or to have to pay 500-600 dollars for a worthless book a professor wrote

that you either buy the book of fail the class

Sounds great. Do it. Educating yourself should not cost an arm and a leg and saddled with debt before you even get your first job. The usual argument of paying the professors etc well gee how do we pay teachers from k-12!? Same damn way...TAXES! We all pay we all should benefit. Stop with foreign aid,military adventurism,lower military budget by half at least and deport ALL illegals.

So you're gonna make ALL colleges and universities into public schools? The same type of schools that fail to educate our kids in the primary and secondary levels today? Is that really going to help anything?

Please show me the specific portion of the Constitution which allows for any spending on education.

I took a grand total of $2000 in a Stafford Loan between 1992 and 1994 to get my degree. I now make roughly $80,000 a year and support myself quite nicely. I paid that loan off 4 months EARLY back in the mud 1990's.

The moral of that story is two-fold......

1. Don't take more loans than you can repay.

2. Don't take a degree that doesn't have an immediate, paying career at the end of it.

College tuition rates have risen as a direct effect of government wasting $BILLIONS on student loan grants/subsidies to people who have no business going to college in the first place. The average community college drop-out rates are OVER 90%. That is unbelievable, and a tremendous waste of taxpayer dollars.
Also - you will of course notice that colleges everywhere are building outrageously expensive quad apartment complexes that they are overcharging students that is nothing less than extortion of taxpayer dollars.
Nobody - no one - no way- no how would pay $700-$1200 a month for one 100sq ft. bedroom and a shared bathroom unless it is paid by someone else.

But you cannot get liberals to make a single comment on this. In fact they will tell you the government should be giving more grants.

it is absolutely ridiculous

or to have to pay 500-600 dollars for a worthless book a professor wrote

that you either buy the book of fail the class

No kidding...I have two kids, one is off the payroll now "aka finished college" and one is a junior at IUPUI. The average book cost is $400-$1000 per SEMESTER. And very few of the classes use the text books at all - but they require them anyway. The only reason this is allowed is corruption and collusion with the government.

And yet....AGAIN...the Democrats want to increase government grants and subsidies

Great idea! Banks get bailouts, why can't students get the same?

And as Toro pointed out in a different thread, it's gonna' take all those banks that got Bailout money about 100 years to pay it all back.

Banks bailed out to the tune of 7.7 Trillion and have paid back only 78 Billion in one year. That equals 100 years.

An even BETTER idea is to just forgive all the debt.

Sounds great. Do it. Educating yourself should not cost an arm and a leg and saddled with debt before you even get your first job. The usual argument of paying the professors etc well gee how do we pay teachers from k-12!? Same damn way...TAXES! We all pay we all should benefit. Stop with foreign aid,military adventurism,lower military budget by half at least and deport ALL illegals.

So you're gonna make ALL colleges and universities into public schools? The same type of schools that fail to educate our kids in the primary and secondary levels today? Is that really going to help anything?

Please show me the specific portion of the Constitution which allows for any spending on education.
I don't give a shit about the constitution it needs updated. PERIOD.

Great idea! Banks get bailouts, why can't students get the same?

And as Toro pointed out in a different thread, it's gonna' take all those banks that got Bailout money about 100 years to pay it all back.

Banks bailed out to the tune of 7.7 Trillion and have paid back only 78 Billion in one year. That equals 100 years.

An even BETTER idea is to just forgive all the debt.

The banks shouldn't have gotten a bailout either. Nor should the car companies. Three wrongs don't make any of them Right.

we're the only civilized country that puts a college education out of reach of most people.

are you proud of that?

Are you proud of that fact you have no idea what you are talking about?
You don't even need to graduate high school to go to college anymore.
And affording it? The less money you have the more affordable college is, the government even pays your room and board. You don't even need a job, in fact, if you get a job - you will have to pay more for college.

Why don't we cancel my car loan debt? Wouldn't it be a wonderful (but confusing) world if the government could cancel all debt at the stroke of a pen.

Why don't we cancel my car loan debt? Wouldn't it be a wonderful (but confusing) world if the government could cancel all debt at the stroke of a pen.

Cancel car loans? Why even have loans at all? The government should provide cars for everyone!! It is outrageous we have to buy our own car...all the Republicans fault.

we're the only civilized country that puts a college education out of reach of most people.

are you proud of that?

YES. YES I AM.

My hometown is the location of Wesleyan University, probably the most worthless "school" of "higher education" in the world. 2 or 3 time recipient of Playboy Magazine's Top Party College award. Oh, and nobody ever seems to get a degree there that they DO anything with..... at the cost of several hundred thousand dollars for four years....

So YES, I'M GLAD college is out of the means of many. Otherwise we'd have even LESS productive people in thus country.

are you proud of that?

We're the only civilized country where the Federal Government colludes with corrupt College Administrations to load up students with debt that is exempt from bankruptcy in exchange for Social Justice Warrior degrees with no market value.

We're the only civilized country where the Federal Government colludes with corrupt College Administrations to load up students with debt that is exempt from bankruptcy in exchange for Social Justice Warrior degrees with no market value.

Amazing isn't it.
It never ceases to amaze how clueless people are.
Not to mention the resulting piling up useless "prerequisites" that don't have the faintest to do with their degree.
My daughter graduated with a Bachelors at IUPUI for Respiratory Therapy...one of those "4 year" degrees that now takes 5 years to complete.
Requirements:
6 credits of Elective "Arts"
3 Credits "Cultural Understanding"
Algerbra/Trig/Calculus and finally preferred Finite Math. Yeah.
Professional Writing (OK)...but noo also need Argumentative Writing.

This is just a small fraction of the 55 credits needed before you even get to be considered for the program.

Amazing isn't it.
Not to mention the resulting piling up useless "prerequisites" that don't have the faintest to do with their degree.
My daughter graduated with a Bachelors at IUPUI for Respiratory Therapy...one of those "4 year" degrees that now takes 5 years to complete.
Requirements:

This is just a small fraction of the 55 credits needed before you even get to be considered for the program.

I feel sorry for college kids today. The Federal government nationalizing the student loan industry has created a bubble in higher ed prices. Just compare college inflation to the CPI and wages. The Feds & Big Education have turned many of younger generations into lifelong Debt Slaves. It's disgustingly immoral.

10-09-05_college_inflation.png

are you proud of that?

Considering most people don't need one it doesn't bother me in the least.

only someone uneducated would say that. most people understand the value of an education. we can't compete in the world with uneducated dolts who have no concept of history or law or literature or science or math.

people who believe what you do are the problem in this country.

Amazing isn't it.
Requirements:

education has a value... except to uneducated twits.

Amazing isn't it.
Requirements:

education has a value... except to uneducated twits.

Only uneducated twits don't consider the cost benefit aspect of a degree. Social Justice Warrior majors who take on $200K of student loan debt just to end up working as part time hotel reservation desk clerks clearly fall into that category.

Forum List

Back