Canada: Where You Can’t Even Defend Yourself

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Citing a rise in hate-motivated crimes and “drug-fuelled attacks,” Alberta’s justice minister is calling on the federal government to allow the use of pepper spray for self-defence.

Tasers don’t even work on high druggies. Pepper spray is more likely to get blown back on yourself as the perp kicks your head in.
I’ll cling to my 9mm Glock.

Citing a rise in hate-motivated crimes and “drug-fuelled attacks,” Alberta’s justice minister is calling on the federal government to allow the use of pepper spray for self-defence.

Tasers don’t even work on high druggies. Pepper spray is more likely to get blown back on yourself as the perp kicks your head in.

Canadians are raised on kung-fu movies. This is our best form of defense. That, and also telling corny jokes, which gives us a 50/50 chance depending on the sense of humour of our attacker.

Pepper spray can help me get away if i blind you for the moment with it. But it was intended to be used against animals not people and wont work if the attacker is wearing sunglasses or raises a hand or turns his head as you spray.

Pepper spray can help me get away if i blind you for the moment with it. But it was intended to be used against animals not people and wont work if the attacker is wearing sunglasses or raises a hand or turns his head as you spray.
Having pepper sprayed quite a few, yes it does. It works.

I won't even mention the chemical spray I use for defense because it would likely be banned by the local, state, federal, UN and every galactic government in the universe in very short order.

It ain't tear gas or bear spray.

I've only used it once, but it certainly irritated my eyes to the point that I had reduced visibility. I'd rather rely on a tazer, and if that failed the 9mm.
I used it between 10 and 15 times. We weren't allowed to shoot them. They say that older people are less affected by it and from my experience that's true. In training, we all had to get sprayed and several of the younger people lost it while the old guys just sort of blinked a little and coughed it off.

I used it between 10 and 15 times. We weren't allowed to shoot them. They say that older people are less affected by it and from my experience that's true. In training, we all had to get sprayed and several of the younger people lost it while the old guys just sort of blinked a little and coughed it off.
From what I saw the blacks were most affected, I only saw a handful of UOF cases though. Most of the time the inmate was black, but myself and every CO I saw discharge it suffered enough that it was certainly a last resort. For the most part I was a "cool" CO though, and I didn't have a lot of problems with the inmates. The one time I did use the shit was on a clown that wanted to get into Ad Seg no matter what.

From what I saw the blacks were most affected, I only saw a handful of UOF cases though. Most of the time the inmate was black, but myself and every CO I saw discharge it suffered enough that it was certainly a last resort. For the most part I was a "cool" CO though, and I didn't have a lot of problems with the inmates. The one time I did use the shit was on a clown that wanted to get into Ad Seg no matter what.

I only sprayed one black guy and he was trying to hang himself. You could see the outline of his body in the residue spray on the wall! lol, I used the whole can! That was when I worked in Ad seg for a good while.

DSC_3836pse.jpg

DSC_3847.JPG

You can make your own defensive spray. Get a dual spray bottle. Fill one side with bleach. Fill the other side with ammonia. They will combine in the spray.

Forum List

Back