Canadian police union official? Handgun ban would have no effect on gun crime...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Wow...someone who understands gun crime....? In Canada?

Toronto police union head says handgun ban would have 'no impact' | CBC News

"There's no way in my world or any world I know that this would have an impact on somebody who's going to go out and buy an illegal gun and use it to kill another person or shoot another person," Mike McCormack, the president of the Toronto Police Association, said Friday.
----

He said his years of experience in policing have taught him something about gun crime — individuals who steal, sell or use guns illegally are already facing mountains of jail time, so they're unfazed by one more law that condemns their actions.

Shootings have been on the rise for the past few years in Canada, and in 2016 more people were killed by guns than by knives.

"There's no way in my world or any world I know that this would have an impact on somebody who's going to go out and buy an illegal gun and use it to kill another person or shoot another person," Mike McCormack, the president of the Toronto Police Association, said Friday.
----

He said his years of experience in policing have taught him something about gun crime — individuals who steal, sell or use guns illegally are already facing mountains of jail time, so they're unfazed by one more law that condemns their actions.

Shootings have been on the rise for the past few years in Canada, and in 2016 more people were killed by guns than by knives.

Hand guns are already under serious ownership restrictions in Canada so there is no need to ban them.

Legal guns aren’t the problem. Illegal guns, most of which are smuggled across the Canada/US border are the problem.

----

Hand guns are already under serious ownership restrictions in Canada so there is no need to ban them.

Legal guns aren’t the problem. Illegal guns, most of which are smuggled across the Canada/US border are the problem.

It can't be a problem.... you have laws against people using illegal guns in Canada...so problem solved.

Handguns are also under serious ownership restrictions in the U.S.........criminals ignore those restrictions.

Forum List

Back