Canada caught off guard by new security pact between U.S., Australia and Britain

By lack of a common warmongering agenda I assume you mean not wishing to tie our foreign policy to America's short term goals.
I hope so too.
Yes, but long term goals too.
Although the PNAC is obviously dead in the water now, due to China's rapid rise and Russia being back with strength.

The in-house Canadian on this board was much quicker than the media in Canada. I posted this agreement early yesterday, 12-18 hours later the rest of the media in Canada wake up. I've seen now three or four articles discussing this reality. Ironically, zero from CBC, state-run media, just a few days before an election here.

I've been warning Canada, I know first hand what goes on here and I've shared it. America in particular has to be aware of what risks Canada is bringing. If they are going to destroy a patriotic citizen who believes strongly in Americas success and, in a close, ideological relationship with America, they will easily betray anyone who supports the U.S. You have agencies in this country who destroy citizens for their police powers and budgets, far more akin to East Germanys system than Americas.

Just who do we think will be the replacement in the lives of Canadians if we continue to betray the U.S?

The Canadian government was surprised this week by the announcement of a new security pact between the United States, Britain and Australia, one that excluded Canada and is aimed at confronting China’s growing military and political influence in the Indo-Pacific region, according to senior government officials.

Three officials, representing Canada’s foreign affairs, intelligence and defence departments, told The Globe and Mail that Ottawa was not consulted about the pact, and had no idea the trilateral security announcement was coming until it was made on Wednesday by U.S. President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

The defence ministers from the U.K. and Australia reached out to Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan to inform him of the decision shortly before the late-afternoon announcement. Foreign Affairs Minister Marc Garneau received a call from his Australian counterpart. Daniel Minden, a spokesperson for Mr. Sajjan, said Ottawa had been kept in the loop on talks between the countries.

What a non-story this is.

As you calling yourself the "in-house Canadian" on this board", don't make me laugh. Your knowledge of Canada is slim and none.

You don't even talk about Canada like you live here.

I wonder what Canada did to get snubbed?

I can't think of anything.

So Australia is going to buy US nuclear subs and Australia is going to share more intelligence with the US than what is already being shared through 5 eyes. Hardly ground shaking.

You excluded 2 members of the "five eyes": Canada and New Zealand. If Canada and New Zealand had not been informed from this step of the USA, England and Australia - before this had been published and this was made to a fact - then it is an open question for this neighbors of the USA and Australia how to calculate the risks of a nuclear strike against the USA and Australia and what this could mean for their own countries.

The same time the English speaking nations continued to reduce their reliability in context with all European nations. In combination with totally new forms of valueless or senseless contracts, deals, treaties or constitutional paradigmas (such as the acceptence of torture, war of aggression (=preemptive strikes) or manipulations in questions like the Brexit or also the end of disarmament treaties) I would say it looks like that civilisatoric factors grow more and more to become unimportant in the English speaking world. I never saw in my life in the western world more "anti-Roman" or "anti-civilisatoric" leaders like Donald Trump or Boris Johnson.

Seems to me the USA is looking totally desperatedly for enemies - because only enemies seem to be able to unite the United States. ""Divide et aliena" nos coniugent" seems to be the new motto of the USA.

Last edited:
You excluded 2 members of the "five eyes": Canada and New Zealand. If Canada and New Zealand had not been informed from this step of the USA, England and Australia - before this had been published and this was made to a fact - then it is an open question for this neighbors of the USA and Australia how to calculate the risks of a nuclear strike against the USA and Australia and what this could mean for their own countries.

The same time the English speaking nations continued to reduce their reliability in context with all European nations. In combination with totally new forms of valueless or senseless contracts, deals, treaties or constitutional paradigmas (such as the acceptence of torture, war of aggression (=preempitive strikes) or manipulations in questions like the Brexit or also the end of disarmament treaties) I would say it looks like that civilisatoric factors grow more and more to become unimportant in the English speaking world. I never saw in my life in the western world more "anti-Roman" or "anti-civilisatoric" leaders like Donald Trump or Boris Johnson.

Seems to me the USA is looking totally desperatedly for enemies - because only enemies seem to be able to unite the United States.

I don't follow your logic here, but okay.

What is most interesting about this move by the US and Australia is how China will react to it.
Will China be further emboldened to take nuclear armed warships to Havana?

Any Cold War escalations by any of the super powers are getting to be superfluous in the face of missile technology that can't be defended against.

And China can afford the arms race as easily as the US can, most likely even more. That makes it an entirely different game from how the US played it with the Soviet Union.

Can we now say that a nuclear strike by one country will result in M.A.D. by the target country within no more than 5 minutes?

America's fight with China is going to need a totally new set of non-military tactics. This is most likely already being adopted and demonstrated by Biden's more cooperative relations with China.

then it is an open question for this neighbors of the USA and Australia how to calculate the risks of a nuclear strike against the USA and Australia and what this could mean for their own countries.
Australian nuclear powered subs will not be permitted in waters NZ controls.

Australian nuclear powered subs will not be permitted in waters NZ controls.

The problem I spoke about means: What will happen with Canada and New Zealand if China wipes Australia and the USA from this planet with ultra high speed nukes? And the USA since Trump (and also under Biden) seems in general to categorize the world in three parts: (1) The USA = America = the world. And the rest of the world are (2) enemies - or (3) slaves.

Last edited:
The problem I spoke about means: What will happen with Canada and New Zealand if China wipes Australia and the USA from this planet with ultra high speed nukes?
Meh.
Canada should be ok, give or take, unless Alaska is hit; but will have to rearrange its markets. No doubt we'll get fallout drift and lose a close market.

Meh.
Canada should be ok, give or take, unless Alaska is hit; but will have to rearrange its markets. No doubt we'll get fallout drift and lose a close market.

All this interferences in the English speaking world with parallel universes make understanding sometimes a little difficult from time to time. How's the weather in your America on Arcturus IV?

Hieroshima explosion 12-18 kT.
First H-bomb of the USA in 1952: 750 times the explosion power of the Hieroshima bomb.
October 30th 1961 the Russians used an H-bomb with 4000 times the explosion power of Hieroshima (50,000 kT). The mushroom cloud of this explosion had a height of ~64 km = ~40 miles.

Now it's 2021 here on planet Earth - 60 years later. And no one has any real idea which arsenal of ABC+D weapons exist worldwide. And US-Americans discuss about free guns for everyone and conventional military attacks? Senile nation? Nation under drugs? ...

Last edited:
All this interferences in the English speaking world with parallel universes make understanding sometimes a little difficult from time to time. How's the weather in your America on Arcturus IV?
Which bit about NZ getting the fallout from Australia being nuked do you not get?

Which bit about NZ getting the fallout from Australia being nuked do you not get?

Let me say it in this way: I don't think anyone in the world will survive your way not to think - and also not the new Chinese way not to think - and many other old and new ways not to think.

Last edited:
Let me say it in this way: I don't think anyone in the world will survive your way not to think - and also not the new Chinese way not to think - and many other old and new ways not to think.
Haven't a clue what that means.

Forum List

Back