Can We Outlaw Twitter ? Google ?

You understand they would just pack up their shit and move to a jurisdiction that didn't fuck with them, right?

I'm sure the french, british, or germans would love to have more control over them and take their tax money

They're fucking websites, they control nothing but their own servers.

Maybe start with regulating comcast and other ISP's properly and people will have an appetite for this. But in the context of ISPs who just do whatever the fuck they want on publicly funded copper infrastructure. Talking about how web services need to be regulated is absurd

That would be actual censorship, as it would be the GOVERNMENT stepping in and running things their way.

• Banned
You understand they would just pack up their shit and move to a jurisdiction that didn't fuck with them, right?

I'm sure the french, british, or germans would love to have more control over them and take their tax money

Maybe start with regulating comcast and other ISP's properly and people will have an appetite for this. But in the context of ISPs who just do whatever the fuck they want on publicly funded copper infrastructure. Talking about how web services need to be regulated is absurd

I don't recall using the word regulate.

I was just asking the question if it could be done.

I didn't say it should be done.....but if it could...I might.

I don't recall using the word regulate.

I was just asking the question if it could be done.

I didn't say it should be done.....but if it could...I might.

To "outlaw" is to regulate

Unless you're just going to turn off the internet, yea you're talking about regulating it

You'd have to come up with rules that would justify you destroying their business and allow others to follow without risking the same fate.

Which ends in regulation

The only way it doesn't is through some form of prohibition like we do with many recreational drugs. But that's a ridiculous thing to talk about. We're not turning off the internet.

So yes you are talking about regulating

And again you can't outlaw things on the internet we don't control all of it.

You don't need to, just ignore them.

Someone else will come fill the void. Gab is already out there taking more and more people away from twatter.

They don't practice free speech.

We should be able to pass statutes that essentially pull their licenses to operate.

They are privately own companies, and can allow or not allow any content they wish. I thought you conservatives were all about letting companies do whatever they want to if they are private.

Guess you guys only want to keep the government out of businesses if they are doing what you think is right.

We should be able to pass statutes that essentially pull their licenses to operate.

They are privately own companies, and can allow or not allow any content they wish. I thought you conservatives were all about letting companies do whatever they want to if they are private.

Guess you guys only want to keep the government out of businesses if they are doing what you think is right.

It was a question.

Did I say I wanted to outlaw them ?

When the internet and cable first started revving up, I remember thinking.....and almost instantly seeing....bullshit.

People were all about the "information" age.

I was calling it the disinformation age 25 years ago.

And what has it become ?

It was a question.

Did I say I wanted to outlaw them ?

Those weren't questions in your OP, they were statements, and you said that you would like to pass statutes that would pull their ability to operate. If that was to happen, it would be government interference in a private business.

When the internet and cable first started revving up, I remember thinking.....and almost instantly seeing....bullshit.

And what has it become ?

You know, back in the early 90s when the internet started to take off, I was thinking that this would be a great thing for everyone, as now you could have information instantly available if you had a computer and a connection. Sadly, that hasn't been the case.

And what has it become ?

You know, back in the early 90s when the internet started to take off, I was thinking that this would be a great thing for everyone, as now you could have information instantly available if you had a computer and a connection. Sadly, that hasn't been the case.

Wonder what you call "information" ?

I know more people dropping media than getting onto it.

Just look at this board.

More bullshit than fact.

Forum List

Back