First WI casualty of Right to Work (for less), Major company moving to Minnesota

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Well, I''m sure Wisconsin will be getting more McDonald's, Burger Kings and companies like that.

Hoffman Construction, a major road building and mining company is abandoning Wisconsin because of the Right to Work legislation just passed.
According to Duluth News Tribune "Hoffman said Monday night that the reason is twofold: he believes the right-to-work law will ultimately cost his company money, and he sees Minnesota’s proposal to increase transportation funding as offering greater business opportunities."
Some companies realize that union work is an advantage to companies. Working together on problems, joint safety committees, agreeing on other items like seniority, vacation, health care can only make a company stronger.
First WI casualty of Right to Work Major company moving to Minnesota

First and probably the only. He's the exception, not the norm. I would also guess he is a devoted Democrat. All the businesses and people have been moving to Right to Work states for decades now, while the compulsory union Rust Belt states are, well, rusting.

By the way, your title is a lie. He's not moving; he's expanding there.

Of course unions are an advantage to companies. Unions are directly responsible for the success of Hostess.

Well, I''m sure Wisconsin will be getting more McDonald's, Burger Kings and companies like that.

Hoffman Construction, a major road building and mining company is abandoning Wisconsin because of the Right to Work legislation just passed.
According to Duluth News Tribune "Hoffman said Monday night that the reason is twofold: he believes the right-to-work law will ultimately cost his company money, and he sees Minnesota’s proposal to increase transportation funding as offering greater business opportunities."
Some companies realize that union work is an advantage to companies. Working together on problems, joint safety committees, agreeing on other items like seniority, vacation, health care can only make a company stronger.

dont be absurd

right to work does not mean can not have unions

--LOL

how long have they been in Minnesota

how long has the Lakeville office been around

Why would any employer have a problem with a private union worker? Only poorly run companies would be so vehemently opposed to its workers being unionized. We have entered an era where workers are looked upon as bad things. I never thought I would see the day. Expect the income gap to grow at a rapid pace. Hostess was a poorly run company... they have a hatred for their workers.

Minnesota simply has a better business climate. Wisconsin is still in the dark ages.

Unions will continue to lose until they change their 1920's mentality to the 21st century.

Last edited:
Young families would be smart to locate in MN vs WI. WI is cutting education, MN isn't. MN is attracting good teachers because they aren't going after them. In WI its a different story. Good schools attract young families.

You are a liar, expanding is not moving. Why do you feel the need to lie about your positions? Do they not stand on their own?

They are lying.....nothing in the right to work bill negates anything they mentioned...except perhaps...tax money given to his company........look deeper....they are looking for handouts and walker probably won't give them.....

Key in on Minnesota to increase transportation funding....that is the key, not the right to work......

Silly lefties.....can't think logically to save your lives....

what a tool for the Democrat party and the unions

embarrassing

what did they call it: when business left other states because of high taxes and hostile government towards them

you just can't take anything these people (leftist/dem/union/commies) spew seriously anymore

Young families would be smart to locate in MN vs WI. WI is cutting education, MN isn't. MN is attracting good teachers because they aren't going after them. In WI its a different story. Good schools attract young families.

no....Wisconsin is not cutting education....the University of Wisconsin is sitting on 2 billion dollars in trust money....Walker just doesn't want to waste tax money when the University is greedily sitting on all that money........

All of you who doesn't like Wisconsin's laws

here a clue, don't frikken move there

I've lived in Wi all my life. Things are not improving.

Yes WI is cutting education...k-12. Every district around me is going to referendums to stay afloat. Luckily, the npeople are smart snuff to pass them so as not to punish the kids.

Forum List

Back