Can you still sin and go to heaven after praying for forgiveness?

Interesting. That is the fake christians I speak of. And I have wondered about the baptizing thing. Is that a requirement to go to heaven? Was thinking of doing a thread about that. I am pretty new as a christian, so I do not know much. Baptized as a kid, grew up as an atheist. Did confirmation. Delisted myself in 1999, and then I signed up to a religion that paid members 100 dollars a year a few years later. Then I became a member of buddhism in 2008 or somthing. Been member ever since.

So do I have to reinlist in a church and get baptized again as an adult? I know there is something about you having to make a concious choice to be baptized. Last time I was an infant. Does it not count? Does this mean I will go to hell if I do not get baptized? And can you ask your hubby if I can get baptized in a fake church which does not preach the right scripture? 3 hours to a true church, and I do not know if they do baptisms of adults. There are some jehovas witness church 1 hour away, they do adult baptisms, will that be good enough?.
If all that mystical mumbo-jumbo matters more than simply being as moral and kind to your fellow humans as you possibly can then Heaven will be just another hell.

why does one have to preach about hell to be true? hell is just a stick to keep children in line..why is your god such a jealous and petty god?
When it is a statechurch, under the churchdepartment which is run by an atheist, and a a government that struggles to fill the christian quota each time they form a government, and they make it verboten to preach about the whole book, the church is fake. They even do gay weddings now, do not think priests can object because of personal beliefs, and must violate their oath to God. This is normal here, been like that for over 10 years. I used to support it, because I wanted the church gone, and not get billions of taxdollars. Which I meant was wasted money.

Everyone sins, heaven must be empty.
Every one goes to heaven. But there is a waiting room that some have to reflect on their sins longer than others.

The Great Spirit will have a chat with you and turn on the VCR of your life and highlight what you did right and what you did wrong. Then you must reflect. Some have to reflect longer than others

If all that mystical mumbo-jumbo matters more than simply being as moral and kind to your fellow humans as you possibly can then Heaven will be just another hell.
It is not either or. I can do both. I can live right and try to get a personal relationship with God, and be moral towards others. What you mean with "kind", is probably not what I define it as. So I cannot be kind as you define it. If it involves lying, I will not do it. If it is supporting what goes against God, I will not do it. Can you be kind to christians, when that means you violate what you believe is right, and the cornerstones of your ideals? I do not do souldestruction for others. I stop those associations.

Back in the day there were a couple guys nailed to a stick next to a young man calles Yesua. One was a complete asshat who said " hey motherfucker. Your're Him so get us down off these sticks and whip some ass."
The other said. You really are the dude prophesied.
Yeshua said: "Yup, see you at my fathers place later on. I's all good bro"

Of course not, it clearly says NO.
Welcome.

For future reference, when making such a claim, it is required to provide a reference in the form of a link. What I recommend is to copy and paste a verse or two in your OP along with a link from where you obtained the verse(s).

Thank you.

Actually he
Every one goes to heaven. But there is a waiting room that some have to reflect on their sins longer than others.

The Great Spirit will have a chat with you and turn on the VCR of your life and highlight what you did right and what you did wrong. Then you must reflect. Some have to reflect longer than others
Actually he has a database called the book of life. It has around 20 billion files.
I can't wait to see the ultimate operating system

My belief is yes, if one is serious in prayer by making a genuine effort to change one's behavior. With God all things are possible.

Welcome.

For future reference, when making such a claim, it is required to provide a reference in the form of a link. What I recommend is to copy and paste a verse or two in your OP along with a link from where you obtained the verse(s).

Thank you.
Ok, but there is no editbutton for the first comment. So I must post it here. There are so many, just assumed everybody knew some. Hebrew 10:26 is clear for me.

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

acts 2:38
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

More on this link

did i mention i left the church...better to ask others those questions
Religious beliefs should be personal and inward. Actions should be shown, not words. Words mean nothing. Worthless as the flow out of a politicians forked tongued double speaking mouth

Last edited:

My belief is yes, if one is serious in prayer by making a genuine effort to change one's behavior. With God all things are possible.
You could be right. Genuine effort is enough. Noted. Not true for me yet. I think I must not sin no more after forgiveness.

Ok, but there is no editbutton for the first comment. So I must post it here. There are so many, just assumed everybody knew some. Hebrew 10:26 is clear for me.

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

acts 2:38
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

More on this link

That's great. Thanks.

Actually he

Actually he has a database called the book of life. It has around 20 billion files.
I can't wait to see the ultimate operating system
It is only between you and The Great Spirit. A private affair.lol

I say the The Great Spirit instead of God.

I only use God when cursing at a libturd

kjv isnt the only unforgivable sin denying the holy ghost....

in the book ' conversations with god' god states man can understand sin or heaven or hell and hell does not exist.....my hubby calls it a book to make sinner happy...

pretty sure part of confession for catholics ding is forgiveness and go forth and sin no more....

does forgiveness set a high standard or a low bar? isnt it like an apology where if you apologize for something then you are to avoid doing it again? that is how i explain it to the wee ones.
Going forth and sinning no more is a process; a journey. No one is perfect. Mistakes will happen. The question is is progress being made. Being patient is as important as being diligent.

As for confession, confession serves a practical purpose. We are only as sick as the secrets we keep. Speaking our failures out loud to another person releases the power it holds over us. It is like lifting a weight or burden off of our shoulders.

Forgiveness is a gift we give to others and ourselves. It isn't practical to hold a grudge forever or good for use either. Forgiving can be hard. Forgetting is impossible. But like confession there are practical benefits to forgiveness.

Do they serve popcorn and beer there while we watch the movie?

I was pretty much raised in church. Southern Baptist/Pentecostal. It has been my experience that churches are terrible places for people who do not need the threat of eternal damnation to live a moral upright life.
Well, that's not the motivation for people who experience the grace of God, which is what fuels Christian morality.

They strive to live a holy life because they are inspired to do so, to live as their savior to the best of their ability... not out of some simple fear.

Interesting. That is the fake christians I speak of. And I have wondered about the baptizing thing. Is that a requirement to go to heaven? Was thinking of doing a thread about that. I am pretty new as a christian, so I do not know much. Baptized as a kid, grew up as an atheist. Did confirmation. Delisted myself in 1999, and then I signed up to a religion that paid members 100 dollars a year a few years later. Then I became a member of buddhism in 2008 or somthing. Been member ever since.

So do I have to reinlist in a church and get baptized again as an adult? I know there is something about you having to make a concious choice to be baptized. Last time I was an infant. Does it not count? Does this mean I will go to hell if I do not get baptized? And can you ask your hubby if I can get baptized in a fake church which does not preach the right scripture? 3 hours to a true church, and I do not know if they do baptisms of adults. There are some jehovas witness church 1 hour away, they do adult baptisms, will that be good enough?.
If you are baptized, you're good. As a Protestant-turned-Catholic.. I was baptized Lutheran, and the Catholic church recognizes it. Baptism is compatible with pretty much all Christian denominations.

To our understanding, baptism is necessary to wash away original sin. Of course, God is a fair judge.. so we don't know how those who go un-baptized for reasons out of their control will be handled, and I would assume He will judge fairly and compassionately. But, Christians do get their children baptized.

Going forth and sinning no more is a process; a journey. No one is perfect. Mistakes will happen. The question is is progress being made. Being patient is as important as being diligent.

As for confession, confession serves a practical purpose. We are only as sick as the secrets we keep. Speaking our failures out loud to another person releases the power it holds over us. It is like lifting a weight or burden off of our shoulders.

Forgiveness is a gift we give to others and ourselves. It isn't practical to hold a grudge forever or good for use either. Forgiving can be hard. Forgetting is impossible. But like confession there are practical benefits to forgiveness.
Confession has a spiritual and psychological component for sure, and they probably were designed to work in concert.

Your soul is cleansed, and you're humbled.

It's a healthy process, especially for the modern self-righteous folk.

Well, that's not the motivation for people who experience the grace of God, which is what fuels Christian morality.

They strive to live a holy life because they are inspired to do so, to live as their savior to the best of their ability... not out of some simple fear.
The Christians you describe are way outnumbered by hypocrites and it is only getting worse. People who actually have goodness in their hearts are not that attracted to a faith that seems to be full of angry frightened people who preach right wing politics more than personal virtue.

Forum List

Back