Canada has better gun control than U.S......but shootings up 60% in Toronto..how is that?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The anti gunners keep saying that gun control keeps guns out of the hands of criminals...anyone who thinks about that knows it is a silly belief. We constantly hear about Britain, and Australia where they confiscated guns...and Canada......and in all 3 places they are seeing more gun crime.....

Canada is one of the places used to make fun of American gun laws....but......as I have pointed out....gun violence is a matter of criminals wanting or needing guns, not gun control laws, which only effect normal people who want guns for self defense.

Riddle me this Batman....how is it that Canada...with all the gun control the anti gunners want, that Toronto is seeing a 60% spike in gun crime over 2015...which was higher than2014.....?

Past time to worry about Toronto's gun violence problem

The police stats also show homicides in 2016 are more than double what they were at the same point that year.

A lot more than double. And shootings are way up, too — 60% over 2015.

So just how many corpses will there be this year? The projections are ugly.

Crunch the numbers — which does not take into account the warm seasons to come — and it shows Toronto is on pace to match or eclipse the record number of 86.

Those who dismiss that are not only being irresponsible but negligent.

Shooting victims are up almost 40% — 117 shooting victims compared to 85 in 2015, the statistics show.

It’s good the Black Lives Matter protesters took down their tents outside Toronto Police headquarters because police are not the problem.

First....Black lies matter? In Toronto? hmmmmm.....

Second....how can they have a spike in shootings when they have gun control......?

"Riddle me this Batman....how is it that Canada...with all the gun control the anti gunners want, that Toronto is seeing a 60% spike in gun crime over 2015...which was higher than2014.....?"

Because the first thing a criminal does is go to another criminal to get the tools of his trade.

The list increases...

Edmonton
Calgary
Ottowa
Surrey....

All seeing more gun crime...but...I thought they had gun control in Canada...

'I am so angry' about Surrey gun violence says mayor

Surrey Mayor Linda Hepner expressed her frustration about gun violence that has seen 31 shootings in her city this year, with three in the past three days.

"I am so angry this that this is happening again in my city," she told media on Tuesday. "To be dealing with this again is unacceptable."

Surrey RCMP is investigating three shootings over the past three days — the latest in a residential area in the middle of the afternoon.

Police say they believe the violence is linked to a new drug conflict.

Young 'punks'
"I want to call them punks," said Hepner about some young, aggressive people she feels are holding her city hostage.

She said the vast majority of both the perpetrators and targets of the shootings have been young males of South Asian descent.

Hepner said that fact — along with the relatively young overall population of the city — makes Surrey especially vulnerable to gun violence, but that her city is not alone.

As I keep saying......it isn't that criminals in Britain, Australia, Canada...and Europe can't get guns...it has been the case that they just haven't used them as often as American criminals to commit murder...but what we are seeing is immigrant gangs, with different culturally values regarding the use of violence, that are increasing the gun crime rate, and the gun murder rate in these countries....

The ability of these countries to civilize their young males is beginning to fail....and they are seeing an increase in violent crime....and gun crime.

What are they going to say when their gun crime rates go up...even with their extreme gun control laws and their gun confiscation in some of these countries?

Add Moncton to the list of violent crime and gun crime in Canada...

UPDATED: Why does Moncton have such high gun-crime rates?

Ownership isn’t unusually high: There were about 50 firearm licences per 1,000 in Moncton in 2010, on par with Fredericton (but higher than Halifax).

But Moncton has one of the highest rates of violent crime of any Canadian city.

And, along with Halifax, it boasted the highest rate of firearm-related violent crime among Canadian cities in 2012,according to Statistics Canada. That year, Moncton had a rate of 39 violent, firearm-related incidents per 100,000 people. And almost 80 per cent of victims involved in gun-related crime in Moncton that year were shot by handguns.

Last edited:
The anti gunners keep saying that gun control keeps guns out of the hands of criminals...anyone who thinks about that knows it is a silly belief. We constantly hear about Britain, and Australia where they confiscated guns...and Canada......and in all 3 places they are seeing more gun crime.....

Canada is one of the places used to make fun of American gun laws....but......as I have pointed out....gun violence is a matter of criminals wanting or needing guns, not gun control laws, which only effect normal people who want guns for self defense.

Riddle me this Batman....how is it that Canada...with all the gun control the anti gunners want, that Toronto is seeing a 60% spike in gun crime over 2015...which was higher than2014.....?

The police stats also show homicides in 2016 are more than double what they were at the same point that year.

Crunch the numbers — which does not take into account the warm seasons to come — and it shows Toronto is on pace to match or eclipse the record number of 86.

Shooting victims are up almost 40% — 117 shooting victims compared to 85 in 2015, the statistics show.

It’s good the Black Lives Matter protesters took down their tents outside Toronto Police headquarters because police are not the problem.

Second....how can they have a spike in shootings when they have gun control......?

Too much non-whites in Toronto.

Who said that gun control keeps guns out of the hands of criminals? Lie much?

You should see how they stack the statistics up here. Too much to do this weekend but will be back in and give you stats that will blow your mind.

More blacks and Muslims every year...

Forum List

Back